Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Champs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Cham

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
    Now is the time to start the road to the frozen four by playing great team defensive and goaltending.
    we are about a month away from that per Jerry's usual schedule but i hope you're right

Comment

Re: BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Cham

A real home game and a biggie on Friday. I'm looking for a packed house with lots of our Friar brethren to be there . I think it may be a little different than the past game PC played here at least we'll have a full roster this time

Comment

Agreed, really looking to a nice weekend of hockey. Been too long since we've been at Conte.

Gerat opportunity to create some separation at the top. Also crazy enough in a week or two some teams might be already eliminated from the HE RS title with 6+ weeks to play

Also JFC what the hell did Doherty do to not earn PT? This is absurd.

Comment

as the WJC comes to a close, thought about something for next year. even though hanifin won't be at BC, given what you read about him and the enormous talent, is there a possibility he makes the team next year a la Eichel?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            as the WJC comes to a close, thought about something for next year. even though hanifin won't be at BC, given what you read about him and the enormous talent, is there a possibility he makes the team next year a la Eichel?
            i'm still not convinced the plan isn't to have hanifin on campus next fall.

Comment

Hanafin is only 3 months younger than Eichel so come next WJC he will be 9 months older than Eichel was this time around so I'd say there is at least a shot. Obviously it's harder to make it at D than F on a purely numbers standpoint (13F, 7D) but Eichel was clearly in the top 6 F.

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                A real home game and a biggie on Friday. I'm looking for a packed house with lots of our Friar brethren to be there . I think it may be a little different than the past game PC played here at least we'll have a full roster this time
                Yeah, completely agree. Also, two interesting accomplishments can be achieved this weekend-- Kevin Hayes reaching 100 career points (he's at 97 right now) and the BC seniors reaching 100 career wins (98 and counting).

Comment

jeff jackson on outdoor games:

"There is way too much of this stuff going on right now"

"The game they play on the ponds is called shinny," Jackson said. "We play modern hockey indoors."

coach jackson, i agree. if more coaches speak up like him, maybe these will go away. or maybe now that every team in hockey east got a "trophy" and played at fenway, these will finally die. but wait, what about uconn now joining hockey east. have to get them a game at fenway!!!

Comment

jeff jackson on outdoor games:

"There is way too much of this stuff going on right now"

"The game they play on the ponds is called shinny," Jackson said. "We play modern hockey indoors."

coach jackson, i agree. if more coaches speak up like him, maybe these will go away. or maybe now that every team in hockey east got a "trophy" and played at fenway, these will finally die. but wait, what about uconn now joining hockey east. have to get them a game at fenway!!!
                    I wouldn't be surprised if we're done with this experiment now that everyone has done it. I think Uconn is indeed going to get left out of this now. And it's going to be hilarious when they get all paranoid and blame Gene D and Fr. Leahy for it. Kinda like those ND fans that think the HE refs are out to get them. But all those national titles Bob Diaco is going to win them will probably help them forget about it.
                    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                      I wouldn't be surprised if we're done with this experiment now that everyone has done it. I think Uconn is indeed going to get left out of this now. And it's going to be hilarious when they get all paranoid and blame Gene D and Fr. Leahy for it. Kinda like those ND fans that think the HE refs are out to get them. But all those national titles Bob Diaco is going to win them will probably help them forget about it.
                      Before or after they're invited to the Big 10?

Comment

I watched him this weekend at the U17 challenge and he could've been easily on the wjc team this year along with Eichel. Expect him to play with the U18's for the rest of the year. He looked almost bored at that level. I'd be shocked if he wasn't on next years WJC team. I'm actually concerned if Andrew Weiss is correct in shooting down the rumors of him coming next year. Think he may outgrow the ntdp quickly and look up north to boost his draft stock. Incredibly gifted player.

Comment

haven't we given up the home game in every Frozen Fenway? what's up with that?

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                            haven't we given up the home game in every Frozen Fenway? what's up with that?
                            Jerry just wants to pizz you off! It worked.
                            'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                              The mopes over at Ndnation are starting to think joining our league was a bad idea and that they will get shafted by the officials every night as the outsiders.
                              Was just looking at the box score from Saturday night. The 2 referees were Ryan Hersey and Geoffrey Miller. Not regular Hockey East refs, or are they newbies? Here's the list of HE officials from Hockey East Online... they're not on it.
                              Hockey East Officials
                              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

why the hell is the florida state police advertising on bc ticket website looking for trooper applicants!?!??! mookie can't make this stuff up
                                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Working...
                                X