X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2nd Term Part VII: You May Like Your Doctor But You Can't Keep Her

Proceed.

Appears Chris Christie will shutdown roads and bridges to get elected.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/14/ny...e.html?hp&_r=0
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Re: 2nd Term Part VII: You May Like Your Doctor But You Can't Keep Her

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Proceed.

Appears Chris Christie will shutdown roads and bridges to get elected.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/12/14/ny...e.html?hp&_r=0
    Boston, Seattle, and Peoria will not care. NYC will go 90%+ for the Democratic candidate anyway. Fort Lee will go Dem, but Woodcliff Lake will go GOP. In other words, it's not a national issue. Having your opponents end up in the morgue could be.

And, having commuted into NYC (albeit 35 years ago), traffic stinks 95% of the time. How could they tell something was different?
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

Here's a brief synopsis on Kay Hagen's replacement in North Carolina (after the 2014 election of course).

Of all the tea partiers running for Senate in 2014, Greg Brannon, a GOP primary candidate hoping to topple vulnerable North Carolina Democrat Kay Hagan, is one of the most extreme. He opposes public education, claiming it "does nothing but dehumanize" students. He doesn't believe that states have to follow Supreme Court decisions. He contends bipartisan compromises in Washington "enslave" Americans. He hails the the late Sen. Jesse Helms—who died in 2008 without ever renouncing his support for racial segregation—as a "modern hero." He claims that "all ten of [Karl] Marx's planks of Communism"—including the abolition of private property—"are law in our land today." In October, Brannon cosponsored and spoke at a rally supporting nullification—the notion that states can invalidate federal laws at will—that was cosponsored by the League of the South, a secessionist group seeking "a free and independent Southern republic." And Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.) has endorsed him.
      http://www.motherjones.com/politics/...ssionist-rally

Sounds like a winner to me.
      **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Here's a brief synopsis on Kay Hagen's replacement in North Carolina (after the 2014 election of course).

John C. Calhoun has been resurrected? Hopefully he dies in the primary.
        CCT '77 & '78
        4 kids

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
        - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
          Boston, Seattle, and Peoria will not care. NYC will go 90%+ for the Democratic candidate anyway. Fort Lee will go Dem, but Woodcliff Lake will go GOP. In other words, it's not a national issue. Having your opponents end up in the morgue could be.

And, having commuted into NYC (albeit 35 years ago), traffic stinks 95% of the time. How could they tell something was different?
          Were Christie in a dogfight for re-election I wouldn't put something like this past any Jersey pol, but given that he was never up by less than 20% in any poll I'd seen I'm not sure what the point would be.
          Legally drunk???? If its "legal", what's the ------- problem?!? - George Carlin

Ever notice how everybody who drives slower than you is an idiot, and everybody who drives faster is a maniac? - George Carlin

"I've never seen so much reason and bullsh*t contained in ONE MAN."

Comment

Originally posted by Rover View Post
            Were Christie in a dogfight for re-election I wouldn't put something like this past any Jersey pol, but given that he was never up by less than 20% in any poll I'd seen I'm not sure what the point would be.
            No one has any explanation for the closings. That means the story isn't going away.

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-s...litical-waters

Comment

No one has any explanation for the closings. That means the story isn't going away.

But does it play in Peoria? Does anyone outside of the NYC Metro Area care?
              CCT '77 & '78
              4 kids

- Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by joecct View Post
                But does it play in Peoria? Does anyone outside of the NYC Metro Area care?
                Dems have learned from Repubs (the masters of the technique) that if you just bang the drum long enough, you can MAKE them care.
                If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Cuomo: " But I’m sure it is as Gov. Christie says it is.”

MSNBC: Of course, if Cuomo was actually sure, he probably wouldn’t have paused for a full six seconds

If that's not conclusive evidence, I don't know what is. Were Fox to report this this way, Priceless would be giving birth to a cow right about now.
                  "I'm not crazy about reality, but it's still the only place to get a decent meal."
                  Groucho Marx
                  "You can't fix stupid. There's not a pill you can take; there's not a class you can go to. Stupid is forever. "
                  Ron White
                  "If we stop being offensive, the Terrorists win."
                  Milo Bloom

Comment

Originally posted by busterman62 View Post
                    Cuomo: " But I’m sure it is as Gov. Christie says it is.”

MSNBC: Of course, if Cuomo was actually sure, he probably wouldn’t have paused for a full six seconds

If that's not conclusive evidence, I don't know what is. Were Fox to report this this way, Priceless would be giving birth to a cow right about now.
                    You're reading skills are awesome.

Christie says he doesn't know why they were closed. No one who does know has given the reason either. My point was that the story isn't going away and that the reason the story isn't going away is because no one has given a credible reason for the closings.

You haven't either, yet you rip a political reporter who is only summarizing and linking the stories that others have done.

Case in point, this one from Politico.

Comment

Great source for unbiased coverage. As usual.

Too bad the Republicans caved on the budget deal/spending. Had a little hope they'd try to control spending. No hope in the Dems, and they delivered.
                      Originally posted by Priceless
                      Good to see you're so reasonable.
                      Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                      Very well, said.
                      Originally posted by Rover
                      A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                        Great source for unbiased coverage. As usual. Too bad the Republicans caved on the budget deal/spending. Had a little hope they'd try to control spending. No hope in the Dems, and they delivered.
                        A number of Right Wing Senators are opposing the budget deal because it cuts defense too much. But, that's ok, as long as we cut the other stuff.

Comment

A number of Right Wing Senators are opposing the budget deal because it cuts defense too much. But, that's ok, as long as we cut the other stuff.
                          The main defense issue I've seen regarding cuts is that it retroactively reduces the pensions of retired vets, a reasonable concern. The deal itself increases overall defense spending by sidestepping some sequestration defense cuts. Basically they took money from the vets to use elsewhere in the military.
                          Very well, said.
                          A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
                            The main defense issue I've seen regarding cuts is that it retroactively reduces the pensions of retired vets, a reasonable concern. The deal itself increases overall defense spending by sidestepping some sequestration defense cuts. Basically they took money from the vets to use elsewhere in the military.
                            Yeah, it's reasonable to worry about cutting their pensions but apparently cutting pensions, aid, or anything else like that to any other American is A-Ok with the GOP.

Talk about pandering.

Comment

Yeah, it's reasonable to worry about cutting their pensions but apparently cutting pensions, aid, or anything else like that to any other American is A-Ok with the GOP.

Talk about pandering.
                              What is all this moaning about budget cuts? You do realize the budget goes up? You should be dancing in the aisles that the sequestration, which would have held spending steady, has been breeched by your Dems who outmaneuvered the Republicans on this. Don't worry, your national deficit will continue to skyrocket.
                              Very well, said.
                              A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Working...
                              X