X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2nd Term Part VII: You May Like Your Doctor But You Can't Keep Her

Originally posted by Bob Gray View Post
    You're right, but Gurth like to tilt at windmills quite a bit. Yet more confirmation I made the right decision to put Gurth and his trolling on ignore.

You can put on ignore all you want, but I don't have you on ignore and you're still seeing my retorts.

If you were a little more confident of your opinions/beliefs, you wouldn't have to run and hide under the blankets every time you write something.

Comment

You're right, but Gurth like to tilt at windmills quite a bit. Yet more confirmation I made the right decision to put Gurth and his trolling on ignore.
      With how wrong Gurt is on most things... and it sure is quite a lot... I will say you're missing out from his trolling because I know I'm always entertained and it kills plenty of time for me at work. So mission accomplished.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
        The discussion had devolved to my insistence that humans will extinct most of the species on the planet in due time.

Whats a few honey bees and Monarch butterflies.
        I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
          Whats a few honey bees and Monarch butterflies.
          We may soon find out.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
            To be honest I really don't think Bob was going there. The discussion had devolved to my insistence that humans will extinct most of the species on the planet in due time.
            Can't speak specifically for Bob...but its not like that 'China is way worse' conversation has never happened with some of the crowd here.
            Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
              Can't speak specifically for Bob...but its not like that 'China is way worse' conversation has never happened with some of the crowd here.
              It's pretty funny too. China just figured out what profit means. It'll be another 20 years before they figure out what environment means.
              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                With how wrong Gurt is on most things... and it sure is quite a lot... I will say you're missing out from his trolling because I know I'm always entertained and it kills plenty of time for me at work. So mission accomplished.
                Most folks on here, even when I disagree with them, I'm ok with and would not mind meeting them someday. There's a few nasty ones like Gurth that I steer clear of on here and would do so elsewhere if the situation ever arose.
                Originally posted by Priceless
                Good to see you're so reasonable.
                Originally posted by ScoobyDoo
                Very well, said.
                Originally posted by Rover
                A fair assessment Bob.

Comment

Most folks on here, even when I disagree with them, I'm ok with and would not mind meeting them someday. There's a few nasty ones like Gurth that I steer clear of on here and would do so elsewhere if the situation ever arose.

Geez Bob, I almost feel bad about myself.
                  Last edited by Gurtholfin; 03-18-2014, 05:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                    Thanks for the invitation, Bob. I've already educated myself on the subject. Hitler grew up in the Catholic Church. The church insignia had within it a swastika. He was an altar boy. He was a "soldier of Christ." In 1934 he declared himself a Catholic in a speech and in 1936 he said that Providence had made him a Catholic. He was never condemned or excommunicated from the Catholic Church, in fact the view of the Vatican was that his treatment of the Jews was justified since they supposedly killed Jesus.

But you can keep on denying he was Catholic if you like.
                    He also frequently compared the hierarchical structure of the Church with the Nazi party. And compared his position as "Der Fuhrer," to that of the Pope. But (and it's an enormous but) to suggest the view of the Church was approval of his "treatment of the Jews" (by which, one assumes you mean the Final Solution) is so much tommy rot. The Klan also used to claim it was a "Christian" group, aping certain symbols and language of organizations that are. But they weren't. However, people wishing to smear Christians in general and Catholics in particular, love to make these comparisons. It's ahistorical nonsense.
                    Last edited by Old Pio; 03-18-2014, 05:37 PM.
                    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                      He also frequently compared the hierarchical structure of the Church with the Nazi party. And compared his position as "Der Fuhrer," to that of the Pope. But (and it's an enormous but) to suggest the view of the Church was that the "Final Solution" was justified is so much tommy rot. The Klan also used to claim it was a "Christian" group, aping certain symbols and language of organizations that are. But they weren't. However, people wishing to smear Christians in general and Catholics in particular, love to make these comparisons. It's ahistorical nonsense.
                      But implying that Mao is representative of all atheists is perfectly acceptable.

Comment

Working...
                      X