Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The 2014 Pairwise, Bracketology and History Thread`

Originally posted by unh1982 View Post
    oh , so I was working it correctly , see you in Prov probably going to one of the games , work 4 min away from Schneider.... wait sometimes the all the teams will work ??
    Things are messed up. When I did the simulation earlier a UNH sweep lifted the Wildcats to #18, now a sweep leaves them at #20 (Northeastern drops to 19).

Looks like we have to wait until CHN fixes whatever is wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
      Things are messed up. When I did the simulation earlier a UNH sweep lifted the Wildcats to #18, now a sweep leaves them at #20 (Northeastern drops to 19).

priceless did you inform them of their malfunction.

Comment

priceless did you inform them of their malfunction.
        I did. No word back from them yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post

I haven't played with any of the tools, numbers, etc. But I have wondered why my fellow 'Cat fans think sweeping NU will move them much. Certainly it will switch the NU comparison from "them" to "us." But a sweep has absolutely no effect on CommOpp with anybody else, and anything less hurts them in that category. And at this point, how much positive RPI bump will they get from two NU wins at home? A semi-final win might do them some good, but assuming it is followed by a finals loss, not so much. Ironically, I would think the only way they could move high enough in the PWR, is by also earning the autobid (and then not needing it ).

Sure, there were some big moves late in the season, but I attributed a big chunk of that to creating CommOpp cross links that did not exist until Team A played Team B for the first time. Plausible? Or my usual unsupported absurdity?
          Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

I heard back from Adam and the simulator should be back up and running again!

Comment

good was just getting ready to ask again.

Comment

still issues just tried .

Comment

There is no way it is fixed. Nothing changed and I had sweeps galore and some splits. I for one am goig to let it play out this weekend

Comment

oh priceless give Adam and eve a call still not performing

Comment

still issues just tried .
                      Will be interesting if these problems carry over to the YATC tool that gets released Sunday night.

You can contact Adam Wodon at adamw (at) collegehockeynews.com with what details of what you're doing so he can fix it.

Comment

Will be interesting if these problems carry over to the YATC tool that gets released Sunday night.

You can contact Adam Wodon at adamw (at) collegehockeynews.com with what details of what you're doing so he can fix it.
                        reached out to Adam , simulator working only if you hit on your specific team , when you run the modifier.

Comment

I would think northeastern would be in with a sweep , furthermore a UNH sweep and semi final win , they should be in .
                          The sweep would temporarily move NU up, all other things being equal, but the RPI would still be iffy enough that I wouldn't trust them to stick with a semifinal loss. Going 3 - 1 ought to be good enough, I'd expect to be sweating any other result.
                          Northeastern Huskies Class of 1998 / BS Chemical Engineering
                          Notre Dame Fighting Irish Class of 2011 / PhD Chemical Engineering

But then again, isn't holding forth on an extreme opinion from a position of complete ignorance what these boards are all about? -- from a BigSoccer post by kerrunch

Britney can't sing. At all. She sounds like a cross between a crackhead chipmunk that had more than a couple beers and a drowning cat. -- DHG on the MTV VMAs

Comment

Unless Yale ends up as a hosting 4 seed, Union will be #1 in Bridgeport. Boston College will be #1 in Worcester. Minnesota will be #1 in St Paul. One of the seven teams listed above will be the top seed in Cincinnati.
                            Now if Yale does get in as a 4 seed what do you think the committee will do? A)Switch Union and BC B)Send Union to Cincy, Leave BC in Worcester C) Send Union to Worcester and BC to Cincy. Don't laugh on B or C until you've read the reasoning. If BC somehow overtakes Minnesota as the overall #1 seed they most likely want BC to face the lowest seed either the AHA champion or a surprise autobid from another conference. So the likely scenario of switching Union and BC would not happen. Also it is quite possible that 2 of the #4 seeds may come from Hockey East and placing one of those in Worcester is a likely outcome too for attendance.

Comment

Originally posted by BC/HE View Post
                              Now if Yale does get in as a 4 seed what do you think the committee will do? A)Switch Union and BC B)Send Union to Cincy, Leave BC in Worcester C) Send Union to Worcester and BC to Cincy. Don't laugh on B or C until you've read the reasoning. If BC somehow overtakes Minnesota as the overall #1 seed they most likely want BC to face the lowest seed either the AHA champion or a surprise autobid from another conference. So the likely scenario of switching Union and BC would not happen. Also it is quite possible that 2 of the #4 seeds may come from Hockey East and placing one of those in Worcester is a likely outcome too for attendance.
                              In that scenario, I think it will matter where Notre Dame and/or Michigan fall. The NCAA likes the serpentine bracket, so they will want to put them in Cincinnati and stick as closely as possible to a 4-5-12-13 or 3-6-11-14 bracket as possible. Not exactly fair if Union has to go west but attendance trumps fairness.

Comment

In that scenario, I think it will matter where Notre Dame and/or Michigan fall. The NCAA likes the serpentine bracket, so they will want to put them in Cincinnati and stick as closely as possible to a 4-5-12-13 or 3-6-11-14 bracket as possible. Not exactly fair if Union has to go west but attendance trumps fairness.
                                Priceless for chits and giggles, if Yale swept the ecac's with no losses, would they still be a four?
                                YALE HOCKEY
                                2013 National Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X