Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Champs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Cham

^^^he knows his sh*t!......................... time for Demko to take the job I think

Comment

• Re: BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Cham

OK, so here's what we got last night from the new look Eagles...

Smith-Sit-Linell........... 1 goal, 2 assists
      JG-Arnold-Hayes......... 2 goal, 3 assists (ENG)
      Fitz-Brown-Cangelosi... 0 goal, 1 assist
      Calnan-Gilmour -Silk... 3 goal, 3 assists

I think the line that didn't light the lamp last night is going to be dynamic. To me, Fitz and Cango have looked very sluggish of late. Not last night... they were all over the ice keeping up with Cap'n Brown. Generated some great chances. This line is gonna be good IMO. Real good.
      'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Pretty meh effort from BC last night, slept walked for 30 minutes

That 4th line was impressive, probably pumped in more goals last night than our 4th line did all of last year

Appreciated Bunyon and Grav trying to keep BU in it with 5 straight power plays

BU is pretty atrocious this year

Comment

One other thing about last nights new look. The team D was absolutely atrocious.
          They gotta work on that.
          'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

best thing of all right now is that the PP is on fire and looks lethal

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              best thing of all right now is that the PP is on fire and looks lethal
              Duxbury Bantam B team would look lethal vs BU
              They can't even field a team

Comment

Hey hokey... how about you give us a list of the GOOD teams in D-1 hockey this year, so we'll know good hockey when we see it.
                Obviously, BC isn't one of those teams, so c'mon, share your expert opinion with us. Much appreciated.

Comment

• Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                  Hey hokey... how about you give us a list of the GOOD teams in D-1 hockey this year, so we'll know good hockey when we see it.
                  Obviously, BC isn't one of those teams, so c'mon, share your expert opinion with us. Much appreciated.
                  I think he already referenced Ferris State and Minnesota on another thread. Really went out on a limb there. I bet he'll add in Union for his lover boy Vecchione.

One thing I noticed last night was that BC did not look very soft. 9-11-14 was a freight train line. 27 smoked BU's biggest guy right onto his back. Santini roughed up some BU punk in the first for being a dbag and Hayes followed some BU clown all the way to the bench and grabbed him by the throat for hitting JG after the whistle. Didn't look like a soft one-line team but to be honest it's a very different team just getting Straight in the stands and putting a defenseman on defense (imagine that!). This lineup will probably be much more effective than the previous one that was sitting at 2 in the PWR before the change. Plus the PP is clicking.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post
                    I think he already referenced Ferris State and Minnesota on another thread. Really went out on a limb there. I bet he'll add in Union for his lover boy Vecchione.

One thing I noticed last night was that BC did not look very soft. 9-11-14 was a freight train line. 27 smoked BU's biggest guy right onto his back. Santini roughed up some BU punk in the first for being a dbag and Hayes followed some BU clown all the way to the bench and grabbed him by the throat for hitting JG after the whistle. Didn't look like a soft one-line team but to be honest it's a very different team just getting Straight in the stands and putting a defenseman on defense (imagine that!). This lineup will probably be much more effective than the previous one that was sitting at 2 in the PWR before the change. Plus the PP is clicking.
                    I can't figure out Hoky's agenda. There clearly is one.
                    The imagination on that guy... you can't make that chit up. It really is amusing to read though.

Comment

Originally posted by Carmine Scarpaglia View Post

Noticed the same things you did, which is why I didn't even bother responding to Hoky since he's just trying to get a rise out of us.
                      Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                      Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                      Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

did i say the PP only looked good last night? thought it was obvious i was talking bigger picture as in the last few games. it has looked much better than earlierin the year. but of course hoky has to use it to take a shot at bc.

Comment

without seeing the highlights was it silk who dove to make a play at the offensive blue line that ultimately led to gilmour's 2nd goal? great play.

Comment

Yes it was silk. He actually got a pretty bad pass in the neutral zone (from Calnan maybe) and he chipped it past a guy at the red line then made a second chip at the blue line. He has played very well lately.
                            Originally posted by reBlur
                            the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              did i say the PP only looked good last night? thought it was obvious i was talking bigger picture as in the last few games. it has looked much better than earlierin the year. but of course hoky has to use it to take a shot at bc.
                              I don't care if the refs are calling bad penalties. They have to stay disciplined and not give too many PPs. The last one cost them a goal that narrowed a safe game into a nail biting time ( There's only so many kills you can make before someone scores on the PP

Maine was tough and dominating in Orono. Let's see if they turn the tables this time at home. That drive to Maine was tough and even more coming back to Boston.

When a guy is skating in the slot, you have to take the body and cover him tight.
                              NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Men's and Women's teams both at 15-4-3

Comment

Working...
                                X