This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red Light District

Let's get ready for BU and think about all of the best moments in this historic rivalry... there are many.

One of my favorites(which isn't that old school) is Barrett Heisten flipping off the BU crowd at Walter Brown. What a lovable moment!

I encourage both Maine and BU fans to talk about their favorite moments. A trip down memory lane when both our programs didn't suck.

Comment

Best BU memories . McEacherans OT HE title winner at Garden . Prendergasts OT winner in Orono Maines first loss I believe that season in their two loss(?) season and of course the 95 title game with OSullivan shooting down the goalie after his goal

Comment

That was Maine's only loss of the season--they had two ties (42-1-2). I think Maine was ahead by four goals at one point, 6-2, which made the OT loss all the more painful. That was on a Friday night; the next night the Bears took care of business, defeated BU, won the HE title and skated around the rink displaying the trophy.

I guess my favorite Maine-BU moment was watching Jackie Parker get so ****ed off at something that he started throwing water bottles on the ice at the Alfond.

As I recall, McEachern's OT title winner at the Garden was a one-timer off a perfect (and very obvious) hand pass from the corner to the high slot.

Comment

Originally posted by Hockeypuck View Post
          Not recent history....the last 5 years they are 48-50-15 after the break.
          Thing is, that was a big improvement over what Tim's teams had accomplished in the 1st half of those seasons, more often than not.

Comment

• Originally posted by dwollstadt View Post

I guess my favorite Maine-BU moment was watching Jackie Parker get so ****ed off at something that he started throwing water bottles on the ice at the Alfond.
            Was that the night Jackie's classy assts were trying to climb over the glass to punch out some fans.
            I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

One of my fav moments was when Scott Pellerin leveled Kaj Llina (sp?) , picked up the puck and, in what seemed like one motion, rifled it past McKersie (?) at Walter Brown. The crowd was stunned, maybe even shocked This would have been 1991 maybe ?

Or maybe it was P Karyia making a perfect assist from his knees in the corner, also at Walter Brown.
              Last edited by all bear; 01-09-2014, 05:53 AM.
              sure why not

Comment

My favs...
                Brian Gionta scoring 5 goals in the first period against Maine at Conte in 2001.
                Nathan Gerbe breaking thumbs, wrists, hands, arms, legs, backs and heart, every time he faced BU.
                'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Even if we got shut out, I loved the boxing match that was the second home game in '07. I remember Whitehead nearly fought Hansen at our tunnel after the game. According to him he was "trying to help Scott fit his big head though the door."
                  Me: ...but why would anyone want to vacation here? There are better mountains in NH and VT, beaches in Cape Cod and RI, and colonial landmarks in Mass and CT.

Boss: You've got it all wrong. It's Vacationland because nobody would ever want to live here for more than a week.

Go MAINE! My sometimes home

Comment

• Frozen Fenway moved to noon and 3.

http://boston.redsox.mlb.com/news/ar...r_bos&c_id=bos
                    Last edited by blackbear80; 01-09-2014, 12:36 PM.

Comment

One of my faves was back in the old days, when Semler was coaching, Jim Tortorella was the goalie, and we had the likes of Gary Conn, Rob Zamejc, Andre Aubut, Dwight Montgomery, Dave Ellis, Joe Crespi and such playing, probably 1979, '80-81, sometime around there. . At the Alfond, BU took like a 6-0 lead after the first, but Maine kept fighting back all night and eventually won 8-7. My first or second season watching Black Bear hockey, and what a way to make a fan.
                      What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

So we get B.U. Saturday at Frozen Fenway. Went to B.U. - Dartmouth last night at Agganis. Dartmouth 4-2. Was 5-2 for a moment but the 5th Big Green goal got waived off. Something is drastically wrong at B.U. It's not easily identifiable. Some blame DQ. Some point at certain players. Whatever it is, it's not gonna get turned around by Saturday's game at Fenway vs Maine, or any time soon after that. Roberto and Rodrigues didn't play last night. Kurker played his second game in a row after being on the 60 day Dead List. Maguire was awful in net against one of the worst D-1 teams in the country. And he didn't seem to care. I don't think Dartmouth has one NHL draftee. Tried to look it up on ECACHockey.com. It has to be one of the worst websites in all of hockey. The whole B.U. thing is bizarre. The box says attendance was 3310. ANFW. Not even close. The kids must still be on Christmas break because there were NONE there. None. I'm not thinking the Terriers are going to rise from the ashes and give the Black Bears alot of trouble. Looking very forward to seeing you Black Bear fans Saturday.

Comment

Maine gets a commit from a 7th grader....Oliver Wahlstrom from NYA. https://***********/OTBPuckWatch .......wish I had paid better attention. North Yarmouth Academy just played @ RPI's Houston Field House this past weekend.
                          Last edited by turk181; 01-09-2014, 11:24 PM.
                          Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/coll...north-yarmouth

Article on Wahlstrom's commitment to Maine. Figured I should post in here in case some people don't check the recruiting thread. 13 year old ('00) committing is a big deal. First in the NCAA.
                            https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                            Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Committing at 13?? That is plain ridiculous. Same thing is happening in NCAA football. Shouldn't be allowed. At 13 the only thing they should be committing to is working on their skills and being a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                                Committing at 13?? That is plain ridiculous. Same thing is happening in NCAA football. Shouldn't be allowed. At 13 the only thing they should be committing to is working on their skills and being a kid.
                                He can sign in Canada at 15, and could go to Sweden like yesterday. Should college teams just sit on their hands and hope he chooses to go to college?

Comment

Working...
                                X