X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red Light District

Originally posted by Hockeyman99 View Post
    Game on?
    UML-Northeastern is now not televised on NESN because of the Noon start, but Maine-BU is.

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
      No news to the contrary yet and it's 10:23 am. It's already rained and stopped twice here this morning. I'm dying to see Maine kick B.U.'s arse this aft, but not at all anxious to sit in the rain and watch them do it.
      I live about 15 miles north of town and its pretty foggy up here, can't imagine people at the game are going to be able to see very much given how far the seats are away from the action. Hopefully after this whole mess they don't do it again.
      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
        UML-Northeastern is now not televised on NESN because of the Noon start, but Maine-BU is.
        UML-Northeastern game will be tape delayed and show at the completion of the Maine-BU game.

Comment

Originally posted by Allagash View Post
          You have no idea what this kid wants. This kid can change his mind at anytime, he can change sports he is playing at anytime. But most of what you say is hyperbole. I see a very very slim chance this kid who has been a stud playing hockey his whole life will change his mind and if he does then he does, hes not put in jail having to go to umaine. This kid is playing for arguably the best prep hockey school in maine as a 7th grader, starting. This is a chance worth taking for umaine has there is a very good chance he will be a great player and if not this kid gets a nice education out of it.
          Anyone can verbally commit to anything, anywhere. Wait...I verbally commit to Alabama to play football next year. Call the papers "44 Year old Maine man committs to play football at Alabama, will be oldest player in NCAA history" It means nothing.

Comment

According to the Northeastern radio broadcast the Maine game is "up in he air" right now. Glad I sold my tix to this.

Comment

• Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
              Anyone can verbally commit to anything, anywhere. Wait...I verbally commit to Alabama to play football next year. Call the papers "44 Year old Maine man committs to play football at Alabama, will be oldest player in NCAA history" It means nothing.
              Exactly. And you're not longer the oldest - I'm "49" and I'm committing to play the year after next. "Committing" to play a sport at a particular school without signing a letter of intent is like promising to get engaged to your girlfriend at some future date. You're not engaged but it may convince her just enough to keep giving up the goodies. This is merely a media grab, in my opinion. As others have stated, he may not even be playing hockey in six years, and this "commitment" certainly doesn't bind him to Maine. And the other thing that I haven't seen mentioned: there is no guarantee that he will continue to grow as a player (or in size). We've seen it plenty of times in the past where a young player progresses quickly, but then doesn't get any better. This is a virtual non-story to me.
              bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
              SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
              All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
              A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Is there any Injury Updates on: Brice O'Conner & Blaine Bryon...are they available for todays game/if played..?

Comment

“I definitely want to soak it up because you don’t get to do this very often." "Soak it up," a quote from Steve Swavely this morning in a Larry piece. If the game is played, by the looks of weather reports, everybody will be "soaked."

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/01/1...ey-sophomores/

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                    Is there any Injury Updates on: Brice O'Conner & Blaine Bryon...are they available for todays game/if played..?
                    Why would Red play them under these conditions?
                    I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                      The weather radar does not look overly threatening until later in the day when a solid line of heavy precip moves thru.

Comment

Originally posted by walrus View Post
                        I wasn't asking if Red was going to play them...I was asking if they were ok to play..ok..?

Comment

Originally posted by hobeyfaker View Post
                          The weather radar does not look overly threatening until later in the day when a solid line of heavy precip moves thru.
                          When I check weather.com, it shows a very heavy rain pattern right over Boston at around 3:45. Heavy as in torrential downpour. Why would any coach want to risk playing in such conditions?
                          What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                            I wasn't asking if Red was going to play them...I was asking if they were ok to play..ok..?
                            No Byron, O Connor yes, Campbell takes Byron spot on freshman line, top 2 lines back together, Norman, Jon Swavely and Cerratani on 4th line
                            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Game to start at 3:20

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
                                Game to start at 3:20
                                Looks like a line of showers coming thru shortly and then a break for a while before a deluge.

Comment

Working...
                                X