X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXVII

Originally posted by duper View Post
    So who are people pulling for in the Frozen 4? I can see some people pulling for North Dakota out of conference loyalty. I have said before that I would like to see BC win it because they beat DU. Union is a good one to pull for on account of, well, why not? Any other thoughts? Any DU fans actually pulling for Minnesota? Or just don't give a crap since it won't be us?
    Anybody but Minnesota.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

So who are people pulling for in the Frozen 4? I can see some people pulling for North Dakota out of conference loyalty. I have said before that I would like to see BC win it because they beat DU. Union is a good one to pull for on account of, well, why not? Any other thoughts? Any DU fans actually pulling for Minnesota? Or just don't give a crap since it won't be us?
      I could NEVER pull for UND unless DU had something riding on it (like UND did when they needed Wisconsin to win on conference championship weekend), conference loyalty or otherwise. I'd rather it be either BC or Union than UND or Minnesota. It would be cool to see Union win it, first time winners are always fun, and I respect BC a ton.
      University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
      Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

"52 years isn't a slump, it's a tradition" -dubbie31

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierPioneer View Post
        I could NEVER pull for UND unless DU had something riding on it (like UND did when they needed Wisconsin to win on conference championship weekend), conference loyalty or otherwise. I'd rather it be either BC or Union than UND or Minnesota. It would be cool to see Union win it, first time winners are always fun, and I respect BC a ton.
        I totally agree. Preferably, UND would duplicate DU's flameout in the semi's. Frankly, it's really sad that they got the victory over a Ferris State team that outplayed them for most of the game, a team that probably is the most worthy team not in the FF. I've got to go with Union; let them get their first NC.

For those who want to remember the high point of the season (slightly ahead of the 3-0 shutout of UND in Denver, DU's most complete game of the year), you can go to nchchockey.com and buy a beautiful red t-shirt honoring DU for winning the league championship. It may not be an NC t-shirt, but I can dream and enjoy what we did achieve.
        Last edited by Dirvin; 04-02-2014, 05:08 PM.

Comment

I won't root for North Dakota, but it will be OK for the conference if they win. I'm not even sure how to root for Union. As to BC and Minnesota--I have no problem with either of those programs, but they are both getting closer to DU's 7 national titles, due to DU's failure to build on the 7th. So...I guess I will learn how to root for Union, and would be OK if Minnesota wins, too.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
            I won't root for North Dakota, but it will be OK for the conference if they win. I'm not even sure how to root for Union. As to BC and Minnesota--I have no problem with either of those programs, but they are both getting closer to DU's 7 national titles, due to DU's failure to build on the 7th. So...I guess I will learn how to root for Union, and would be OK if Minnesota wins, too.
            DU has 2 titles in the last 10 years including one over UND, the Fighting North Dakotas and Gophers combine for 0, so they haven't been doing any catching up in that count.

But BC's 3 in 5 years is another story. Pretty incredible in the college game- that's more than a class year of players cycling through.
            University of Denver Class of 2010; Daniels College of Business International MBA Class of 2011
            Henley Business School 2014 Intake- MSc in Business & Management Research/Doctor of Business Administration

DU Grilling Society

"52 years isn't a slump, it's a tradition" -dubbie31

Comment

Root for the sioux--a Big N-0! Bad enough to be tied with 7 banners, but couldn't stomach an 8th in the Ralph.
              Minnesota--No! Just because.
              Normally would root for a team from the West, but this year I'll take either Union or BC.
              GO DU !!!

Comment

http://citizensvoice.com/sports/mann...onth-1.1661112

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                  Root for the sioux--a Big N-0! Bad enough to be tied with 7 banners, but couldn't stomach an 8th in the Ralph.
                  Minnesota--No! Just because.
                  Normally would root for a team from the West, but this year I'll take either Union or BC.
                  Ditto, with a very strong preference for Union.

Comment

Can we start whining about "over age Canadians" at Union?
                    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cross-Czech View Post
                      Ditto, with a very strong preference for Union.
                      Normally I'd root for UND because of our league, splitting with them, and because I will never accept the fact that the East plays DU quality hockey. However, no way I want UND with 8 banners.
                      Thus, go Union over UND in 3 ot's.

Comment

on the one hand, I want BC to run the table to alevieta some of our shame and embarrassment, but on the other hand, Union?, how cool would that be??!
                        "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                        Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by Old Pio View Post
                          When I said he should be ignored I was referring to DU posters (like you) who apparently give credence to his malicious gossip.

Nothing malicious was intended; I was just curious as to how Denver fans viewed Monty's hiring and his results. ( I don't sh*t you at all that nearly every Maine fan wanted him to take the job out here, at least back then.)

Just an shot in the dark, and looking for some informed opinions... No need to get apoplectic about it.
                          Last edited by Fishman'81; 04-02-2014, 10:15 PM.

Comment

Ckeck out Mannino's mask -- could that be Boone on the side?
                            http://theahl.com/monthly-award-winn...-named-p191427
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                              Ckeck out Mannino's mask -- could that be Boone on the side?
                              http://theahl.com/monthly-award-winn...-named-p191427
                              I was once hanging out at the Border with a Save Boone sticker that dg gave me on my back. Mannino taps me on the shoulder and asks if I have any more. I didn't, but I gave him the one I had, which he said he would put on his practice stick. I think that Boone has probably been on every helmet Mannino has had done in the pros.

Comment

I was once hanging out at the Border with a Save Boone sticker that dg gave me on my back. Mannino taps me on the shoulder and asks if I have any more. I didn't, but I gave him the one I had, which he said he would put on his practice stick. I think that Boone has probably been on every helmet Mannino has had done in the pros.
                                Check out Manno's new Penguins pads, Boone as a Penguin

https://twitter.com/ManninoPeter/sta...843648/photo/1
                                DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Working...
                                X