Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Champs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Cham

http://www.hobeybaker.com/awards/the...ial-award/vote

somehow ben hutton is leading over gaudreau. guess they have internet up there in maine after all.

Comment

• Re: BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Cham

Who is Ben Hutton?
      Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
      The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
        http://www.hobeybaker.com/awards/the...ial-award/vote

somehow ben hutton is leading over gaudreau. guess they have internet up there in maine after all.
        You realize the fan vote doesn't matter and Johnny Gaudreau has already sewn up the award.
        https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
        Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
          Who is Ben Hutton?
          I'm sure you're joking, but that statement is ridiculous. Maine doesn't have anywhere near as much talent as BC, but Hutton (D), Shore (F) and Ouellette (G) are towards top of league, but there is zero depth.

Comment

Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post
            You realize the fan vote doesn't matter and Johnny Gaudreau has already sewn up the award.
            Not sure how you can say he's already sewn up the award, but I assume you mean if he just keeps going at his current pace/play.

As for the fan voting, even if meaningless, still don't like the fanboy tendencies of voting for the home town player "just because".

Comment

Not sure how you can say he's already sewn up the award, but I assume you mean if he just keeps going at his current pace/play.

As for the fan voting, even if meaningless, still don't like the fanboy tendencies of voting for the home town player "just because".
              I'm sure BC has never done that…

Also, the award goes more to the media darling than the top scorer so even if Carey scores more pts, it's Gaudreau.

Comment

Also, the award goes more to the media darling than the top scorer so even if Carey scores more pts, it's Gaudreau.
                Never said "BC" hasn't done it, chief. Media darling? Sounds like Peyton Manning should win it then. Only looking at the top scorer(s)...that's also dumb. Anybody can look at the stats and vote 1-10 if that were the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by CollegeHockeyRinkReport View Post

I wouldnt be too quick to jump to give him the award. I remember all too well a Mr. Nathan Gerbe getting beaten out in 08 after watching him dominate all season.

Comment

We said the same thing last year then Pirate Jerry put Danny Linell on his line and ruined the Hobey and the season.

Anyway, I'm sure Ben Hutton is a nice player but we can all agree it's ridiculous to vote for this hometown teamer, as he's not even in the same stratosphere as Gaudreau or even Hayes (not far behind Gaudreau this year in performance IMO, he's been that good).
                    The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by sigx15 View Post
                      I remember all too well a Mr. Nathan Gerbe getting beaten out in 08 after watching him dominate all season.
                      Wasn't he also suspended by the league that season for spearing? That sort of thing doesn't sit well with voters taking into account the "character" factor.
                      Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
                        Wasn't he also suspended by the league that season for spearing? That sort of thing doesn't sit well with voters taking into account the "character" factor.
                        I think it was butt-ending. Plus he killed a few players on the BU team. On purpose. No one cared about the suspension except for Elliot Olshansky anyway. If you held Hobey voting after the Frozen Four he probably would have won it.

Comment

In other news, BCHockeyblog is reporting Noah Hanifin is in fact accelerating, and will enroll at BC next fall. Apparently took the SAT's over winter break.

http://thebostoncollegehockeyblog.bl...xt-season.html

Apparently he was considering the Q next year, and may have used it as a bargaining chip to coming early.

Comment

cue hoky saying he already reported that and that everyone knew it

Comment

cue hoky saying he already reported that and that everyone knew it
                              I'm still skeptical that this all isn't some sort of gamesmanship on Hanifin's part to get him a better deal up in Canada. I won't believe it 100% until he sets foot on campus.

Comment

either way, the kid was the first to report he would be accelerating a while back. then he amended that to say it was a possibility and now this. the kid is clearly well connected.

Comment

Working...
                                X