The conference is now done until 14-15.

GFM
    Geof F. Morris
    UAH BSE MAE 2002
    UAHHockey.com

Comment

• Re: The New WCHA IV (2013-14): Unlocked and Cocked

Originally posted by bueller View Post
      Just out of curiosity, are you counting UMass as a MAC school?
      UMASS is leaving the MAC after 2015, and they're only a member in football.
      BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

• Originally posted by manurespreader View Post
        But you have to ask yourself, the nacho snubbed Mankato and Bemidji as not good enough in the recent past.
        The Nacho league wants the UP teams, Alaska teams and UAH all by themselves in the WCHA.

Comment

• Originally posted by aparch View Post
          This would leave the WCHA with just six teams: UAA, UAH, UA_, MTU, NMU, and LSSU.
          What two teams would not make the WCHA Final Five?

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
            I tried finding this Twatter discussion and couldn't. Any chance you could link some examples?
            https://twitter.com/jackhitts/status/449728828143710208

https://twitter.com/jackhitts/status/449730331004768257

https://twitter.com/jackhitts/status/449730893762924545
            “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

If there is one thing I'd change, i'd educate the rest of the world that this is a darn good league and that the opinions that I've seen on here and in print about this being a bunch of no name, crummy teams is not even close to accurate.

I'd also get the refs to start calling all the picks that teams are running. I see them all the time and Wisconsin, Lowell,Union, ND, and Providence, do it constantly.

I guess that's two things.
              MTU: Three time NCAA champions.

It never get's easier, you just go faster. -Greg Lemond

Comment

We need BG, MSU, and Bemidji to keep the WCHA momentum started with this past season.
                We could not afford to lose them.
                Why would we even think about admitting Western and Miami.
                Let them pay for their past sins. I would hope the WCHA would reject their application without even taking the time to process it.

Comment

It would be an interesting proposal from a BSU standpoint. I love the WCHA and how all the schools are fairly similar, but a move to the NCHC, as much as I would hate it, would make sense from a travel standpoint and in state rivals standpoint. Picking up conference games against UMD, SCSU and UND would generate more interest in the casual fan base. But would BSU be stranded in the bottom half much like they were in the old WCHA? I think their best chance of winning on a consistent basis is with the new WCHA and not with the NCHC.
                  Millsy

NCAA TOURNAMENT 2005, 2006, 2009, 2010!
                  FROZEN FOUR 2009!

"Like" The BeaverPond's Facebook Page

BEMIDJI STATE BEAVERS!
                  NAIA National Champs: 1968, '69, '70, '71, '73, '79, '80
                  NCAA D-III National Champs: 1986
                  NCAA D-II National Champs: 1984, '93, '94, '95, '97
                  NCAA D-I National Champs: 20??
                  Perfect 31-0 in 1983-84
                  Holders of an NCAA Mens Record 43 straight wins (Nov. 8, 1983-Jan. 1, 1985)

Comment

If we're worried about branding, we trade the NCHC the Broadmoor, the WCHA name, and the Beavers and Mavericks for the Broncos and Redhawks, some good officials, and re-start the CCHA. We keep Tech and the MacNaughton.

I'm gonna start an offseason league thread here in a minute. [ETA] Here it is: http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...n-See-ya-Bruce

GFM
                    Last edited by gfmorris; 03-30-2014, 11:32 AM.
                    Geof F. Morris
                    UAH BSE MAE 2002
                    UAHHockey.com

Comment

All the chatter about what school moving where and when. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
                      It's the money. Pure and simple. It's the money.
                      If it's nickels and dimes nobody is going anywhere.
                      If it's hundreds of thousands or more then you better get the moving vans lined up cause there is going to be a move.
                      It's the money. Pure and simple. It's the money.

Comment

• How can so many teams want to leave the WCHA?

Comment

• Originally posted by gfmorris View Post
                          If we're worried about branding, we trade the NCHC the Broadmoor, the WCHA name, and the Beavers and Mavericks for the Broncos and Redhawks, some good officials, and re-start the CCHA. We keep Tech and the MacNaughton.
                          GFM
                          GFM

It may happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pink Pony View Post
                            How can so many teams want to leave the WCHA?
                            Please show me where someone from any WCHA school has said they want to leave. It's got to be a President, Coach or AD to have any credibility.
                            "The use of common sense and logic will not be tolerated and may result in fine and/or suspension."- Western Professional Hockey League By-laws. 1999-2000.

Comment

• Originally posted by davyd83 View Post
                              Please show me where someone from any WCHA school has said they want to leave. It's got to be a President, Coach or AD to have any credibility.
                              Does the Commish of the WCHA. count?

Bruce said in an. Interview conference shuffling is around the corner.
                              Last edited by Pink Pony; 03-30-2014, 07:36 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by beaverhockeyfan View Post
                                It would be an interesting proposal from a BSU standpoint. I love the WCHA and how all the schools are fairly similar, but a move to the NCHC, as much as I would hate it, would make sense from a travel standpoint and in state rivals standpoint. Picking up conference games against UMD, SCSU and UND would generate more interest in the casual fan base. But would BSU be stranded in the bottom half much like they were in the old WCHA? I think their best chance of winning on a consistent basis is with the new WCHA and not with the NCHC.
                                Sad reality.

Comment

Working...
                                X