X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BU 2013-14 (Part II): Crash before the Phoenix

Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
    Let's not sugar coat it though... I agree the talent level is not where we want it to be, but at the same time this team has enough talent to be doing better than they are. Something isn't right right now.
    Thru Red Hot Hockey the team was doing what I expected it to. Beat the teams they should, get beat by more talented & experienced teams, and win a game or 2 against those more talented & experienced teams. Expected them to finish strong at the end of last semester given the opposition and continue to improve in the 2nd half.

When that didn't happen, I then thought perhaps the time off and fresh start would do some good...I guess I was wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Friend_of_BU_Hockey View Post
      When that didn't happen, I then thought perhaps the time off and fresh start would do some good...I guess I was wrong.
      This has been the most disconcerting thing to me, that the time off away from their normal routine, class, campus, etc. seemingly did nothing for them. In fact, it appears things have gotten worse. The same bad habits are there, the same lack of communication is there, and they don't appear to be refreshed. If anything, they seem to have fallen further into the doldrums.
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by Rogie21 View Post
        Assuming Eichel will be one-and-done is a mistake. I wouldn't be surprised if he's here for two years like Wilson. #44 ranked D MacLeod arrives in 2014 and BU isn't done adding for next season.
        BU now has a verbal from Spruce Grove LD Brandon Hickey, NHL Central Scouting #63.

Written up this week in The Hockey News' NHL Prospect Hot List By: Ryan Kennedy on January 14, 2014
        Brandon Hickey, D – Spruce Grove Saints (AJHL) Hickey brings a skill that all scouts love and that’s skating. The 6-foot-2 D-man has improved his offensive production with the Saints, totaling four goals and 16 points through 37 games after notching just seven all of last year. Draft eligible in 2014.
        Played for Canada West in World Junior A Challenge and last year for Canada Pacific in the World U17 Challenge, in which most players were from the WHL.
        The Terrier Hockey Fan Blog

Comment

all these recruits coming in -- some dudes are going to be risking cuts or cuts if they stay. and some will probably be cut.

Robbie Baillargeon-F______Fr - SAFE
          J.D. Carrabino-D_______So - not seen, no idea
          Brendan Collier-F_____Fr - errrr...
          Kevin Duane-F_______Fr - ummmm....
          Matt Grzelcyk-D______So - SAFE
          Cason Hohmann-F______Jr - SAFE
          Tommy Kelley-F______Fr - maybe safe
          Matt Lane-F______So - SAFE
          Dillon Lawrence-F______Fr - perhaps safe
          Dalton MacAfee-D______Fr - in between, but leaning towards safe
          Sean Maguire-G______So - SAFE
          Mike Moran-F_____So - safe (cause it would be nice to have upperclassmen for once)
          Matt O'Connor-G_____So - SAFE
          Danny O'Regan-F_____So - SAFE
          Ahti Oksanen-D_____So - SAFE
          Nick Roberto-F_____Fr - SAFE
          Evan Rodrigues-F_____Jr - safe (potential actucal seniors... A SENIOR!!)
          T.J. Ryan-D_____Fr - safe as he is versitile and played up and back so far
          Doyle Somerby-D____Fr - probably safe.
          Shane Starrett-G
          J.J. Piccinich-RW
          Jack Eichel-RW
          John MacLeod-RD
          Chase Phelps-LW
          A.J. Greer-LW
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Moore why do you assume cuts? That's 25 guys you listed = only 4 not dressed for any given game.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
              all these recruits coming in -- some dudes are going to be risking cuts or cuts if they stay. and some will probably be cut.

Robbie Baillargeon-F______Fr - SAFE
              J.D. Carrabino-D_______So - not seen, no idea
              Brendan Collier-F_____Fr - errrr...
              Kevin Duane-F_______Fr - ummmm....
              Matt Grzelcyk-D______So - SAFE
              Cason Hohmann-F______Jr - SAFE
              Tommy Kelley-F______Fr - maybe safe
              Matt Lane-F______So - SAFE
              Dillon Lawrence-F______Fr - perhaps safe
              Dalton MacAfee-D______Fr - in between, but leaning towards safe
              Sean Maguire-G______So - SAFE
              Mike Moran-F_____So - safe (cause it would be nice to have upperclassmen for once)
              Matt O'Connor-G_____So - SAFE
              Danny O'Regan-F_____So - SAFE
              Ahti Oksanen-D_____So - SAFE
              Nick Roberto-F_____Fr - SAFE
              Evan Rodrigues-F_____Jr - safe (potential actucal seniors... A SENIOR!!)
              T.J. Ryan-D_____Fr - safe as he is versitile and played up and back so far
              Doyle Somerby-D____Fr - probably safe.
              Shane Starrett-G
              J.J. Piccinich-RW
              Jack Eichel-RW
              John MacLeod-RD
              Chase Phelps-LW
              A.J. Greer-LW
              There might be underclassmen on the current roster that may not be on the roster next year, but having a better combo of talent and depth creates competition for playing time and reinforcements in case of injuries. It's been difficult to see "fringe" players pressed into regular duty b/c of no depth and no alternatives.

Comment

Dillon Lawrence, Tommy Kelley, TJ Ryan, etc. are good 3rd-4th liners - they are playing a role above what they should be playing. If they get pushed down to their appropriate roles all will be better.
                https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Let's just make some arrangement where half of them arrive in January when the other half leave?

Comment

• Originally posted by ericredaxe View Post
                    Moore why do you assume cuts? That's 25 guys you listed = only 4 not dressed for any given game.
                    Greeley and Dairy Queen better NOT be don't recruiting bodies for next fall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      Greeley and Dairy Queen
                      I like this.

BU
                      So bad it's RiDQlous

Comment

Matt Grzelcyk is out for the rest of the season due to shoulder injury according to the Boston Hockey Blog twitter. Good Lord.

Comment

at this point wouldn't you just prefer him rest up for next year?

Comment

I'm in this boat too. This season is a wash out. How long has he had this injury? Could explain some of the problems he's been having on the ice.
                            Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              at this point wouldn't you just prefer him rest up for next year?
                              Originally posted by Rover View Post
                              I'm in this boat too. This season is a wash out. How long has he had this injury? Could explain some of the problems he's been having on the ice.
                              He injured it last Thursday in practice. I'm not sure what problems you are referring to? He has been arguably their best player as of late.

I know a separated shoulder is nothing to scoff at though there are varying levels of severity to that injury. We had heard nothing to the effect that it was going to be a long-term injury. That was the surprise in my mind. I agree that he was going to need to be very healthy to justify him playing.

Comment

16 skaters available this Friday against BC. Yikes.

Keep calm and Baillargeon.....

Comment

Working...
                                X