X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The New WCHA IV (2013-14): Unlocked and Cocked

Originally posted by Freddie View Post
    Final 4, Final 5. Who cares?
    If the Big 10 can be 6, 11, 12 or 14 I don't see why we get all worried about a 4 team event that plays 3 games calling itself "final 5"

Numbers are over-rated and should all be replaced with random semi-ideological concepts.
    Numbers are too rigid and unforgiving.
    They're like Nazis or Klingons.

Do your part to make the world a better place.
    Elimin--- the use of numbers --day.
    Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
    7822 58896 3245041 64 6671705 76 55669 7400 27200 8631. 111805 467 36597 7052 70642 7299 32299 2530 4034781 72? 1356 2766 5026122 8 20084 5004! 746 6293 12 7119707 82?

92. 9. 2.
    Originally posted by Freddie View Post
    Why are you shouting at me?
    If you continue to use that abusive language, I'll have no choice other but to report you to the forum moderator.
    Originally posted by UAHStatman View Post
    My apologies. I don't know what came over me. Some of my closest friends are numbers, and, well, I just snapped.

I've just been out-nerded, and I'm completely OK with that.

Comment

We're just five wins away from what should be every WCHA fan's dream: an All-WCHA national championship game. Two more wins tomorrow and we're still closer yet!

GFM
      Geof F. Morris
      UAH BSE MAE 2002
      UAHHockey.com

Comment

Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
        We're just five wins away from what should be every WCHA fan's dream: an All-WCHA national championship game. Two more wins tomorrow and we're still closer yet!

GFM
        That would be GREAT! Go FERRIS and the WCHA!!!!!

Comment

GFM
          I though the NCAA vowed to never have that happen again after Columbus in 2005?
          “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

GFM
            The score didn't exactly inspire confidence, but a win is a win. Congrats to Ferris.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
              The score didn't exactly inspire confidence, but a win is a win. Congrats to Ferris.
              We all know that Ferris can score. I call today an off night for everyone not named Mayhew. Motte definitely won that one for them. Hopefully he won't have to do that 2-3 more times.

GFM
              Geof F. Morris
              UAH BSE MAE 2002
              UAHHockey.com

Comment

I saw there was some more discussion last night on Twitter about continued changes to college hockey. I have a hunch that the rumored swap of WMU and Miami for BSU and MSU are going to be true.

I wonder if the MAC schools would pick up the four western AHA schools (Canisus, Niagara, Mercyhurst, BobbyMo), take FSU with and revive the CCHA.

This would leave the WCHA with just six teams: UAA, UAH, UA_, MTU, NMU, and LSSU.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

Originally posted by aparch View Post
                  I saw there was some more discussion last night on Twitter about continued changes to college hockey. I have a hunch that the rumored swap of WMU and Miami for BSU and MSU are going to be true.

I wonder if the MAC schools would pick up the four western AHA schools (Canisus, Niagara, Mercyhurst, BobbyMo), take FSU with and revive the CCHA.

This would leave the WCHA with just six teams: UAA, UAH, UA_, MTU, NMU, and LSSU.
                  So Miami of Ohio and wMichigan would join the "WESTERN" Collegiate Hockey Association in order that they could play more teams from Michigan in the EASTERN time zone? Meanwhile teams from NEW YORK and PENNSYLVANIA are somehow "WESTERN" but might try to revive the defunct "CENTRAL" Collegiate Hockey Association? All this from a guy in the "MIDWEST" some 300 miles EAST of the Mississippi River.

Not that I'd be surprised by any sort of conference re-alignment but there's a boatload of USA Americans that could use a geography lesson.

Comment

Originally posted by uaafanblog View Post
                    Not that I'd be surprised by any sort of conference re-alignment but there's a boatload of USA Americans that could use a geography lesson.
                    You haven't seen the complete madness that has been the collegiate football and basketball conference realignments, have you?

There is an awful lot wrong with the geographic naming of the conferences and their member participants. Let's not forget that Hockey East has one member of their conference which is located closer to Oklahoma City, OK than it is to any of it's conference mates.

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

So Miami of Ohio and wMichigan would join the "WESTERN" Collegiate Hockey Association in order that they could play more teams from Michigan in the EASTERN time zone? Meanwhile teams from NEW YORK and PENNSYLVANIA are somehow "WESTERN" but might try to revive the defunct "CENTRAL" Collegiate Hockey Association? All this from a guy in the "MIDWEST" some 300 miles EAST of the Mississippi River.

Isn't Juneau in southeast Alaska? By your logic that's impossible...
                      MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

Originally posted by stuckinwi View Post
                        Isn't Juneau in southeast Alaska? By your logic that's impossible...
                        Your having difficulty with the qualifier aren't you? See, when the word southeast is followed by the proper noun Alaska then it clearly means the directional qualifier is referring to that region specifically.

If you really think that the colloquial reference "Midwest" is accurate and/or even acceptable 150 years after it was coined then I'm deeply sorrowful about the state of your cognition.

Comment

You haven't seen the complete madness that has been the collegiate football and basketball conference realignments, have you?

There is an awful lot wrong with the geographic naming of the conferences and their member participants. Let's not forget that Hockey East has one member of their conference which is located closer to Oklahoma City, OK than it is to any of it's conference mates.
                          There is indeed much wrong.

Comment

Your having difficulty with the qualifier aren't you? See, when the word southeast is followed by the proper noun Alaska then it clearly means the directional qualifier is referring to that region specifically.

If you really think that the colloquial reference "Midwest" is accurate and/or even acceptable 150 years after it was coined then I'm deeply sorrowful about the state of your cognition.
                            "western AHA" is the phrase I'm talking about. Your logic applies exactly how you've explained it...
                            MTU Hockey fan since I was carried to a game in 1986 - for those counting... that's a lot of depressing hockey. Still love it.

Surrounded by Badger Red in Wisconsin. Such an ugly color, but the beer and cheese are delicious...

2014-15 WCHA (*Regular season portion) Pick-em Champion (**Forgeting a Week Methodology)

Comment

How many of us would survive that? That would probably be a 20-game league schedule, which means that all four Lower 48 schools make two Alaska trips. With that few league games, the Alaska exemption doesn't matter, because there's no way that you're getting nine non-conference series in a world full of 28-game league schedules. If something like that happened, I'd probably go to Shelbie King Hall and tell Bob Altenkirch to drop the program, and I'm pretty sure that I wouldn't be the only one (nor would Bob need me to tell him).

GFM
                              Geof F. Morris
                              UAH BSE MAE 2002
                              UAHHockey.com

Comment

Other than Robert Morris and maybe Mercyhurst, I don't see the AHA schools leaving an eastern conference. If the MAC schools made our own conference, we would most likely pick up the Michigan GLIAC's. Notre Dame might be enticed to join based on travel as well. So my hypothetical "Midwest" conference would be:

BG
                                Miami
                                Western
                                Ferris
                                Lake State
                                Northern
                                Tech
                                Notre Dame

?Mercyhurst?
                                ?Robert Morris?
                                ?UAH? (if this conference really were to be created, it would be the closest geographically for them)

I'm not sure what the rest of the WCHA schools would do.
                                BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Working...
                                X