This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
    Flagdude, noticed you have your I believe in Seth Appert. Nice, thanks for letting me rent it. Thread is united again.
    Why does F believe in Seth again?

Comment

• Re: RPI 2013/14 Part II: The HFH is Covered with Frozen Drivel

Originally posted by Beman View Post
      Why does F believe in Seth again?
      Because the team won a non-conference game against Union. Don't try to inject logic into the discussion, it'll only make your head hurt.
      APBWiki

Comment

On a positive note I got to drank from the mayors cup Saturday night #rpi
        I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
          I am a man of my word. I removed it in protest of not beating Union in three years. Now that he has, the moniker returns. It went as quickly as one game, it can come back as quickly as one game.
          Youre a fickle guy.
          Last edited by AspyDad; 01-27-2014, 07:59 PM.
          "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

ECAC logic time, OGC gets suspended for showing a video of a blown call. Rick Bennett gets nothing 4 hitting our player. Yep, I was quite the conspiracy guy all those years. Steve Hagwell is inept and weak.
            "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
              ECAC logic time, OGC gets suspended for showing a video of a blown call. Rick Bennett get nothing hitting our player. Yep, I was quite the conspiracy guy all those years. Steve Hagwell is inept and weak.
              The worst part is that I'm barely surprised.
              RPI Pep Band
              GO GO GO YOU RED RED RED!!! and I guess Yale?
              🎶🎺🎺🎺 LET'S GO BLUES!

2017-2018 RPI Pick to Click – Champion
              2013-2016 RPI Pick to Click – Back-to-Back-to-Back Runner-Up
              2014-15, 2018-19 ECAC Pick the Standings – Last Place

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
                No extra suspension or discipline for Bennett.

Unbelievable.

EDIT: more losses for our team players-wise for a brawl we didn't incite. Seems legit.
                Refs are supposed to be invisible, that's if they've done their job. I watched Paul Stewart referee for many years at MSG and the game was always about him. I suspect he might have been a major reason for the NHL removing names from the back of the official's jerseys. I was so happy to see him retire only to then take on the ECAC post (ugh). Can't get rid of him, it's like stepping in a well-known product. Anyway to your point, this is what I have come to expect in hockey - the instigator gets off light and the one who retaliates is hit with the greater penalty - right out of the playbook of professional wrestling. I also suspect that Appert putting in a good word for Bennett is why the 2-game suspension wasn't increased. We may never know but Appert may have saved Bennett's career.
                "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

Originally posted by DeepRed72 View Post
                  We may never know but Appert may have saved Bennett's career.
                  Stuck up for his guys on the ice, showed a lot of poise in the presser after.

Comment

Stuck up for his guys on the ice, showed a lot of poise in the presser after.
                    Appert was the epitome of class.
                    "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not to his own facts" - Daniel Patrick Moynihan

Comment

With the additional suspensions, will we have a full compliment of players Friday night?
                      A lot of guys are going to have to step up their game against Clarkson.
                      Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
                      Benjamin Franklin
                      The harder I practice, the luckier I get.
                      Gary Player

Comment

Don't forget, guys, though, that only RPI has a history of being classless:

http://www.uscho.com/2001/01/31/ecac...nuvm-incident/
                        Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

• Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                          ECAC logic time, OGC gets suspended for showing a video of a blown call. Rick Bennett gets nothing 4 hitting our player. Yep, I was quite the conspiracy guy all those years. Steve Hagwell is inept and weak.
                          I agree it's freaking irrelevant that union suspended Bennett for 2 games on there own.
                          I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

Bennett was mad gotisphere is gonna leave and 3 of top 4 scorers Are seniors and there ready to drop in standings. Everyone but the frosh are Leamans guys still
                            I bleed CHERRY AND WHITE

Comment

As is the motivation for nearly everything else: $$$$$$
                              Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by Beman View Post
                                Why does FlagDud believe in Seth again?
                                He doesn't "believe" at all, it's merely part of his campaign to be elected poseur of the year.
                                Last edited by FreshFish; 01-28-2014, 07:19 AM.
                                "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Working...
                                X