Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat? (Part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat? (Part II)

Originally posted by Wholin1 View Post
    My hope is that the team has RB's back and comes out playing a lot harder than they did last weekend. Leadership will be crucial and there are character guys aplenty on this team who can fill in for their absent captain. Joe Dumais and Jason Tapp are savvy guys who spend a lot of practice time on ice with the boys and I'm sure they will respond positively. For that matter I'm also hearing good things about Jon Ronan so there will be plenty of bench leadership. I think I'm more concerned about whether the week's ordeal will leave the team emotionally drained. I'm guessing not. A credo of this team is responding to adversity and they've had plenty of that to deal with. I think they will circle the wagons and come home with 3 or 4 more points.
    I'd like to say that I get the feeling they'll bounce back from Saturday, but I'm also starting to think that's more of a "hope" than anything else.

That said, the boys were sloppy again for the first 30 minutes of the game, but started getting momentum midway through the second period. Not scoring on the 5x3 and subsequent 5x4 hurt a little, but I thought they played much better overall. They might have been able to pull out a win if it wasn't for Diebold's strong 2nd & 3rd periods. I'm hoping that momentum, plus playing for Bennett AND their captain this weekend will inspire them. This team has faced adversity before, but this is a different type of adversity. Let's see how they come out of it.
    Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
      Old thread here: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...ee-Peat/page57

Since the last 20+ pages of the old thread were not about hockey, let's start of this thread with a hockey-related question: How does everyone expect Union to fare in the North Country without Coach Bennett and Bodie for two games and without Eli and Ciampini for one game? A weekend sweep would be huge for this team to move on from last weekend and get back on the right track.
      Thank you.

About this weekend, all I can say is I'm cautiously optimistic.
      Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
        Did anyone listen to USCHO live?
        I listened to the podcast. Ken Schott was interviewed and added little new but did say that he felt Rick Bennett should have received a longer suspension from the ECAC.

Comment

Chance for Carr (A) and Gostisbehere (A) to step up and lead with Hatch, Ikkala and Sullivan and the rest of the upperclassmen. Can they play this weekend for their Coach? For their other teammates who will not be their Friday? Can they play for themselves and for a ECAC Title?

For St. Lawrence:
          Top Power Play (#1) in the USA (USCHO)
          Top 10 offense in the USA
          Outstanding Forwards

For US:
          Outstanding Defense - Last 6 games - 1.5 gpg. Loses were tight 1-2 affairs
          9-1-2 on the road
          Veteran Team

Can we play UNION Hockey?
          Stevens will be really challenged (again).
          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Breaking news.... ECAC issues additional suspensions....

Bennett gets 2 from the league, now gone for the next 4 games.

Appert is suspended for Friday.

Comment

Originally posted by rdf8585 View Post
              Breaking news.... ECAC issues additional suspensions....

Bennett gets 2 from the league, now gone for the next 4 games.

Appert is suspended for Friday.
              Here is the link of the ECAC's announcement: http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2013-1...nal_Suspension

Comment

How the heck did this happen?
                YALE HOCKEY
                2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                  How the heck did this happen?
                  Public pressure on both sides that ended up going to the media. RPI fans want Bennett fired, and Union fans think Appert had gotten away with the whole thing.

C'est la vie.

Comment

Just when I thought we were done with this bull****.

What the hell, Shagwell?
                    LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Ken Schott has got to be happy ......
                      http://www.uscho.com/uscho-live/ Click on session #13, Blog Radio in the box to the right.
                      http://www.ecachockey.com/men/2013-1...nal_Suspension
                      Last edited by Dutchman; 01-29-2014, 05:32 PM.
                      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

How do you put out a press release on Monday announcing the suspensions and saying "We support Union's suspension of 2 games for Rick Bennett," then put out another press release two days later and say, "Wait, we changed our mind. Forget what we said before."
                        LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

How do you put out a press release on Monday announcing the suspensions and saying "We support Union's suspension of 2 games for Rick Bennett," then put out another press release two days later and say, "Wait, we changed our mind. Forget what we said before."
                          Looks like the administrators from other league schools were consulted which is bs. Could you imagine if NHL GMs were consulted for suspensions? Total conflict of interest and proves the weakness of the league office.

Hagwell is inept and this further proves it. Neither school should be happy about the additional discipline. The improvements the league has made on the ice have been in spite of him. Even Atlantic Hockey gets games on national TV and Hagwell gets nothing for the ECAC.

Comment

RPI fan butting in here for a second (please don't kill me) just to state the obvious but Shayne Gostisbehere is an amazing hockey player and even though I'm not an Union alum (though I did almost go to Union), I really enjoy watching him play. He's definitely got a good future ahead of him and I honestly hope he wins the Hobey Baker award. What a talent. I also hope you guys continue to do well through the rest of the season and post-season.

Just thought I'd drop in with some support for an opposing team!

Comment

I agree. If the ECAC can change their minds, Union's AD should be allowed to change his.. Maybe issue a statement "Bennett will be suspended concurrent with the ECAC".
                              Union College Hockey
                              2014 NCAA National Champions
                              2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

How idiotic is that? I'm not necessarily disagreeing with the 4 games but with the timing. Was it a typo? Did something get worse in the past 24 hours? Did the NCAA jump in? Obviously the league didn't think this through from the outset and who can be surprised given our commissioner? It's like a judge sentencing a defendant to be executed and then two days later saying "oh yeah, and then we are going to execute you again." It's a second black eye and reopening a wound for the league and will provide a rehash in the media just as it was beginning to recede.

Comment

Working...
                                X