This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red Light District

Yeah, I was in the Monty camp too, and would have been ok with Corkum as the head coach. But I just don't know if any of the coaches from that era commanded the respect of the players as it seems they have given Red. And that makes a huge difference, if you ask me.
    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Congratulations to Ben Hutton, Martin Ouellette and Devin Shore for being selected to the Hobey Baker ballot.

Comment

Had them winning under 20 games with 18 as the High and 14 as the low/picked them for 7th place in Hockey East. Gendron has changed the mindset in a hurry...and with amazing results...knew he could do it/just hoping that the players would buy into it...and why not winning is what its all about. Big weekend for Maine...a real test with #10 UML & #4 BC. Heard that Leen left the game last night in the 1st period and S.Swavely not in the lineup...Updates on Byron..?

Comment

I think All bear was the only one predicting great things from this years team, his win prediction was 20 something? I thought he was crazy . As the summer went along the more I heard about Red the more I liked the guy, just little things, but from those things I heard, I knew he was going to get this team turned around. I was never convinced Monty was the only guy, sure I thought he could work but I wanted a nat'l search and thought he was one of many that could work.

I'm still waiting for a road win in another teams building. That seems to be a monkey on their backs at this point. Hopefully that comes Friday night.

As to what I thought, I figured if they could get 6th place and improve conditioning, discipline and work ethic I'd be very happy. So far I'm very impressed, obviously Shore, Hutton and Marty really stand out. But Leen, Swavely, the Freshman line, Lonberg and others have impressed also. Incoming recruits sound promising.

They have exceeded my expectations for sure
          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Well yeah, but the road gets really bumpy from here on out. We seperate the boys from the men in the weeks ahead.....(cap'n obvious)
            sure why not

Comment

I just want to hear from all the knowledgeable posters who claimed at the beginning of the year that half of the roster needed to be cut and those players wouldn't make any other hockey east team

Comment

I echo what Wallly posted. My expectations were for improved work ethic, a grittier team and be a more enjoyable team to watch. Red has done an unbelievable job so far. The only thing I caution is don't let the current expectations exceed what is reality. This is still a work in progress. Red has put the team in a position to control it's own destiny. However, the next few weeks are going to prove very very difficult, esp for a team yet to win on the road. So while Red AND the players have brought the team back to respectability don't everyone go jumping off a bridge if the next few weeks don't pan out as hoped. Just remember what the last few years were like and know that the ship is headed in the right direction.

As someone who was also in the Monty camp.......Red>Monty!

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                  I'm still waiting for a road win in another teams building.
                  This is when (IMO) you'll know you have something going. There was a lot of beetching in the off-season thread about the quality of the home schedule, with a bunch of nobodies coming in. That's where most of the wins have come from. To be sure, this team looks much improved and the BC win looks great. Without going back through your whole schedule, how many others are there to point to?

Three consecutive road, league games against ranked opponents ahead. Looks like opportunity.
                  Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                    ....... Heard that Leen left the game last night in the 1st period and S.Swavely not in the lineup...Updates on Byron..?
                    Gendron refuses to release any information about injuries. If you know the player, he may tell you.

Comment

Is the team playing exceptional hockey right now? The answer is yes. Can they play better? The answer is yes. Where have they won and who did they beat? Completely irrelevant. They are doing the things they should be doing. Wins happen, loses happen, its a fine line in this game (see Quinnipiac and Vermont) and there is no need to put any type of pressure on these guys to perform. They are doing, by any stretch of the imagination, a very commendable job . There are many other teams in this league who should be playing so well.
                      sure why not

Comment

I want to say they'll finish fourth or higher, but I just don't see it. I think it's still too early, regardless of where they are now. I'd be happy with fifth or sixth, and I think that's where they will eventually settle.

I'll be happy to eat my words.
                        Go Maine!

Comment

• Originally posted by Mainehockeyman View Post
                          I just want to hear from all the knowledgeable posters who claimed at the beginning of the year that half of the roster needed to be cut and those players wouldn't make any other hockey east team
                          This sounds like the beginning of the Northeastern thread also.
                          Northeastern Huskies

Beanpot Champions: 2018, 2019
                          Hockey East Champions: 2016, 2019

Comment

Originally posted by SkinsFan09 View Post
                            This sounds like the beginning of the Northeastern thread also.
                            Very true, along with their coach.
                            Last edited by Runsub5; 01-15-2014, 09:50 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                              There are many other teams in this league who should be playing so well.
                              Including mine
                              Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                                Congratulations to Ben Hutton, Martin Ouellette and Devin Shore for being selected to the Hobey Baker ballot.
                                When I went on the site to vote, it claimed I had already voted in the last 24 hours and I hadn't. Has this happened to anybody else?

Comment

Working...
                                X