Clarkson 2013 - 14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clarkson 2013 - 14

We deserve a thread. Trying to make a move on 1st this weekend! I know we're mostly Canadian, but we do supply the dirty oil for the US.

Re: Clarkson 2013 - 14

Originally posted by clarksoncluck View Post
    We deserve a thread. Trying to make a move on 1st this weekend! I know we're mostly Canadian, but we do supply the dirty oil for the US.
    Come join the Clarkson Roundtable. Need more fans inputs to the women.

http://www.letsgotech.com/roundtable...6470#post36470

Hope the gals do not overlook Colgate today. Read with interest your post on the Harvard thread. In order for Clarkson to get that ECAC title Jamie Lee Rattray is gonna need more help scoring. Carley Mercer has not had the goal scoring season I was expecting. She needs to get going as do the rest of the forwards. Defensively I think they are as good a team as there is in the ECAC. In goal, Erica Howe has been for the most part stellar in goal except she has uncharacteristicaly given up a soft goal in a number of the games (turned a win against Yale into a tie). She has to be spot on especially against Cornell and Harvard. Huge weekend for this team. Have to get 4 points. LGT LGT LGT
    Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
    And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
    WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
    If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

[U]In order for Clarkson to get that ECAC title Jamie Lee Rattray is gonna need more help scoring.
      yes, it's true but it's still her role as coaches gave her two playmaker on her line (Styner and Gagnon) since ten games. That said, she understood and responded well since because her production has definitely improved. Now that she has the players to get the puck out of the d zone, she can carry the puck at her full speed. And for that, she's amazing! Big w-e for the ladies knights!
      Last edited by Qwhfan; 01-24-2014, 09:19 AM.

Comment

For anyone interested in following the Knights today, the game will be on free video at www.rpitv.org, always good quality. They should have audio as well, but if not, you can tune in to www.wrpi.org. Should be a good game...hope the Engineers can give them a battle.

Comment

Game of the week, two teams with short benches, Pairwise implications
          BC leaves no doubt who wins HE this year plus they need this for the pairwise.

Comment

Originally posted by addme View Post
            ? wrong thread -- should have been the HE predictions thread? But yes, HU/NU is game of the week for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by addme View Post
              Did not know BC and BU ran a short benches.? In their most recent games both teams dressed a fair sized line-up with 17 skaters.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                Did not know BC and BU ran a short benches.? In their most recent games both teams dressed a fair sized line-up with 17 skaters.
                OnMAA -- these are actually direct quotes from your current post on the Hockey East prediction thread. We seem to have an echo in here...

Comment

Originally posted by wwhyte View Post
                  OnMAA -- these are actually direct quotes from your current post on the Hockey East prediction thread. We seem to have an echo in here...
                  I know what I said in the Prediction Thread, but that was in relation to two different teams (NU and HU). In this thread the reference, or echo as you call it, was made by another poster and referenced a different team. That posters reference, was to BC who are playing BU. Like the HU/NU match it has pairwise implications.

Comment

I know what I said in the Prediction Thread, but that was in relation to two different teams (NU and HU). In this thread the reference, or echo as you call it, was made by another poster and referenced a different team. That posters reference, was to BC who are playing BU. Like the HU/NU match it has pairwise implications.
                    (I'm not sure this is worth getting into, but) You're assuming that the poster was referring to BC/BU, but I don't think that's the only reading. His first sentence was a cut-and-paste of your HU/NU prediction. His second was a cut-and-paste of your BC/BU prediction. You're reading the whole two-sentence post as referring to BC/BU, but I think it's safer to read it as a random prank with no meaning at all. And with that I promise to leave this thread alone until I have something to say about Clarkson :-)

Comment

Originally posted by wwhyte View Post
                      (I'm not sure this is worth getting into, but) You're assuming that the poster was referring to BC/BU, but I don't think that's the only reading. His first sentence was a cut-and-paste of your HU/NU prediction. His second was a cut-and-paste of your BC/BU prediction. You're reading the whole two-sentence post as referring to BC/BU, but I think it's safer to read it as a random prank with no meaning at all. And with that I promise to leave this thread alone until I have something to say about Clarkson :-)
                      Or maybe he/she in the first sentence was referring to the Quinnipiac at Clarkson game on Friday , although I doubt it as neither team has a short bench.

To get back to the topic of this thread, this should be an interesting game as it does have Pairwise Implications. Clarkson earlier in the season shut out Quinnipiac 3-0. If Clarkson can get by Quinny and Prinny, this sets up a showdown the following weekend at Hahvad. That is a game I would pay to see.
                      Last edited by vicb; 02-04-2014, 12:53 PM.
                      Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
                      And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
                      WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
                      If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by vicb View Post
                        Or maybe he/she in the first sentence was referring to the Quinnipiac at Clarkson game on Friday .
                        And that is a huge game. If Clarkson can run the table, they will be the 1st seed.

If I'm not mistaken, even a tie with Quinnipiac a win over Harvard and running the table might get it done for them, although not sure who wins the HTH tie breaker between them and Cornell if they end up tied under that scenario.

Comment

And that is a huge game. If Clarkson can run the table, they will be the 1st seed.

If I'm not mistaken, even a tie with Quinnipiac a win over Harvard and running the table might get it done for them, although not sure who wins the HTH tie breaker between them and Cornell if they end up tied under that scenario.
                          Assuming Clarkson can run the table on all the other games, the Harvard game to me is going to come down to can Clarkson's offense solve Maschmayer in goal for Harvard. She shut them out at Cheel while turning away 36 shots. As much as I like Erica Howe and admire her career (she is the 2 Time ECAC Goaltender of the Year), this year Clarkson's offense and defense has made her life a walk in the park compared to the opposition goalie. It is a lot different facing 10-20 shots most weekends compared to 25 to 35 shots. I watch every game I can on the internet and while Howe has made some great saves and has had some great games, she has also given up a number of softies. As for Maschmayer, who I have only seen in the Clarkson game where she was lights out, she has played brilliantly facing many more shots but maybe she is beginning to wear down a bit (the 4 goals against Colgate and the 2 and 2 against Princeton and Quinnipiac). Not sure when the voting for the post season awards occurrs, but that game could decide this years ECAC Goalie of the Year winner.
                          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO

Comment

As for Maschmayer, who I have only seen in the Clarkson game where she was lights out, she has played brilliantly facing many more shots but maybe she is beginning to wear down a bit (the 4 goals against Colgate and the 2 and 2 against Princeton and Quinnipiac).
                            And she was pulled in the second today against Northeastern.

Comment

She shut them out at Cheel while turning away 36 shots..

Don't forget that when Harvard played Clarkson this season, Gagnon wasn't there. Since her return, JLR and Styner are in fire.
                              Last edited by Qwhfan; 02-04-2014, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X