Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Champs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Cham

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    it's the quality of those freshmen that counts

bu gave up 14 goals to umass in two games? when did that happen?
    Don't feed the troll.
    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Re: BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Cham

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
      Don't feed the troll.
      let them eat spaghetti with clams!

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
        let them eat spaghetti with clams!
        red or white sauce?
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

white sauce.....I'm not inclined to mix red with seafood but that's just me

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
            white sauce.....I'm not inclined to mix red with seafood but that's just me
            no, agree.
            just gotta ask or else you are stuck with what they bring.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
              My exact thought when I saw Maine had backed out.
              I'll spend a week around New Years Day in Florida every year.
              Where do I order tickets?
              I actually wouldn't be a big fan of them hosting the tournement. I really like how York structures his schedule and tries to play different holiday tournements, teams in different conferences, different locations, and different styles across the country. That said maybe with BC hosting, they could get some top end Big10, NCHC, WCHA, ECAC teams in it year in and year out. But I wouldn't be a big fan of seeing them play some of the teams who've played there in years past. See below...

Year Champion 2nd 3rd 4th
              2011 Maine UMASS Cornell Clarkson
              2010 St. Cloud State Miami (OH) Maine Cornell
              2009 Maine CC Princeton Cornell
              2008 Cornell Maine Colgate Northeastern
              2007 UMASS Lowell Maine Cornell Clarkson
              2006 Maine Cornell UNH Western Michigan
              2005 Cornell Minnesota Duluth Maine Northeastern
              2004 BC St. Cloud State Cornell Maine
              2003 Cornell Ohio State Notre Dame Maine
              2002 Maine UMASS Ohio State Cornell
              2001 N. Mich Maine Ohio State Cornell
              2000 Maine Cornell Clarkson Ohio State

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post

Anyway, I think if BC doesn't do the logical thing and look to host their own holiday tournament at Conte, they should seriously consider replacing Maine as a host school for the Estero tournament. That sure beats going out to State College and playing Pedd State in their own barn.
                I am 100% on board with this.
                BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                -
                Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by joegrav View Post
                  I am 100% on board with this.
                  Ideally they make their own tourney at Conte, bring in a local ECAC team or two that can rotate and help fill Conte (students on break) since there are many local possibilities, and bring in one big gun from out West if possible. Lord knows teams would jump at the opportunity. BC players can stick around and avoid travel as well. Sell tickets for cheap to fill the remaining seats... bang. Get it done Bates.

But BC could probably have another selling point to recruits if they could slide into a host team for this tourney. Come on out, play in the Beanpot, play in Frozen Fours, develop for the NHL, get a great education, maybe play at Fenway (God no not again!), and we'll go on vacation after Christmas and play some hockey and hit the beach in Florida. I don't know if they'd be ok with the travel costs, that's the biggest thing. With more OOC games, the travel budgets could be increasing already as it is.
                  Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                  The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
                    ... maybe play at Fenway (God no not again!)
                    heard the other night that the nhl is looking at a number of outdoor games next winter and fenway is on the list. *gulp*

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      heard the other night that the nhl is looking at a number of outdoor games next winter and fenway is on the list. *gulp*
                      I had heard Gillette.
                      BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                      -
                      Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

• Originally posted by joegrav View Post
                        I had heard Gillette.
                        oh.my.god. would that suck

can't recall if it was nbc or versus. one of those two (which is probably the same when you think of it)

Comment

Today's Fun Fact: BC's last 82 games

If you stretch back to the absolute beginning of the 19-0 run to end the 2011-2012 season, BC has played 82 games, the same length of an NHL regular season. Their record in the those 82 games is 59-16-7, .762 winning percentage.
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by joegrav View Post
                            I had heard Gillette.
                            Would 60,000 actually go ? Or would Alumni make more sense ? I think the sightlines from Alumni would be better and I don't see sitting in the up levels that great because, it's really far. I have season tickets in section 306 and believe me, it is too far away to see a puck let alone a small looking football.
                            NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                              Would 60,000 actually go ? Or would Alumni make more sense ? I think the sightlines from Alumni would be better and I don't see sitting in the up levels that great because, it's really far. I have season tickets in section 306 and believe me, it is too far away to see a puck let alone a small looking football.
                              50,000+ went twice in four days in the Bronx.

Agreed though, the next outdoor game I want BC to do is at Alumni.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCeagle View Post
                                my comment started with watching the outdoor nhl games and they saying how the league was planning upwards of 10 next year and fenway was thrown out as being one of them....then given how the rink was cause some of ours to be moved there since the rinks tend to stay up for a week+

not sure if the nhl has their eyes set on the b's playing at kraftyville (all the power to them if they can bang that out) or alumni stadium.

Comment

Working...
                                X