• Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red Light District

from the bc folks....

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-A...-no/LOL+BU.gif

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
      I guarantee you FSM made money, who knows with hockey east. This was a road game for Maine so it doesn't matter as much for them. The trouble I have with these is the views are terrible and the ice sucks, why have it there? Agganis is a great rink to watch a game in too, if the game would have been there instead of Fenway I definitely would have gone.

In better news, who on here would have thought Maine would be basically in second place on January 12th? I thought Maine would better than a lot of people, somwhere round about 5th, but definitely did not expect this.

Random question, does anyone know what the tiebreaker process is this year? I would think with only two games against each team and only a 20 game schedule it could get a bit tricky.
      Tie breakers are
      1 Head to head
      2 Conf wins
      3. Record vs #1, then #2,then #3 teams.....

Comment

Great game by Maine. Looking forward it looks like, and even though I don't like it, the exhibition could be great timing. My point is, with such a young team, this is a chance to get some of the guys on the bottom end of the squad some good game time. And a good opportunity to get the back up goalie Sullivan the start. Hoping some guys that may have lingering injuries get a rest. Good chance to get some quality time in for the bottom half of the line up.

Comment

I got into Fenway for about half the price is usually costs to get into Agganis.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
          43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
          104-47-14 (.669) in that time
          3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

So regardless of rain and how people may feel about outdoor hockey, I want to say that I thoroughly approved of the experience. I consider the last time I went to be the most fun I've ever had doing anything ever and this year was right up there. I learned from last time to purchase upper deck seats even though I apparently didn't have to (last time had a ticket checker). The rain was light enough to be unnoticeable especially after getting plenty lit during the delay. The water didn't seem to kill the puck too badly and it still looked very much like normal hockey.
            All in all, would go again.

edit: also, via Frozen Fenways, I have created 4 new Maine fans out of people who love the sport but went to D3 schools.
            Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

Wondering if we'll break into the top 20? Also a huge weekend for the boys. I think this is the weekend we get a road win!

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyman99 View Post
                Wondering if we'll break into the top 20? Also a huge weekend for the boys. I think this is the weekend we get a road win!
                Maine comes in at #19 this week in the poll.
                QUINNIPIAC UNIVERSITY BOBCATS

ECAC Regular Season Champions
                2013, 2015, 2016, 2019

ECAC Tournament Champions

NCAA Tournament
                2002, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2019

NCAA Frozen Four
                2013, 2016

https://www.bobcatshockeyblog.com/
                https://***********/QHockeyBlog
                https://www.instagram.com/bobcatshockeyblog/
                https://www.facebook.com/QHockeyBlog/

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeyman99 View Post
                  If Maine could pick up a win either at Lowell or BC, that would be huge.

Right now, Maine's knocking on the NCAA tournament door. But, 5 of their next 6 are on the road. Their season could swing in a big way (either direction) over the next 3 weeks.

I'll do my part at Notre Dame...
                  1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Plus a lot tougher competition coming up.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                      Hockey East with 8 teams in the top 20 ! Wow, can't remember that happening any time in the last few years.

Comment

Did anybody else see that the game tomorrow is going to be played on pink ice, in recognition of breast cancer awareness?

https://***********/BlackBearsWIH/st...254592/photo/1
                        Last edited by blackbearbandie; 01-13-2014, 05:49 PM.

Comment

Here's a link I found where a game had to be suspended after an hour long delay after conditions got so bad due to the pink paint an an AHL game. Hopefully we don't have back to back games with delays:

http://www.nhlsnipers.com/pink-ice-i...tonio-rampage/

Missouri State also (has a hockey team) had their ice sheet pink a few years ago and I found the picture of it on NESN.com

http://nesn.com/2011/10/missouri-sta...areness-photo/

Comment

Originally posted by QUAlum2004 View Post
                            Hallelujah!! This is fantastic. Congratulations to the Team, to Red, the guy that sharpens the skates, the Zamboni guys, all of 'em. I've had a good feeling that we'd crawl out of the sewer, up to the gutter and finally back on the street..... But I really didn't expect this to happen this soon. Look, I know we can be back out of the Top 20 like that (snap your fingers). But I gotta tell ya, I don't think Anyone expected this by 1/13/14. There's a long way to go, but this is major progress. Agree/disagree?

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                              Hallelujah!! This is fantastic. Congratulations to the Team, to Red, the guy that sharpens the skates, the Zamboni guys, all of 'em. I've had a good feeling that we'd crawl out of the sewer, up to the gutter and finally back on the street..... But I really didn't expect this to happen this soon. Look, I know we can be back out of the Top 20 like that (snap your fingers). But I gotta tell ya, I don't think Anyone expected this by 1/13/14. There's a long way to go, but this is major progress. Agree/disagree?
                              Well, I am very happy with the results. I am particularly happy with the apparent attention to detail on defense, to say the least. You asked if anyone expected this. My thought is obviously, Yes. Not me, or you, or any fan of the game. But Peter Metcalf has always been arguably the best Maine defensemen all time. He was part of the hiring panel. Now, given the attention to detail on defense, I am sure Peter saw this. Wouldn't it be something someday if Peter Metcalf could be an assistant coach. I mean, the captain that bled blue with the shamrock on shoulder, and **** near willed a team to a championship.

If I recall correctly, Metcalf had the most points as a defensemen in a year when a defensemen won the Hobey. Anyone know if Peter Metcalf is coaching now. Wouldn't that be something, to see Peter Metcalf become a coach someday for Maine.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                                Well, I am very happy with the results. I am particularly happy with the apparent attention to detail on defense, to say the least. You asked if anyone expected this. My thought is obviously, Yes. Not me, or you, or any fan of the game. But Peter Metcalf has always been arguably the best Maine defensemen all time. He was part of the hiring panel. Now, given the attention to detail on defense, I am sure Peter saw this. Wouldn't it be something someday if Peter Metcalf could be an assistant coach. I mean, the captain that bled blue with the shamrock on shoulder, and **** near willed a team to a championship.

If I recall correctly, Metcalf had the most points as a defensemen in a year when a defensemen won the Hobey. Anyone know if Peter Metcalf is coaching now. Wouldn't that be something, to see Peter Metcalf become a coach someday for Maine.
                                Pete coaches the Casco Bay Tier II Midget Major U18 Team

Comment

Working...
                                X