Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
      Let's compare,,,

The Regular season
      Scoring defense-2.25 gpg
      Scoring Offense-2.55 gpg

To the Post Season
      Scoring defense-2.20 gpg
      Scoring Offense--3.6 gpg
      By Jove, you may be on to something. What are they when they score 3 or more, like 15-2-2?
      2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

• Re: All Things Denver XXXVII

This morning's presser from DU
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iiusgTJlV0U
        and BC
        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bf6R368mjM#t=23

Puck Daddy's look at the teams in the Regionals:
        No. 15 Denver Pioneers (20-15-6)
        Key stat: Junior defenseman and Edmonton pick Joey LaLeggia finished second [for defensemen]in the nation in goals (12) but missed five of his team's games down the stretch due to injury. He was also eighth in shots on goal.
        Top player: Make no mistake, this team is here because of one man: Sam Brittain. His .932 save percentage is tied for third in the nation, and he faced more shots than anyone in the entire country this year. In the NCHC tournament alone, he allowed just 11 goals on 148 shots over five games. So yeah, they kept him busy.
        NHL draft picks: 7 (Florida's Sam Brittain and Evan Cowley; Edmonton's Joey LaLeggia; Ottawa's Quentin Shore; Phoenix's Zac Larraza; Colorado's Will Butcher; Montreal's Josiah Didier)
        Quick fact: Of all the teams in the NCAA tournament, none had a smaller share of the shots on goal in their games than Denver, which conceded 1,307 in 41 games. That was good for just a 46.8 percent piece of the pie.
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Seen both teams a few times, and I predict that BC will out-shoot DU by > than 2-1, and win that thing going away.

I could easily be wrong about that, but I don't think so.

Comment

Sunshine is back in Pittsburgh
            Beau Bennett, out since November with a broken wrist, arguably was the game's dominant forward. He led all Penguins forwards with four hits, fired three shots on net, consistently set up linemates Jussi Jokinen and James Neal and scored the game-winner in the third period.
            Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/penguins/...#ixzz2xKWHeCOy

Here in SoCal it was rockin and rolling, quaking and shaking--5.1 on the Richter Scale, epi center about 70 miles away-. It surely gets your attention.
            GO DU !!!

Comment

It is GAME DAY!!!!!

Viz - I'll take snow over quakes any day. Stay safe.
              DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

The Mash Line.
                sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by A Shot and a Goal View Post
                  Is it subliminal that the Mash Line is wearing (North Dakota) green in that picture?

Go DU. Beat BC!

Comment

Originally posted by Dmann View Post
                    Does this team remind anybody of the 03-04 squad? 10 years ago we won the whole thing after a mediocre season!!
                    No, this year's team does not remind me of the 2003/2004 team.

This year's team is currently led in goal scoring by Trevor Moore with 13 goals. By the end of the '03-'04 season six players [Gauthier 18, Caldwell 15, Fulghum 14, Dora 14, James 13 and Drummond 13] had scored as many goals. Throw in Foster [12] and Keith [10] and that team had eight players with at least ten goals. The current team has just five players [Moore, LaLeggia 12, Loney 11, Larraza 10 and Makowski 10] with at least ten goals. The '03-'04 team had more goal scorers and higher goal scorers than the current squad.

I think your assessment that the '03-'04 team won the national title after a "mediocre " season is harsh. That team won 23 regular season games, hardly a mediocre total. Before losing to CC in the WCHA playoffs that team went 7-0-2 in its final nine regular season games, while this year's team went 3-6-0 over its final nine regular season games.

The '03-'04 team beat CC to end the regular season before losing to the Tigers in the WCHA playoffs. The interval between that series loss and the onset of the NCAA event allowed the Pioneers to recoup and get healthy--Connor James comes to mind. This year's squad split a regular season ending series at home with Miami--a team which certainly found its stride in the NCHC tourney.

Sam Brittain is having a splendid year and has played all but a handful of minutes as the team's goalie. The same can be said for Adam Berkhoel in '03-'04. And let's remember Adam had seven shutouts that season. Like all Denver fans I'll be cheering for the Pioneers to upend BC later today to advance to the second round of the NCAA tourney. But this year's team--rather than the '03-'04 aggregation--may be said to have had a mediocre regular season. This year's team won 16 regular season games a far cry from the 23 won by the team a decade ago. No, this year's team does not remind me of the 2003-2004 edition of the Pioneers.
                    sigpic Eight. ....with a design on nine.

Comment

Originally posted by du78 View Post
                      It is GAME DAY!!!!!
                      Lacrosse wins 17-8 at Georgetown, good start to the day.
                      University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
                      Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

"52 years isn't a slump, it's a tradition" -dubbie31

Comment

Good luck today.

Win or lose, if DU acquits itself well today that is going to tell us even more about the quality of our conference. North Dakota started us down that road last night.

Your turn. If DU and SCSU win today this board is going to be a pretty funny place to be later tonight or tomorrow, to say nothing if Minnesota State does as well.

Comment

I think there are a lot (!) of DU fans today.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

Nightmare first in Worcester. BC first line making us look like pee wees.
                            Go Pioneers!

Comment

Lordy, this is ugly!! Worst butt kicking against DU that I can remember. DU totally unprepared for bc first line, and not sure why brittain is still in the game. Not sharp at all. Ok, at least we got a playoff championship, but will be a long off season for the players to think about this effort today. Bc pretty **** good! As I've said past few years, I will look at the bright side I will save money on a trip to ff. Hopefully other nchc teams represent better!

Comment

I recall giving up 7 or 8 to the Soviets. But they were the best freaking team in the world! There are wins, ties and losses with the Pioneers. But rarely a stomping on this scale (thank God BC took its foot off the gas with a 6 goal margin). And in the NC$$ tournament, no less. No choice but to head back to the drawing board, with the certain knowledge of how far they are from an elite team. There's work to be done. But DU has a long history of getting that work done. Wait 'till next year.
                                Last edited by Old Pio; 03-29-2014, 05:47 PM.
                                2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Working...
                                X