Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UML 2013/2014 Season, II ... May I have another?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
    The school just posted this on Facebook.

"Who's ready for tonight's big game? Join us for a pre-game party at The Citizen Wine Bar in Worcester! The restaurant is owned by UMass Lowell alumni Deb and Mike Covino, so the River Hawk spirit will be in full swing!"

https://www.facebook.com/umlowell

That's pretty cool. If alumni owns it, I bet they are opening early for the 4pm event.
    this may be the first time in recorded history that 'wine bar' and 'lowell' have been in the same paragraph!

(now go win, you wine drinkers!! )
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: UML 2013/2014 Season, II ... May I have another?

If Lowell plays like that tomorrow, BC is going to kill them and play with their entrails at center ice.
      Lowell Forever
      Forever Lowell

Comment

This Friar fan is rooting for you tomorrow! Anyone got an extra ticket cheap for me?
        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Onward, UML, onward! But you'd better bring the A game tomorrow. BC is in the groove. Hoping its the Riverhawks in Philly.
          We are usually convinced more easily by reasons we have found ourselves than by those which have occurred to others.
          ---Blaise Pascal

When two opposite points of view are expressed with equal intensity, the truth does not necessarily lie exactly halfway between them. It is possible for one side to be simply wrong.
          --Richard Dawkins

UNH Wildcats: Winners, 20XX NCAA Men's Hockey National Championship

Comment

Originally posted by fr0zn-4 View Post
            Sorry. I'm the worst.
            I need tix for tomorrow, i just say "usa hockey" at the window and they give me $10 off each ticket?

Comment

Rooting for our UML friends tomorrow. Go Chief... I mean River Hawks.

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                If Lowell plays like that tomorrow, BC is going to kill them and play with their entrails at center ice.
                Agreed!
                Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                This Friar fan is rooting for you tomorrow! Anyone got an extra ticket cheap for me?
                Originally posted by The Freds View Post
                Rooting for our UML friends tomorrow. Go Chief... I mean River Hawks.
                Thanks guys! I was bummed out you guys couldn't advance and meet us in Philly.
                Originally posted by goblue View Post
                Onward, UML, onward! But you'd better bring the A game tomorrow. BC is in the groove. Hoping its the Riverhawks in Philly.
                Yup; need a major mojo infusion. I want cheesesteaks dammit.
                Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Hellebuyck was so strong in net it was unreal. Holmstrom owes him for that goal allowed - he left his man to take a swipe at the puck and it ends up on his man's stick.

I think Minnesota State got a lot out of the Yale tape from last year. They effectively took away the cross ice breakout pass, and Lowell was unable to adjust the whole game. MSU was willing to commit their defensemen to play up past the blue line to keep the puck in, whereas Lowell's D retreat the second the puck starts to cross the dots.

When Lowell created offensive pressure, they had a s-ton of scoring chances. They could have had four or five tonight, but they were just a shade off from breaking it open.

I personally didn't think Folin or Zink played well. Folin had some unbelievably bad giveaways during this game. Like Tormey-esque giveaways. Giveaways so bad the phrase "Folin why are you trying to ruin my life" escaped my mouth.

Pendenza was great tonight. I can't believe Arnold didn't get one, he had some great looks.

Need to up the intensity tomorrow night. Go 'Hawks!
                  Lowell Forever
                  Forever Lowell

Comment

Does anyone know where I could catch this game in Lowell tomorrow night since its going to be on ESPNU?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fishhawk View Post
                      I need tix for tomorrow, i just say "usa hockey" at the window and they give me $10 off each ticket?
                      I guess the usahockey code was only good for the semifinals. They wouldn't give it to me for Sundays game. But ya, give it a shot. Just say I have a coupon code, usahockey. Good luck!

Comment

• Originally posted by goblue View Post
                        One game is a groove?!?

I don't think Denver could beat merrymack
                        That was just what jrrrry needed for his boys.
                        Now go smack them in the mouth and wake the igles up from their happy place dream!! Back to reality.

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by Patronick View Post

I think Minnesota State got a lot out of the Yale tape from last year. They effectively took away the cross ice breakout pass, and Lowell was unable to adjust the whole game. MSU was willing to commit their defensemen to play up past the blue line to keep the puck in

Go 'Hawks!
                          100% agree. They reminded me of Yale last year. Solid post
                          "We will play a style that is a puck-possession game, an up-tempo style ... It will rely on speed and toughness. I’m sure these players can
                          make that adjustment very easily. We’re going to make the Tsongas a tough place to get points for other teams." -UML Coach Norm Bazin

Comment

MSM used the same technique that Union and Yale have used to take us out of our game the last couple of years, and we didn't adjust. Just can't play like that today. Please.

If anyone is looking for tickets, I'd suggest trying the Lowell bar and asking around. I heard of a couple of extras floating around yesterday.

BTW, that bar is freakin' cool.
                            Monty

2011-2012 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2012-2013 Hockey East Regular Season Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions, and Frozen Four Participants
                            2013-2014 Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2015-2016 NCAA Tournament Participants
                            2016-2017 Hockey East Regular Season Co-Champions, Hockey East Tournament Champions and NCAA Tournament Participants

Comment

Originally posted by Bdawg7588 View Post
                              Does anyone know where I could catch this game in Lowell tomorrow night since its going to be on ESPNU?
                              Beerworks? Most places that show sports would have it I would think.
                              Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                              Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                              "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                              KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Citizen wine bar will be open at 2:30 today, fyi
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                                X