Diet and Exercise 2014: I Want It Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Diet and Exercise 2014: I Want It Now

A $26 Beltre Burger (1-pound beef patty, several slices of bacon, shredded cheese, spicy mayo, grilled onions on a heavy pretzel bun served with a healthy side of potato chips. 2,800 calories, 185 g of fat.). The next half-inning the burger and chips were gone, and so were most of her man's nachos that she was reaching for, and not just a chips-and-cheese nacho order. I mean a big order with all the fixings. I figure in an inning and half, she put down roughly 5,000 calories. That's got to be one hell of a time/calorie ratio.
    FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

I assume she was fairly large?
      Code:
      As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
      College Hockey 6       College Football 0
      BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
      Originally posted by SanTropez
      May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
      Originally posted by bigblue_dl
      I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
      Originally posted by Kepler
      When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
      He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

She's not little. At least not anymore...

It was impressive to watch her eat that amount of food in that amount of time.
        FERRIS STATE UNIVERSITY: 2012 FROZEN FOUR

God, that was fun...

Comment

Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          You all don't want to see what this woman at the Tigers-Rangers game has consumed in the last 1.5 innings.
          Originally posted by Hammer View Post
          A $26 Beltre Burger (1-pound beef patty, several slices of bacon, shredded cheese, spicy mayo, grilled onions on a heavy pretzel bun served with a healthy side of potato chips. 2,800 calories, 185 g of fat.). The next half-inning the burger and chips were gone, and so were most of her man's nachos that she was reaching for, and not just a chips-and-cheese nacho order. I mean a big order with all the fixings. I figure in an inning and half, she put down roughly 5,000 calories. That's got to be one hell of a time/calorie ratio.
          I have an appetite, and I don't even think I can put that away. Even after a marathon, the answer is no. Maybe after a 50 miler, I could...
          Facebook: bcowles920 Instagram: missthundercat01
          "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates
          Patreon for exclusive writing content
          Adventures With Amber Marie

Comment

Ran a half-marathon today, posting a time of 2:47:xx. It was a hot day, and I think I overtrained leading up to it.

To make matters worse, when I finished, there were no refreshments to be had. I was expecting at least a banana or some fruit, but they ran out of food.
            "One word frees us from the weight and pain of this life. That word is love."- Socrates

Comment

Originally posted by MountieBoyOz View Post
              My wife is down to 241. She was 280 at the start of the year, but has lost 22 since April. Wow.
              good for her! weigh loss is harder for women, I think. less muscle mass, tendency to sweets, breads. etc. you go girl.

what bugs me about some vegans and some vegetarians is the moral high road they take. not all but some. like their eating habits somehow make them better than the rest of us.
              I must admit, though, vegetarianism did wonders for my cholesterol. not so good for my other blood work.

having lost 60 pounds over the last year and a half, this is my diet secret. a small dose of Wellbutrin/Zyban to control cravings. every time I eat something I ask myself, which is the healthier choice. cream soup or salad, fish or steak, etc. and sometimes I also say to heck with it and have a steak and ice cream. I also kept a food dairy for awhile. amazing how accountable it made me.

now I'm struggling to maintain and stop losing. (ya ya, I know) but losing too much can be as bad as gaining too much.
              Originally posted by mtu_huskies
              "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
              Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
              Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyfan View Post
                good for her! weigh loss is harder for women, I think. less muscle mass, tendency to sweets, breads. etc. you go girl.

what bugs me about some vegans and some vegetarians is the moral high road they take. not all but some. like their eating habits somehow make them better than the rest of us.
                I must admit, though, vegetarianism did wonders for my cholesterol. not so good for my other blood work.

having lost 60 pounds over the last year and a half, this is my diet secret. a small dose of Wellbutrin/Zyban to control cravings. every time I eat something I ask myself, which is the healthier choice. cream soup or salad, fish or steak, etc. and sometimes I also say to heck with it and have a steak and ice cream. I also kept a food dairy for awhile. amazing how accountable it made me.

now I'm struggling to maintain and stop losing. (ya ya, I know) but losing too much can be as bad as gaining too much.
                Thanks for the kind words. The ultimate goal is for her to get pregnant and losing weight helps get to that goal. She's under a treatment plan for her PCOS that will kill off the endometriosis or at least beat it back for a while. Once the treatment cycle ends, we can try again. The doctor told her to limit carbs as much as possible because carbs make everything worse. She's off for the summer because she teaches, so she's hitting it really hard. She does want to get to a goal weight of 180. (She's 5'9" and has a larger frame for a woman as she was a weight thrower in high school.) She does crave chocolate, but she and I have been smart about our food choices. I'm down to 245 as well, which is my lowest weight in years.
                Twitter: DanMountSports
                2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

Measurement check:

37" waist
                  43.5" hips
                  38.5" chest
                  15" neck

Still pushing towards a 36" waist and 41" hips by the end of the year.

As for my weight, I'd like to fall somewhere between 190-210, with 180 the lowest I'm willing to go. Reason I say this is because if I don't stop weight loss where I want to, I fear I'll end up right back into disordered eating.

Comment

Today's race went a lot better. It was a 4 mile trail/road race, so it was a challenge. Started out well, moving through the trail and working my way out to the road. Got to the road, so I picked up my pace and tried to make time, sitting at roughly 21 minutes. After I passed the 2 mile mark, the stairs came into play. And oh dear, the stairs were hard; slowed me down considerably. So I climbed the stairs, singing the Led Zeppelin hit the entire time, and finally made my way back to the trail.

Passed the 3 mile mark, and tried to pick up the pace. I was doing well, until I tripped over a branch. Thankfully, it was a soft landing, and it didn't hurt. Stood back up, and started running again. Finally saw the finish, and surged across the line in 47:55. It's not as fast as I wanted, but as I said, the stairs factored into the outcome. I missed out on a medal by 2 minutes.

So next year, I plan on going back and trying again, this time aiming for a medal.

Comment

Thanks for the kind words. The ultimate goal is for her to get pregnant and losing weight helps get to that goal. She's under a treatment plan for her PCOS that will kill off the endometriosis or at least beat it back for a while. Once the treatment cycle ends, we can try again. The doctor told her to limit carbs as much as possible because carbs make everything worse. She's off for the summer because she teaches, so she's hitting it really hard. She does want to get to a goal weight of 180. (She's 5'9" and has a larger frame for a woman as she was a weight thrower in high school.) She does crave chocolate, but she and I have been smart about our food choices. I'm down to 245 as well, which is my lowest weight in years.
                      good for both of you! no matter how you do it (or cheat a little like I did with the Wellbutrin) its still always a struggle!
                      Originally posted by mtu_huskies
                      "We are not too far away from a national championship," said (John) Scott.
                      Boosh Factor 4

Originally posted by Brent Hoven
                      Yeah, but you're my favorite hag.

Comment

Ordered the Insanity base kit off Amazon last night. Anyone who's done the initial 60-day plan want to tell me what am I getting myself into?

Comment

I was at a store and my wife was looking at some shirts for my birthday. I saw a large that looked good, but I was nervous to try it on until she told me to. I tried on the shirt, and it fit... comfortably. I started out at the beginning of the year in a 3XL and I'm now in a large. I can't believe it.
                          Twitter: DanMountSports
                          2013-14 DIII T.O.P. NIT Champion

2010-2011 Interlock LPS Co-Champion

Well, I'm going to do a farewell tour of upstate New York, hellholes like Plattsburgh. Fred Armisen as Gov. Paterson

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." - The Doctor (Tom Baker)

Team I Like NFL: BUF NBA: NYK MLB: SEA NHL: NYR College Hockey: Clarkson (DI) Oswego (D3) Soccer: USA, Man United, Rangers (newco and all), Scotland NCAAF & B: SU

Comment

I was at a store and my wife was looking at some shirts for my birthday. I saw a large that looked good, but I was nervous to try it on until she told me to. I tried on the shirt, and it fit... comfortably. I started out at the beginning of the year in a 3XL and I'm now in a large. I can't believe it.
                            w00t!!

Comment

Comment

Here's how it went today. For the Coast Guard 5K, I ran it in 29:45, a 9:36/mile. Granted, the hills at about the 1.5 mile mark slowed me down somewhat, but once you got downhill, it was flat for the last mile, until I got to the Y driveway, which runs uphill. Once I got into the driveway, I looked down at my watch and realized I had a chance to break 30 minutes, so I hustled across the finish line with 15 seconds to spare.

As for the 10K, according to my Garmin, I ran it in 59:39, a 9:37/mile. I thought after running the 5K, I'd slow down somewhat, but instead, I started strong and got stronger. At about mile 2, I started passing runners, gobbling them up like they were Runner McNuggets. I had to stop to re-tie my shoe, but other than that, there was no stopping. The 10K route merged with the 5K route with the hills, but once again, no stopping. When I got to the Y driveway, my watch read 58:50, so I ran as fast as I could up the hill, crossing the finish line and accomplishing my goal of a sub-1 hour 10K.

And I FEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL nice, like sugar and spice....

Comment

Working...
                                X