Mariucci Classic (Colgate, FSU, Minnesota, RPI) 1/3/14 - 1/4/14

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mariucci Classic (Colgate, FSU, Minnesota, RPI) 1/3/14 - 1/4/14

RPI Press Release about tourney http://www.rpiathletics.com/news/201...231131158.aspx including link to Game Notes.
    Last edited by Ralph Baer; 12-31-2013, 08:22 AM.
    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
      Why are they showing the 4pm game or why won't the Gophers play in that game regardless? Not sure on the first part, but I won't complain as it's more hockey to watch and I'm happy they're broadcasting it. As for why the Gophers won't play in the 4pm game - Attendance. At least typically for this tournament (as it's not a true tournament per say) they always schedule the Gophers for the late game to maximize attendance. Guessing that will be true this year as well.
      Talked with the admin guy at the radio show last night, and it sounded like they really REALLY tried to get the Saturday game on TV, but FSN has both the Wild and T'Wolves on at that time, ESPN schedules their stuff WAY in advance, and BTN has the UN/tOSU Bouncyball game airing then (just looked at the schedule, that's still showing as a noon game, though, so I don't know what's going on there).

Definitely annoying that there's a good chance for a 1 vs 2 matchup Saturday night that won't be on TV at all, but the U definitely tried.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve_MN View Post
        Talked with the admin guy at the radio show last night, and it sounded like they really REALLY tried to get the Saturday game on TV, but FSN has both the Wild and T'Wolves on at that time, ESPN schedules their stuff WAY in advance, and BTN has the UN/tOSU Bouncyball game airing then (just looked at the schedule, that's still showing as a noon game, though, so I don't know what's going on there).

Definitely annoying that there's a good chance for a 1 vs 2 matchup Saturday night that won't be on TV at all, but the U definitely tried.
        Yeah, it's really too bad. FSN needs another Alternate Channel. Or just broadcast it on Fox College Sports. I realize there are probably financial restraints to doing either, but it really sucks that this potential matchup won't be televised.
        @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
        On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
        High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by D2D View Post
          Unless I am grossly underestimating your age, I believe I'm beginning to understand how you've accumulated over 153,000 posts in these forums.
          If he seems to recall a game from 3/13/54, that may be the case. This website had to be going strong back in the 50's, right?

Comment

Yeah, it's really too bad. FSN needs another Alternate Channel. Or just broadcast it on Fox College Sports. I realize there are probably financial restraints to doing either, but it really sucks that this potential matchup won't be televised.
            Coming from small town Ferris hockey where I have been able to watch live video from every game this season, it would be a cruel irony if the almighty #1 Minnesota Gophers were unable to make their Saturday game available to watch.

Everybody talks about the growth of college hockey, but if a potential #1 vs #2 isn't available anywhere, then it is quite obvious we have a long, long, long way to go.
            "What I get paid for are the practices, I would play the games for nothing."
            - Tim Horton

Ferris State University
            CCHA Champions 2003 & 2012

Comment

No wonder my brother Bob called and asked if he could go to the game with me!
              Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                If he seems to recall a game from 3/13/54, that may be the case. This website had to be going strong back in the 50's, right?
                I was indeed alive back then, but I assure you that at the time I didn't pay the slightest attention to college hockey.
                sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Ferris State's video preview of the Mariucci Classic: www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZVWVOCs08k&hd=1

Comment

Originally posted by DominicHennig View Post
                    Ferris State's video preview of the Mariucci Classic: www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZVWVOCs08k&hd=1
                    I didn't realize that SA (OGC) was a walk-on at FSU.
                    sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                      I was indeed alive back then, but I assure you that at the time I didn't pay the slightest attention to college hockey.
                      I was 6 weeks old. If I had seen a hockey puck, I probably would have tried to put it In my mouth!

Happy New Year to all and a great 2014 to all four teams (unless they're playing against RPI)...

Comment

Originally posted by RPI fan 4 life View Post
                        I was 6 weeks old. If I had seen a hockey puck, I probably would have tried to put it In my mouth!

Happy New Year to all and a great 2014 to all four teams (unless they're playing against RPI)...
                        I never attended a hockey game until I was at RPI, and I proudly say that I have still never attended a basketball game unless you count at the playground.
                        sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

• Originally posted by hattrick16 View Post
                          Coming from small town Ferris hockey where I have been able to watch live video from every game this season, it would be a cruel irony if the almighty #1 Minnesota Gophers were unable to make their Saturday game available to watch.

Everybody talks about the growth of college hockey, but if a potential #1 vs #2 isn't available anywhere, then it is quite obvious we have a long, long, long way to go.
                          Yeah, it would really suck if we can't watch that game if it happens. On one hand it's really hard for me to complain as we do get a vast majority of our games televised (available nationally) in HD (locally). But of all the games to not be televised

Not going to speak for other Wild fans (as I realize not every Wild fan is a Gopher fan), but I'd rather watch the Gophers Saturday night (especially if they play Ferris State). And I'd rather get a paper cut on my ear drum then watch an NBA basketball game.

Comment

Saturday's 7pm central/8 eastern Minnesota game is 99.9% guaranteed to be televised nationally regardless if they win or lose on Friday. Details are being finalized and will be announced ASAP.

www.***********/DominicHennig
                            Last edited by DominicHennig; 12-31-2013, 10:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by DominicHennig View Post
                              Saturday's 7pm central/8 eastern Minnesota game is 99.9% guaranteed to be televised nationally regardless if they win or lose on Friday. Details are being finalized and will be announced ASAP.
                              Excellent

Comment

FYI - Just checked the guide for FCS for this weekend, and in addition to the Colgate vs Minnesota game on Friday night, it lists the 4pm game on Saturday. Gophers won't be playing in this game (regardless of outcome), but I thought I'd pass that along to the fans here of the other teams in case your team does play in that game.
                                This must be a replay, not live... the only game scheduled to be televised right now is the 7 central/8 eastern Minnesota Friday game. Staff is working on getting the Saturday 7 central/8 eastern Minnesota game picked up right now by an undisclosed network.

Comment

Working...
                                X