• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Clarkson 2013 - 14

Congrats Clarkson!!

Comment

Well done Clarkson! You put all the doubters in their place. Canadian heart wins it over superior talent. Great game. That goal by MacAulay was a thing of beauty.

Appropriate that the first ECAC team to win a National Championship, and it's school's first title in any sport, happened in an ECAC rink. And it was also the first time anyone's scored 5 goals on Minnesota in years.

Interesting that Clarkson's senior class finished their careers having never lost a game in Quinnipiac's arena.

Comment

Originally posted by Trillium View Post
        Well done Clarkson! You put all the doubters in their place. Canadian heart wins it over superior talent. Great game. That goal by MacAulay was a thing of beauty.

Appropriate that the first ECAC team to win a National Championship, and it's school's first title in any sport, happened in an ECAC rink. And it was also the first time anyone's scored 5 goals on Minnesota in years.
        Speaking for myself, I was not a Clarkson doubter. Clarkson played a great game, worthy champion, displayed lots of heart.

But their heart did not have to cope with the pressure of one loss in 2 years. Minnesota did not compile a record like that simply on "superior talent" and absence of heart. The Gophers have displayed as much heart as anyone could expect or reasonably hope for during this run they've been on.

But really, taking nothing away from Clarkson's victory.

Comment

Congrats!

UNIVERSITY OF NORTH DAKOTA WOMEN'S HOCKEY

WCHA Regular Season Champions:
          WCHA Playoff Champions:
          NCAA Tournament Appearances: 2012
          NCAA Championships:

http://www.leaderpost.com/sports/Reg...005/story.html

Comment

Congratulations to Clarkson. You guys played a hell of a game and beat us.

Comment

Originally posted by Trillium View Post
              Canadian heart wins it over superior talent.
              Oh, bull****. Clarkson has plenty of talent.

Comment

Originally posted by Eeyore View Post
                Oh, bull****. Clarkson has plenty of talent.
                Originally posted by Golden Tuuk
                What does that mean? Canadian heart?
                I believe the reference is to the fact that Clarkson's roster of 21 players includes 19 Canadians and 2 backup goalies from MN.

Comment

Congratulations Clarkson from this Gopher fan. They accomplished what very, very few have in the last couple of years and did it with everything on the line.
                  At the outset, we could hang with the dude...

Comment

Congratulations on your historic accomplishment!

Comment

Congrats to Clarkson for pulling off a great playoff run with the championship! The fact that you took out BC made you my heroes....really nice to see a small enrollment school take down one of the larger ones....kudos also on being the first team at Clarkson to win a National Championship....
                      I must say though, extraordinary sportsmanship by the Minnesota posters here on the thread! Well done fellas....I just wish some of our fellow brethren here on the threads would learn from your example.....
                      Again though, thanks to Clarkson for sharing your journey, well done!

Comment

At various times we might have thought the team that would break the WCHA hold on the NCAA title would be Dartmouth, Brown, Harvard, St. Lawrence, UNH, Mercyhurst, Cornell, BU, BC... I would've named each of those teams at some point in time before I named Clarkson to do it. But here we are, and it's Clarkson. What a great achievement for Shannon and Matt and all the players. Shannon was on the SLU team that started Women's NCAA history with one of the greatest upsets there has ever been in the Frozen Four, and now here she is co-coaching the first ECAC team to win the title 13 years later. All the best to Clarkson.

Comment

Originally posted by mattj711 View Post
                          Congrats Clarkson!!
                          Congratulations Clarkson!
                          Fire Chiarelli!

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                            I must say though, extraordinary sportsmanship by the Minnesota posters here on the thread! Well done fellas....I just wish some of our fellow brethren here on the threads would learn from your example.....
                            I agree whole heartedly. One thing about the Women's threads is for the most part the conversation sticks to the topics and the give and take is civil. Not something you see on the men's side as often.
                            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

A very hearty congratulations to the Clarkson ladies and fans! I only saw period 3 but that was enough to see that you earned that win. I was really hoping for the three-peat, but not this time. Enjoy! See you next year.
                              You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Just got a tweet that if Union wins the D-I men's tournament that will mean that D-III schools will hold all the ice hockey titles.
                                CCT '77 & '78
                                4 kids
                                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Working...
                                X