X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2nd Term Part VII: You May Like Your Doctor But You Can't Keep Her

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    I didn't say that at all. I'm not a supporter of the Iraq war, not since the WMDs were proved false. I'm asking because I know you've spoken out against Bush's invasion of Iraq, and yet now infer that the US invasion of Iraq is what led to these glorious democratic governments.

Thanks, Hyper Partisan Overreaction Guy.
    Where did I infer that the "US invasion of Iraq led to these glorious democratic governments"? If I have then I made an awful mistake cause I never meant to infer such a thing and I certainly do not think such a thing. My position is an always has been that getting Osama is the ONLY thing that was worth doing. Now that he's dead we should bail. Iraq was a complete waste of time. And quite frankly so was Libya and Syria.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

While all of you were busy yapping about Duck Dynasty, Congress passed the NDAA. So here's a little holiday song for you: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ek1uqrwLmQk

Comment

Damm Marxists!

Comment

Interesting. A California venture capitalist is claiming that California is too diverse, politically, geographically and economically (which he also thinks is too large for a state) to be governed as a single body. He wants the state split into six states. This would also bring us two shy of that magical 57 count.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/12/30/tech...html?hpt=hp_t3
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Interesting. A California venture capitalist is claiming that California is too diverse, politically, geographically and economically (which he also thinks is too large for a state) to be governed as a single body. He wants the state split into six states. This would also bring us two shy of that magical 57 count.

We'll stay at 50 states once Texas et al finally secede.

Comment

I've seen people talk about splitting California in two, but never six before. That's all we need is a dozen California senators! Maybe we could merge all of New England into a single state to balance it out.
              Originally posted by Priceless
              Good to see you're so reasonable.
              Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
              Very well, said.
              Originally posted by Rover
              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                We'll stay at 50 states once Texas et al finally secede.
                Texas can become 6, too!
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                  Texas can become 6, too!
                  Texas is a different beast altogether, though. There are pretty much four cities where the bulk of commerce take place, all relatively close together for western standards, and it could only feasibly be split into three states, if such a plan were set forth - there's just so much ranch land when you move north and west of Dallas.
                  "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                    Texas can become 6, too!
                    I prefer secession.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                      I prefer secession.
                      Didn't New England threaten to secede in the 1800's over tariffs?

EDIT: Thanks to the WaPo, here a secessionist map of the USA
                      http://andrewshears.com/wp-content/u...everWasBig.png
                      Last edited by joecct; 12-31-2013, 06:19 PM.
                      CCT '77 & '78
                      4 kids
                      5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                      1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                      - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Because this discussion does not belong in the NFL thread:

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
                        Gore never claimed to have invented the internet either, but that stuck too.
                        During the 2000 presidential primaries, "...During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet." While VP Gore's intent was something different, he did say the words.

http://www.snopes.com/quotes/internet.asp

Comment

During the 2000 presidential primaries, "...During my service in the United States Congress, I took the initiative in creating the Internet." While VP Gore's intent was something different, he did say the words.

Hey, Gore is saving the world. The least we can do is give him credit for inventing the internet also!
                          Originally posted by Priceless
                          Good to see you're so reasonable.
                          Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                          Very well, said.
                          Originally posted by Rover
                          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

The jig is up, Rover. http://beforeitsnews.com/alternative...t-2863522.html

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                              Hey, Gore is saving the world. The least we can do is give him credit for inventing the internet also!
                              You both realize the create and invent mean different things...right?
                              Old Monster Records

Comment

Originally posted by Rimbaud View Post
                                You both realize the create and invent mean different things...right?
                                He did neither one
                                I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Working...
                                X