Diet and Exercise 2014: I Want It Now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Diet and Exercise 2014: I Want It Now

I'm hoping to start back up again on Monday.

I got injured pretty bad in a soccer game and my hand was completely blown up. I can't put a lot of weight on it laterally across the wrist (and perpendicular to the arm) but I'm 100% when parallel to the arm.

Even cardio discs in the p90x series were difficult due to the bouncing of the hand even heavily braced.

I feel like I'm starting all over but I've at least kept off 10 I had lost so far.
    Code:
    As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
    College Hockey 6       College Football 0
    BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
    Originally posted by SanTropez
    May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
    Originally posted by bigblue_dl
    I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
    Originally posted by Kepler
    When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
    He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Took up running for the first time in my life around the 4th...

Have to say that I like it quite a bit more than I would have ever guessed. For one thing, it actually makes a difference in my weight and we have a prairie/nature area adjacent to my hood and I can run out in the country - hills and **** - which is nice.

Do 3-5 miles about three times a week which supplements my 2 times a week hockey and (now) sporadic biking. I've seen 182.5 but am sitting around 185. Gotta get that baseline to 180 and will probably be satisfied.

Down from 207 about 6 months ago. **** off fat - I win.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Down from 207 about 6 months ago. **** off fat - I win.
        If you're s****ing off the fat, is that like a laxative thing?

I'm down 84lbs since February 18, having seen my rate of loss go a bit flat on the line graph these past few weeks. I weighed in at 274 on Saturday.

For my lunch breaks, I'm mostly going for walks downtown. From my office building, I walk north to cross the river, either the Hennepin or 3rd Ave bridge, walk the path along the river to the other bridge, and then back to my office. It's a 2.43 mile route, and I'm doing it in 40-45 minutes. The route is great for downtown because once I get to the bridge, I don't have to wait for a light until I'm at the end of the other bridge. I would love to see what my route time would be if I were walking that same route without the traffic; I figure that I lose about three minutes waiting at intersections.
        "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

suns out, guns out.
          (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

Originally posted by RStarr View Post
            suns out, guns out.
            lolwut?
            Code:
            May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
            He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

• been on that soylent..
              (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

fish oil free blend. cause I know thats how Shirtless likes it.. vegan, *****es.
                (where the heart beats)

bleep.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                  lolwut?
                  You should know better than to ask that of her. She's only ever on here when she's clearly stoned off her a**.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Parents of autistic kids are almost certainly the last people I would go to for information on what causes autism. Too much emotion involved and a lot of really bad information coming from that community over the years. I'm just skeptical. They may understand it much, much better than any other person, but I think I struggle with their understanding compared to the medical community.

Regarding your other point, I think the fact that I am a chem e and chem double major makes me less susceptible to the hysteria around most of these things. Because we tend not to get riled up when we see a "chemical" that is supposedly going to kill you but when you read the science behind it, it only happens in a lab setting with mice being giving tens of thousands of times the doses the average human would consume in a year.
                    Maybe science is catching up to the parents observations
                    http://www.scientificamerican.com/ar...ole-in-autism/
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Could be. But I'd reread the last few sentences before the pay wall kicks in.
                      Code:

Comment

fascinating article. Having dealt with a number of autistic/on the spectrum kids I had a question that they didn't directly mention. Many of these kids have significant sensory issues that make feeding them a normal diet very difficult. They will refuse certain foods or if forced will even gag or vomit. If they are born with a predisposition for a messed up gut then does the microbiome cause sx to perpetuate the dysbiosis? As I said, truly fascinating!

Comment

Could be. But I'd reread the last few sentences before the pay wall kicks in.
                          Very little is known about the function of bacteria in our bodies. They out number our bodies cells something like 100 to 1. As someone who has used diet(to change my microbiome) to battle an autoimmune disorder I'm convinced they are heading in the right direction looking at the function of bacteria in our guts. But its just observation at this point, hopefully it will be more than that in the future.

Comment

You mean 10-1?
                            Code:

Comment

You mean 10-1?
                              Yes, my mistake, its 10 to 1

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                                Very little is known about the function of bacteria in our bodies. They out number our bodies cells something like 100 to 1. As someone who has used diet(to change my microbiome) to battle an autoimmune disorder I'm convinced they are heading in the right direction looking at the function of bacteria in our guts. But its just observation at this point, hopefully it will be more than that in the future.
                                I have a friend who specializes in 'GI health'. She used to be my student and has far outstripped me in knowledge. She treats this stuff for a living. I send people to her all the time. SOme patients it dramatically changes their life. Others- nothing happens, even when when they are fanatically faithful to dietary changes and supplements. Even tho she is doing this for yrs she can't explain why sometimes it works and other times it doesn't

Comment

Working...
                                X