Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Champs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Cham

Originally posted by Brian Gentry View Post
    Where do you guys place Johnny Gaudreau as a forward in the Jerry York era? I see it as:

1. Gionta
    2. Gaudreau
    3. Gerbe

I feel Gaudreau has definitely passed Gerbe and is knocking on Gionta's door. I know Gionta is kind of the symbol of the reemergence of BC, but I feel that Gaudreau is more of a difference maker in the line-up. No one has come close to 2 PPG in the last decade and I would think a Hobey Baker award would put Gaudreau over the top as #1.
    Good question! For 5 1/2 footers, all three are very tough to separate from the puck.
    Gionta because he's strong like bull; Gerbe because he's so dang fast (and if you did take his puck, he'd break your wrist ); and Johnny Hockey is just so shifty and creative, the game is played at the speed he desires when he's on the ice.

Scoring... they are all very good at that, so that won't way too heavily in my thought process. I need time to think about this. Back at you in the near future.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Re: BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Cham

No love for Emma?
      Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
        No love for Emma?
        He didn't play under York you dope.
        Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
        The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          Hmmmm
          That didn't stop him from getting an assist on gudroe's eng
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
            ©
            Originally posted by mookie1995
            bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
            Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
            Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Where do you guys place Johnny Gaudreau as a forward in the Jerry York era? I see it as:

1. Gionta
              2. Gaudreau
              3. Gerbe

I feel Gaudreau has definitely passed Gerbe and is knocking on Gionta's door. I know Gionta is kind of the symbol of the reemergence of BC, but I feel that Gaudreau is more of a difference maker in the line-up. No one has come close to 2 PPG in the last decade and I would think a Hobey Baker award would put Gaudreau over the top as #1.
              I tend to go with Gerbe because of the way he elevated his game in crunch time. He WILLED the 2008 team to the National Title and would not be denied. His performance in the Frozen Four was 100% undiluted dominance. That goes a long way with me.
              The ORIGINAL Cross Check

Frozen Four appearances since 98'
              BC - 12
              BU - 2

BC Hockey 1949, 2001, 2008, 2010, 2012 National Champions

Comment

1. Gionta
                2. Gaudreau
                3. Gerbe

It's like picking a favorite child.
                bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.

Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Originally posted by Cross Check View Post
                  I tend to go with Gerbe because of the way he elevated his game in crunch time. He WILLED the 2008 team to the National Title and would not be denied. His performance in the Frozen Four was 100% undiluted dominance. That goes a long way with me.
                  Good points.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

One thing Gaudreau has over Gionta is that college hockey is (seems?) a much different game now than it was even back then. It's a lot more defensive minded, a lot more "structure" in the game. I've always thought Gionta was still #1, but Gaudreau has me rethinking that. If he wins the Hobey and/or is part of another national championship team, I'd have to say case closed in Gaudreau's favor.

Comment

Any rumblings on the undisclosed injury to McCoshen? Weird in that York typically releases injury reports that even give time expected to miss.

Comment

Hi guys, not to hijack your thread or anything but I had some questions I was hoping you could help me out with.

First off, big Flames fan, a lot of us have been following Gaudreau and Arnold very closely, especially this year as our on ice product isn't the greatest. We are incredibly excited about both players and really looking forward to seeing them in the system for years to come.

I am trying to figure out when BC will clinch home ice for the QF's. I haven't followed hockey east that close in the past, so the format is a bit confusing for me. Essentially the top 8 teams make the playoffs, the top 4 get home ice advantage to be played at that colleges rink. So what is this opening round for? Is there a sort of wild card for some of the last spots or..?

Also if I am running the numbers correctly, assuming that every team below BC is to win the remainder of their games, and that BC has 7 games remaining, BC needs to win 4 more games to clinch home ice advantage?

I am asking this because a group of us are coming to Boston for my stag on March 14th-18th, and I would absolutely love to get in for a QF's game while I am in town. I got my Eagles jersey being pressed with Gaudreau's name/number as we speak. And it is my understanding that tickets go on sale as soon as home ice has been clinched. This is correct?

I appreciate any info and again sorry to hijack the thread.

Go Eagles!

Comment

• Originally posted by GreenLantern View Post
                          Hi guys, not to hijack your thread or anything but I had some questions I was hoping you could help me out with.

First off, big Flames fan, a lot of us have been following Gaudreau and Arnold very closely, especially this year as our on ice product isn't the greatest. We are incredibly excited about both players and really looking forward to seeing them in the system for years to come.

I am trying to figure out when BC will clinch home ice for the QF's. I haven't followed hockey east that close in the past, so the format is a bit confusing for me. Essentially the top 8 teams make the playoffs, the top 4 get home ice advantage to be played at that colleges rink. So what is this opening round for? Is there a sort of wild card for some of the last spots or..?

Also if I am running the numbers correctly, assuming that every team below BC is to win the remainder of their games, and that BC has 7 games remaining, BC needs to win 4 more games to clinch home ice advantage?

I am asking this because a group of us are coming to Boston for my stag on March 14th-18th, and I would absolutely love to get in for a QF's game while I am in town. I got my Eagles jersey being pressed with Gaudreau's name/number as we speak. And it is my understanding that tickets go on sale as soon as home ice has been clinched. This is correct?

Go Eagles!
                          You won't have trouble getting tickets. These games are rarely well attended. If you call the ticket office you should be able to get tix. Good luck.

Comment

Someone will probably beat me to this while I'm typing, but here you go --
                            Originally posted by GreenLantern View Post
                            Not hijacking at all -- welcome to the forum.

We're hoping you have to wait one more year for Gaudreau though! haha

They changed the structure this year -- all 11 teams make it now (lame). Also, each team only plays 20 conference games (2 vs. each opponent).

In that first round, 6 plays 11, 7 plays 10, and 8 plays 9 to advance to the quarterfinals. The top 5 get a bye.

Then in the quarterfinals, the top 4 teams have home ice. #4 plays #5, and #1-3 play the lowest remaining seeds (the tournament re-seeds after each round).

So, to clinch:

Assuming all teams max out their remaining points, you have:

Lowell: 31 pts max (need to pass to clinch 1st)
                            Maine: 30 pts max (to clinch 2nd)
                            Northeastern 29 pts max (to clinch 3rd)
                            UNH: 28 pts max (to clinch 4th)
                            PC: 27 pts max (to clinch 5th)

BC has 25 points and has 6 games remaining. They hold the tiebreaker on UNH, so all they need to do is tie them in points -- so they need 3 points, or 1 conference win plus a tie to clinch a top 4 spot.

Excellent! Yeah like the poster above me said, you will have no difficulty in getting tickets. Quarterfinals games are usually only half full-ish. I *think* they sell them once we clinch home ice -- but you won't have to worry about it.

Happy to help
                            Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 02-05-2014, 10:41 AM.
                            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by GreenLantern View Post

Go Eagles!
                              This year is a little weird with the new format of the playoffs. Basically top 5 get a bye for the first round (which is single elimination). The bottom 6 play their 3 series and the next weekend those 3 winners join the other 5 teams in the QF round for a best of 3. Tickets shouldn't be a problem at all IMO.

Given BC's lead, they will not have a problem getting home ice even though they are not clinched mathematically. That COULD be a mathematical certainty after this weekend though or maybe the next weekend at the latest. Expect BC to eliminate at least 2 more teams (UVM and PC... 4 others are done already). That would leave one last team to take out to clinch home ice. Basically they are going to have home ice and very likely win the RS title.
                              Originally posted by reBlur
                              the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                                Someone will probably beat me to this while I'm typing, but here you go --Not hijacking at all -- welcome to the forum.

We're hoping you have to wait one more year for Gaudreau though! haha

BC has 25 points and has 6 games remaining. They hold the tiebreaker on UNH, so all they need to do is tie them in points -- so they need 3 points, or 1 conference win plus a tie to clinch a top 4 spot.

Excellent! Yeah like the poster above me said, you will have no difficulty in getting tickets. Quarterfinals games are usually only half full-ish. I *think* they sell them once we clinch home ice -- but you won't have to worry about it.

Happy to help

Thank you both for the quick reply, lots of help. Glad to hear that tickets will not be too hard to get, but I hope there is a good turn out still as it makes the atmosphere that much better. We plan to be the loudest part of the crowd :P A group of Canadians in our natural habitat, a hockey rink.

So theoretically the Eagles could clinch as soon as next Monday? Which would also give them the beanpot title?

Just a few more questions, there are no alcoholic drinks sold within the stadium, correct? But is there still a concession for popcorn or pop or water? What is the closest and/or best pub to grab a bite to eat before the game?

We are coming straight from TD and the Bruins game that afternoon (hoping to get into the Saturday game as we arrive late Friday night and the series will be over by Sunday ), so if Google transit is correct it is about a 50 minute train ride to Conte?

Also, I understand why you want to keep Johny Hockey, but comeon', you had him for three years! Share the wealth :P

Hah, thanks again for all the help.

Comment

Working...
                                X