Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your 2014 EPO Free Cycling Thread

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
    I'd love to see Pinot podium before he goes and signs with Sky, but I just can't see him holding off Peraud and Valverde. The parcours will help him to an extent but I still don't think it will be enough -- no matter how much Marc Madiot hangs out the window and screams at him. Hope I'm wrong...
    DON'T SAY THINGS LIKE THAT! Go outside and spit over your shoulder and walk around backwards or something.

Regardless, Madiot won't be in Pinot's car. I read yesterday it would be Yvon Madiot and Pinot's mechanic. Normally I'd agree entirely that Piti takes this, but the last TT is almost always about strength not technique and I am sure that Pinot has more strength left than Piti. Plus he goes after him so he'll get the benefits of knowning Piti's splits. Huge advantage. Allez! Allez! Allez!

Comment

Nice to see tejay move up today. Was hoping for a better finish for him but he's still young.
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• Just as I thought. Nothing to worry about at all. Knew he had it all along!
        I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Hahahahaha. Oh man. Did he really just say Chinaman?
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Not surprising to see the result. I was really hoping to see Sagan win it.
            Code:

Comment

As usual a very uneventful final day.

Has L'Equippe accused Pinot of doping after his other worldy performance in the Time Trial or do they only do that if it's a non French cyclist.
              Oswego State Lakers 2007 NCAA Div III Champs

Adirondack Red Wings 4 time Calder Cup Champs 81,86,89 & 92

Comment

• Originally posted by Probert View Post
                As usual a very uneventful final day.

Has L'Equippe accused Pinot of doping after his other worldy performance in the Time Trial or do they only do that if it's a non French cyclist.
                Quietest 8th place finish by Zubeldia ever?

He did the same thing in 2012 when he finished 6th...

Never really around or talked about during the stages and then all of a sudden consistency wears through and there he is in the top 10 at the end of the Tour.

Pretty impressive for a 37-year old. Still got it in the ole legs.
                The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
                "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
                GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
                GO LAKERS!!!
                GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
                "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
                Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  I just watched on DVR, so I was listening for this, and he did, indeed refer to him as a Chinaman. A few sentences earlier, he said "first Chinese man to blah, blah, blah" but the second time around he shortened it a bit. Yikes.

And so begins the long month between the end of the Tour and the start of Football season. Really about the only month where there are no sports on that I care about.
                  If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    How is that any different than Englishman, Irishman, Frenchman, etc., all of which get said 100s of times during the race?

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
                      How is that any different than Englishman, Irishman, Frenchman, etc., all of which get said 100s of times during the race?
                      Did you pre-read the Wiki page? Interestingly enough, it also references "Englishman, Frenchman, and Irishman" as being similar terms which are not offensive.
                      If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

• Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                        Did you pre-read the Wiki page? Interestingly enough, it also references "Englishman, Frenchman, and Irishman" as being similar terms which are not offensive.
                        No I don't read wiki to help me decide what I should think is offensive and what isn't. As with many words it can be used in different ways, and using it in the middle of a glowing commentary on the guy is about the last thing I'm going to find offensive.

I don't even like Liggett but this is so far from being an issue it isn't even funny. Amusingly,after looking up the full comment, I note ol' Phil didn't point out the guy was in last because he does an enormous amount of pulling in early and middle portions of stages. He should have -- dude is a workhorse in that regard and thus a pretty valuable rider, even if he is a man...from China.

Comment

The chinaman is not the issue here, dude.
                          Code:

Comment

• Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                            The chinaman is not the issue here, dude.
                            I knew that was coming...

Anyway, what are people's overall impressions of the race? I've heard a decent amount of griping about it being lousy because no one could touch Nibbles, but obviously that's mainly due to Contador, and perhaps Froome, crashing out and those are things no one can plan for.

While there weren't final week fireworks for the top spot, I thought the race design itself was the best in years and lent itself to very entertaining and unpredictable stages, relatively. Stage 2 was fantastic, stage 5 also, and we actually saw some solo breaks succeed thanks in large part to stage design. Martin and Navardauskas come to mind, and Bauer almost did it, just to name a few. Have to say I was quite pleased overall with the day-to-day action. Too bad this wasn't the course last year...

Comment

You know the weather made this tour less good for me. Too many days of rain, too many accidents because of it. But I agree the design was great, and of course I love it no matter what. Usually go to the web site of the towns they are in to see if I want to go there.

I would have liked another time trial in there somewhere.

Did you see that article in the NY times about how much money the teams spend and the new contract season going on now? pretty interesting. I think sky spends at least twice as much as the next highest team.
                              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

Completely agree on the time trial. I really think another time trial either as a prologue or early on would have been nice.

I've always enjoyed the team time trials.
                                Code:

Comment

Working...
                                X