Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat? (Part II)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2013-2014 Union Dutchmen - Can U Three Peat? (Part II)

One very proud alum right here. What an unbelievable season!
    Union College Hockey
    2014 NCAA National Champions
    2012, 2013, 2014 ECAC Champions

Comment

Real happy and excited for all the Union faithful! Everyone is talking, the bandwagon is full. I have never seen so many U shirts, etc. coming out of the moth balls. The culture is incredible at Union starting with the Administration. Enjoy!!
      I've been lost since 1989. I got a breakaway on a frozen river and have been skating ever since.

Comment

Congratulations and thank you! When I watched Union play my team in January I was extremely impressed. Today I am more so. Well-coached, hard working, cohesive, disciplined, good offensively, good defensively and now National Champions. Not bad for a team with no scholies and 2200 students in an academic environment. Enjoy it. Only way it could be better is if it were my Scarlet and Brown but this was really incredible. And $14 going plus 7....are you kidding me. I can't even imagine a better big game performance.

PS Ric Bennett, I take back what I said to you on the bench at Schneider back about 88 or 89 whenever SLU played down there. ECAC pride lives on.
        9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
        1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

Congratulations on a great regular season, ECAC Championship and a great run to a title. You've done yourselves proud. What a fun team to watch and I underscore the word team. Was on pins and needles watching the game. You've done your University and the ECAC proud. Wonderful, wonderful season!!!
          SLU

Comment

Congrats

Comment

I saw this team win the ECAC Championship (at the expense of my alma mater) three weekends ago, and at the time, I had a feeling they were focused on something bigger. They accomplished that tonight.

Congratulations! If U can do it, anyone can!
              Colgate '09

Comment

Congratulations on your first title and welcome to the club! Enjoy it!
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Congratulations
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Unbelievable. That's the only word I can find. And to think, just ten or fifteen years ago, Union was a team even Brown could expect to beat without much trouble. The rise of this program is unprecedented and absolutely surreal.

Congratulations to a very deserving fanbase. Thanks for making the ECAC proud once again!

Comment

We've reached the mountaintop and the view is spectacular. Thanks to our coaches who are incredibly dedicated, talented and hard working . Of course those kids and magnificent seniors get all the credit in the world. To the dedicated fans congratulations and joy in the moment. Thanks also for the kind words from fans of our rivals who who been kind and sporting enough to express their good wishes.

Comment

Audio of Matt DuBrey and Brian Unger as Kevin Sullivan seals the deal - http://t.co/H6tK8q73Jj (this is going to give any Union fan the chills)

Video of Union's postgame press conference: http://youtu.be/VB0bQfwzGtY

Comment

Congrats from this RPI fan, welcome to the club and thanks for making the ECAC continue to look excellent.
                          Last edited by ibanezist00; 04-13-2014, 12:36 AM.
                          Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Congrats to the Union College team and their fans on the NCAA Championship!
                            It's a great thrill and years later you will still be able to remember this feeling.
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

I haven't posted much recently since I was WAYYYYY too nervous about these last three days, plus I have been battling a NASTY stomach bug...

What a run....

I also root for the Seahawks, so these first four months of 2014 have been kinda special....

Kudos to the boys, the coaches and the admin at Union....

Kudos to all of the regulars on this thread that make it fun to come to and share the Union Hockey experience with....

Finally a big kudos to all of the fans from other threads who have been very gracious and generous with their support and comments....

College hockey rules supreme!!!!!!

It was my Senior year when Union joined the ECAC in 91-92....What a journey.....

I hope everyone survives another summer of baseball until we can drop the puck once again....

Be Well, all...

Keith.
                              Keith Reynolds
                              Union College
                              Class of 1992
                              B.A. in Economics/Mathematics

University of Nevada - Las Vegas
                              Class of 2001
                              M.S. in Sports and Leisure Management

"I went to Union before it sucked...."

Comment

This is going to take some time to sink in... still kind of awe struck by the whole thing. It's something anyone associated with the program -- players, staff, media, fans, etc -- will never forget. Having to beat BC and Minnesota to do it makes it even more impressive.

What a season.

Here's a recap of the game: http://t.co/hs0nHrDsgf

Here's a couple more gems from the Union radio team:

End of game/reflections: http://t.co/afKrzPFNRo

Bodie's empty-netter: http://t.co/pA7Ku1XY1T ("Go crazy, Electric City, Union College is going to bring home the NCAA championship!" - Matt DuBrey)

Comment

Working...
                                X