• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The fighting in women's hockey poll

so waddya think?

Re: The fighting in women's hockey poll

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
    so waddya think?
    Good poll. Personally I don't like fighting, for either sex. Turns me off, actually.
    Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

I need an option including free bacon served at games.
      Minnesota Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
        Personally I don't like fighting, for either sex. Turns me off, actually.
        Ditto.

Comment

Where's the option: "I enjoy women's hockey, and a good cat fight on occasion is fine." Kind of like seeing a couple of guys go at it in a football game. You know you have a rivalry if things get out of hand once in awhile.
          University of North Dakota

National Championships: 8
          Frozen Fours: 22
          Conference Titles: 17
          14 consecutive NCAA tournament appearances

Comment

Originally posted by TheEagle View Post
            Where's the option: "I enjoy women's hockey, and a good cat fight on occasion is fine." Kind of like seeing a couple of guys go at it in a football game. You know you have a rivalry if things get out of hand once in awhile.
            My option is not posted in the list either. "Prefer that fighting not be part of the game, but there is nothing wrong with a tempers flared incident to stand up for your team mates and hard nosed physical hockey".

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
              My option is not posted in the list either. "Prefer that fighting not be part of the game, but there is nothing wrong with a tempers flared incident to stand up for your team mates and hard nosed physical hockey".
              Seconded!
              Give blood... Play Gopher Hockey!
              Men's National Championships: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002, 2003
              Women's National Championships: 2000, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2013, 2015, 2016

Comment

You called that fighting??? No gloves off = face washes and b@#$% slaps. Funny to watch but not real fighting. Laughable and makes women's hockey look silly.

Comment

Quote Originally Posted by OnMAA View Post
                  "My option is not posted in the list either. "Prefer that fighting not be part of the game, but there is nothing wrong with a tempers flared incident to stand up for your team mates and hard nosed physical hockey".

CrazyDave wrote: "Seconded"

Thirded!
                  Last edited by Watson Rink; 12-24-2013, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by OnMAA View Post
                    This, although "If it brings attention to women’s hockey, I can tolerate it" was a pretty good option.

I think men's college hockey handles fighting pretty well. There are always scuffles but it's broken up immediately. In that sense, which I think is the difference, the anger boiling over is part of the game, not made into a side-show with the refs stepping back and letting two guys go at it.
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Fourthed!
                      "Everything that rises must converge." Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
                        You called that fighting??? No gloves off = face washes and b@#$% slaps. Funny to watch but not real fighting. Laughable and makes women's hockey look silly.
                        So because they didn't take their gloves off it wasn't fighting? That's really your argument here?

I guess we should call Mike Tyson the former Face Wash and B@#$% Slap Heavyweight Champion.

Comment

Haha...did you watch this little dustup?? That wasn't fighting. It was wrestling, mixed in with a little slow dancing and a lot of trash talking. (Actually, the trash talking would been more entertaining.) Embarrassing.

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                          So because they didn't take their gloves off it wasn't fighting? That's really your argument here?

I guess we should call Mike Tyson the former Face Wash and B@#$% Slap Heavyweight Champion.

Comment

Originally posted by SeymoreHockey View Post
                            Haha...did you watch this little dustup?? That wasn't fighting. It was wrestling, mixed in with a little slow dancing and a lot of trash talking. (Actually, the trash talking would been more entertaining.) Embarrassing.
                            I did see it. Just because no one dropped the gloves, danced in a circle for 45 seconds, and then closed in for a warm embrace like in the NHL doesn't mean it's not a fight.

Also seriously what does this even mean?
                            That wasn't fighting. It was wrestling
                            Last edited by TonyTheTiger20; 12-24-2013, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Darwin has sufficiently snuffed out any need for fighting in both men's and women's...whether through today's fast paced/skilled game or the disappearance of throwback fans who actually get something out of it. NCAA nailed this one decades ago.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                              X