Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Champs

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Cham

good start to the weekend

Comment

• Re: BC Hockey '13-'14: The Quest To Make Holy Cross Transitive Property National Cham

So can we just stop with the Linell on D thing?
      Originally posted by reBlur
      the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

i'm hoping tonight was a result of savage's turnover monday night and that he's back in for linell tomorrow.

Comment

in other news, i believe sterlippo brought up that it doesn't seem bc has been on tv as much compared to previous years. my father emailed bates about this topic and bates got back to him within a few hours, said they have already met with NESN to discuss. says there are some possibilities.

Comment

The UVM color guy was unreal
            Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
            Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
            Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              To clarify, I wasn't commenting on other teams, but more what we're used to seeing from a BC team. I don't feel the secondary scoring is as strong on this BC team compared to others. Now, that really might not mean anything at all in the grand scheme of things. We'll see. I do think there's a difference when you just look at a team's top three scorers and not whether all three of those guys play on the same line. You can see a more even distribution with say the top four scorers spread across two lines.
              FWIW, QU's top 3 scorers are on the same line (Jone's brothers and Anas). I didn't check any other teams, but my guess is the results will be similar.

I'm going to post some FACTS and hopefully put this secondary scoring thing to rest. OR, at least help some folks sleep better at night.

From 12/6/13 through 2/14/14 (16 games played, 15-0-1)...
              The G-A-H line has scored 35 goals... 6 of them game winning goals (4 ENG).
              Secondary scoring........... 37 goals... 9 of them game winning goals (1 ENG).

Does that make anyone feel any better, or is there more that should be expected from this team?
              FWIW, no worries on my end. This team works so hard that good things will, and do happen.

Remember this... last season BC had one super scoring line and ZERO secondary scoring. The super line was broken up, resulting in little primary scoring and still ZERO secondary scoring. I would suggest that this years Eagles would wipe the ice with last years team. JMO.
              Last edited by FiveHole12; 02-14-2014, 10:08 PM. Reason: Added ENG stats
              'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

in other news, i believe sterlippo brought up that it doesn't seem bc has been on tv as much compared to previous years. my father emailed bates about this topic and bates got back to him within a few hours, said they have already met with NESN to discuss. says there are some possibilities.
                cool

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post

he "cant stand BC " and called the team "annoying" which made him sound like a 14 year old girl. What an asshat.............. A little hairy at the end there but we'll take it.

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                  FWIW, QU's top 3 scorers are on the same line (Jone's brothers and Anas). I didn't check any other teams, but my guess is the results will be similar.

I'm going to post some FACTS and hopefully put this secondary scoring thing to rest. OR, at least help some folks sleep better at night.

From 12/6/13 through 2/14/14 (16 games played, 15-0-1)...
                  The G-A-H line has scored 35 goals... 6 of them game winning goals.
                  Secondary scoring........... 37 goals... 9 of them game winning goals.

Does that make anyone feel any better, or is there more that should be expected from this team?
                  FWIW, no worries on my end. This team works so hard that good things will, and do happen.

Remember this... last season BC had one super scoring line and ZERO secondary scoring. The super line was broken up, resulting in little primary scoring and still ZERO secondary scoring. I would suggest that this years Eagles would wipe the ice with last years team. JMO.
                  Last year's team was the worst one since prior to the 97-98 season. No joke.
                  Originally posted by reBlur
                  the sober Trivino I know is not a guy who would force his way into a girl's room and attempt to rape her. I can't imagine him ever making anyone even feel uncomfortable when he's sober.There are plenty of players in my time covering the team who have looked at me differently or flirted with me or the like. Trivino has never been one of those players. Even outside of the rink, he'll say hi and is plenty of friendly, but has never been even close to saying or doing anything inappropriate.

Comment

I thought it was interesting that Demko tracked down the guy that gave Matheson a little hit after the final whistle.
                    The kid has grit. Will help keep his team focused for tomorrow night.

I change my weekend prediction to sweep. Handily.
                    'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

• Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                      he "cant stand BC " and called the team "annoying" which made him sound like a 14 year old girl. What an asshat.
                      glad i didn't watch after hearing this. that's embarrassing.

Comment

wasn't h.t. lenz by any chance was it?

Comment

wasn't h.t. lenz by any chance was it?
                          Don't think so. Not sure of the number, but I think it was 22.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                            You wanna pay 9.95 for equally bad commentating like other HE schools?

Comment

Originally posted by FiveHole12 View Post
                              I thought it was interesting that Demko tracked down the guy that gave Matheson a little hit after the final whistle.
                              The kid has grit. Will help keep his team focused for tomorrow night.

I change my weekend prediction to sweep. Handily.
                              Game highlights with Demko going after #2 Michael Paliotta at the end of the game. It looks like #21 Mario Puskarich actually took Matheson down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5fjz...layer_embedded

Comment

Johnny Hockey has to be the odds on favorite to win the Hobey Baker, will it even be close?
                                Contributing Editor and College Hockey Writer at Inside Hockey
                                Eric's Twitter
                                The Sin Bin The Sports Daily

Comment

Working...
                                X