Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Champs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Cham

Originally posted by GreenLantern View Post
    Hey BC pros, the Flames fans are trying to figure something out. Is it true that JG sees very limited PP time? Basically only plays PP when the team is down or it is a tight game?
    Uhhhhhhhhhh. Not even close. He's the best and most gifted offensive player in the country, why would they not want to play him a ton on the PP? The only time that might be an issue is if his line has an extended shift and draws a penalty then the #2 unit has to go out for the first half of the PP. Naturally, if the 2nd unit scores quickly, like say Monday night when Fitzgerald scored 14 seconds into the PP, then yea, JG didn't get any PP time on that whole 14 seconds.
    Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Re: BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Cham

I definitely thought it was crazy and I am not sure where that rumour originated from but I wanted to ask some people who see BC play on a regular basis.

I imagine that the top line sees reduced ice time once the team is up by 10 goals? Maybe that is where it started.. someone looked at one games stats where BC was up 8-0 saw that JG only had 1 minute of PP time and freaked out.

Comment

I definitely thought it was crazy and I am not sure where that rumour originated from but I wanted to ask some people who see BC play on a regular basis.

I imagine that the top line sees reduced ice time once the team is up by 10 goals? Maybe that is where it started.. someone looked at one games stats where BC was up 8-0 saw that JG only had 1 minute of PP time and freaked out.
        Probably the gathering of mensa members at HF boards

And yes if BC is up 5-0 in the 3rd, Jerry isn't trotting out his first unit, just like any other sane coach.

Comment

• Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
          Probably the gathering of mensa members at HF boards

And yes if BC is up 5-0 in the 3rd, Jerry isn't trotting out his first unit, just like any other sane coach.
          "How to lose friends and keep enemies"
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            I've seen some mind-boggling stats and numbers but ... Merrimack hasn't won at Conte since Halloween 1997. That might be the most ridiculous thing ever.
            That's insane. The next time someone uses the old cliche "it's Hockey East, anyone can beat anyone on any given night" I'll have that stat in my back pocket.
            2016 and 2019 HOCKEY EAST CHAMPIONS
            2018, 2019 and 2020 BEANPOT CHAMPIONS

MATTHEWS ARENA 1910-Present: THE CATHEDRAL OF COLLEGE HOCKEY

Comment

McCoshen questionable for Monday. I am taking that as good news. Should be back sometime soon.

Thought there might be a chance for Billett tonight, but it's Demko again.

Comment

Originally posted by Thiessen'sBetter View Post
                That's insane. The next time someone uses the old cliche "it's Hockey East, anyone can beat anyone on any given night" I'll have that stat in my back pocket.
                You can also refer to it as the time half of Merrimack's team received their first social security check.

Comment

AHeM!!!

Terry posted this in out side of the streets thread--

""The Boston Hockey Blog reports that Coach David Quinn received a call from the Hockey East Coordinator of officials regarding the questionable hitting from behind major penalty to Doyle Somerby in Monday’s Beanpot game. The official acknowledged that it was “a bad call” and should have been diving the other way."

Interesting. I didn't know they actually acknowledged bad calls with phone calls to coaches. I'm also confused about this diving thing. I thought that only applied to BU players. I don't even know how BC players would have learned how to do that."

Hopefully things are getting back to normal
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

So no official word from the league, just Quinn relaying what he was told on the phone? Ya, no bias there!!! I'm sure he reported what he was told word for word, right mook?

As for diving, BC has seen BU flop all over the ice for the past five years or so...hard to ignore!!!

Comment

I think all coaches should routinely reveal what they are told in these phone conversations...I'm sure the league would be thrilled about that

Comment

Hey BC pros, the Flames fans are trying to figure something out. Is it true that JG sees very limited PP time? Basically only plays PP when the team is down or it is a tight game?
                        Someone has that confused with PK time. JG isn't a regular on the penalty kill, especially early in games. But if we're in a close game he'll be out there paired with Arnold to try and spring him on a breakaway.

Like others have said, he's always out there with the first unit PP.
                        'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

The latest arriving crowd on record

Comment

Arnold from Hayes and Johnny hockey. Ridiculous

Comment

2-0 . Mismatch so far. Hayes going down to block a shot. If that's an example of " I'm in" good things are gonna happen . Very impressive by KH

Comment

matheson with a nice play setting goal #1 in motion. good patience waiting for gaudreau to find some space.

25th anniversary night of conte forum. lombardi and a. orpik on hand. refs wearing pink...i assume for breast cancer.

Comment

Working...
                                X