Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your 2014 EPO Free Cycling Thread

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
    Should be an easy enough transition. First step...find some kenacort.
    I guess he could also go to Africa and get a case of the Badzilla.

Comment

Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
      A lot of speculation on twitter on what caused the frame to break. According to the team, they backed over it.
      The team has had about three or four stories now about how the frame broke. If they backed over it, the tubes would be crushed, not split in half. Obviously they just don't want any bad publicity for their bike sponsor, but so what? It was a hard crash, and it broke the frame. Big deal. Chit happens.
      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by sagard View Post
        Grand Tours are typically the poorer when AC can't ride.

My team will soldier on, but with Valverde as my only remaining GC threat I don't see myself on top much longer.

I need Cance to get in the break tomorrow.

Hopefully Nibali can close this out.
        Supposedly Canc will not start tomorrow http://velonews.competitor.com/2014/...11-tour_336461

Hopefully somebody else can challenge Nibali
        Oswego State Lakers 2007 NCAA Div III Champs

Adirondack Red Wings 4 time Calder Cup Champs 81,86,89 & 92

Comment

Talansky having a real tough time of it right now....

Feel bad for him. Been a brutal Tour so far with the crashes he's sustained.
          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
          GO LAKERS!!!
          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
          Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
            Talansky having a real tough time of it right now....

Feel bad for him. Been a brutal Tour so far with the crashes he's sustained.
            I really hope he can continue. I'm sure it'll be hard but I hope he can.
            MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Interesting day today although no real movement. Could have done without Talansky in the corner of my screen for 2 plus hours, if they want to check periodically that's okay but the small screen jeez. I wonder if that was a NBC sports call or the euro feeds had the same picture.

Just a programming note next Tuesday 8-9:30 on ESPN they have a 30 30 entitled Slaying the Badger which is about Bernard Hinault and Greg Lemond, since Hinault is one of my favorite riders of all time and I frigging despise Lemond it will be interesting to see how the Badger fares since I'm sure it will be tilted towards Lemond.

I also watched The Armstrong Lie last night which was okay but didn't really add a whole lot though the interviews with Filllepe Simoni and Michale Ferrari were interesting. it seems like this guy did a movie on Armstrongs comeback and then just as he was done Armstrong admitted to doping and had to refocus the movie.
              Last edited by Probert; 07-16-2014, 08:25 PM.
              Oswego State Lakers 2007 NCAA Div III Champs

Adirondack Red Wings 4 time Calder Cup Champs 81,86,89 & 92

Comment

Armstrong was just a massive D*ck to Simeoni... same with Bassons. As for Talansky, I'm virtually certain that its a global fee and NBCSC has no say over what they show.

Comment

Originally posted by Titleist View Post
                  Armstrong was just a massive D*ck to Simeoni... same with Bassons.
                  What's really sad about it is what the peloton did to each after the fact. Makes you wonder how anyone in their right mind can have any allegiance to USPS or Discovery these days. Those folks are either incredibly naive or just don't care, and the latter is nothing more than an inexcusable worship of pure filth.

As for Talansky, I'm virtually certain that its a global fee and NBCSC has no say over what they show.
                  Correct.
                  I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    At first I was not happy about the stage, but the more I thought about it, the more I thought, "No, this is absurd. Not the stage but the whining by the competitors." Astana had almost zero problems with the course and made everyone else look foolish. Especially van Garderen. Man he came off like a sore loser. Maybe your mechanics should have prepared your bike with equipment suited to the course conditions. I love Tejay and was hoping him or Talansky would pull it out this year, but I couldn't help but squirm in my seat watching that interview. I had zero issues with the course. I hope Froome being out so early opens this race up.

Also, seeing Sagan up in the GC this late in the game is an absolute treat. I know it's never going to last but I'll enjoy it while it does.
                    This. Very disappointing. Reminds me of David Duval crying about tough greens in the US Open about a decade ago. Everyone is playing the same course, buddy....shut up and play and if you do it better than everyone else, guess what...you'll win!
                    My thoughts exactly. Except for the bit about Contador. Not sure why I don't like him, I just don't.

However, now that Talansky is out, I have returned to the TVG bandwagon. Although, I wouldn't be upset if one of the French riders wins it. You have to toss them a bone every 20 years or so.
                    Code:
                    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                    Originally posted by SanTropez
                    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                    Originally posted by Kepler
                    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

What's really sad about it is what the peloton did to each after the fact. Makes you wonder how anyone in their right mind can have any allegiance to USPS or Discovery these days. Those folks are either incredibly naive or just don't care, and the latter is nothing more than an inexcusable worship of pure filth.
                      Eh, I still like Armstrong despite everything that's been revealed. So he's a pr!ck and he doped. *shrug* Call me a cynic but everyone doped in that era. He was just the best of the dopers.

It probably doesn't help that I didn't really start watching cycling until the first year Armstrong won it all. Kind of one of those childhood hero things.
                      Code:
                      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                        He was just the best of the dopers.
                        I'm going to make a small correction to this. He was the best responder of the the dopers, that distinction but also a HUGE difference.

Lo Squalo was impressive today!

Comment

Nibali continues to assert his dominance.

Good velo day for me with Bardet, VanGarderen and Ten Dam finishing 6-8. All three are in the top 10 in the GC now.

Costa had a decent day too finishing 15th even while fighting bronchitis.
                          The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                          "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                          GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                          GO LAKERS!!!
                          GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                          "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                          Oswego State '09

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            Eh, I still like Armstrong despite everything that's been revealed. So he's a pr!ck and he doped. *shrug* Call me a cynic but everyone doped in that era. He was just the best of the dopers.

It probably doesn't help that I didn't really start watching cycling until the first year Armstrong won it all. Kind of one of those childhood hero things.
                            I'm not trying to be obnoxious here as I vowed to try to keep this sort of talk out of here, but if you really believe that you need to do some homework. And I don't lord that over you as if I'm some genius, but really, go look into it. Because be it in cycling, business, politics, whatever...detestable human beings are detestable human beings. And anyone who doesnt skewer them is either naive to the point of embarrassment, or ambivalent to the point of disgrace.

It's not a cycling thing. It's a human thing.

Comment

• Loving the fact that I'm completely in the bag for fdj and have picked pinot numerous times, and now as soon as I don't he figures out how not to fold. At least not yet. I figure we're far enough in that if he starts to buckle madiot will just yell at him a bunch and make it all better, but **** if I can't peg him in this game. Just like f schleck a few years ago and horner more recently. Regardless, glad to see him doing well and hope he can keep it up.

Comment

I'm not trying to be obnoxious here as I vowed to try to keep this sort of talk out of here, but if you really believe that you need to do some homework. And I don't lord that over you as if I'm some genius, but really, go look into it. Because be it in cycling, business, politics, whatever...detestable human beings are detestable human beings. And anyone who doesnt skewer them is either naive to the point of embarrassment, or ambivalent to the point of disgrace.

It's not a cycling thing. It's a human thing.
                                I think detestable is pretty strong. As are embarrassment and disgrace.

I don't know. I hardly think what he did was worthy of the vitriol I read on here. I think ambivalent was the right word (even though disgrace was not) because I think he did a lot of great things as well. Do they balance out the sh!!tty things? I don't know. I'll leave that up to everyone else to make their own decision and I'm certainly not going to judge someone because they like A-Rod, Bonds, Contador, or any of the other cheaters out there.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X