X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red Light District

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
    They probably had him and Morgan mixed up. The line looked a lot less potent with Norman instead of Byron.
    IMO, Byron is easily the standout among the young guys, and perhaps the best all-around player Maine has.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
      IMO, Byron is easily the standout among the young guys, and perhaps the best all-around player Maine has.
      Hopefully its not a injury that keeps him out for long if anytime at all,as we don't know the extent of the injury...the line of Morgan/Brown/Bryon is high energy and seems to be a real breakout line...they look good together...they work well as a unit.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
        "Progress", as in garnering a few points away from the Alfond this season...

(I wasn't thinking that the gist of my comment was going to be so hard to grasp for a couple of you; my bad on that one.)
        Hey...I got what you were saying hence the after my comment. I'm not as look as you think dumb I am.

Comment

It looks like Connecticut is going to be hit hard with a big snow storm at the end of the week when Maine is set to play Quinnipiac next year. I wonder how disruptive it will be for their travel and practice routine when they get there in preparation for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
            It looks like Connecticut is going to be hit hard with a big snow storm at the end of the week when Maine is set to play Quinnipiac next year. I wonder how disruptive it will be for their travel and practice routine when they get there in preparation for the game.
            the game is too important.umaine will get there..........need points for pairwise

Comment

Looks like jimmy howard will be on the Sochi team but ben bishop was left off.

Comment

Bishop really seems to be playing well enough to have made it. It would have been cool to have two former Maine goalies in the Olympics. It wouldn't have been the first time for two Maine goalies to be on the same team for an Olympics of course, because Garth Snow and Mike Dunham accomplished that 20 years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by fiqure8 View Post
                  the game is too important.umaine will get there..........need points for pairwise
                  If they're not here already they'll be driving right into the storm tomorrow. The forecast is for light snow to start early tomorrow morning, taper off, and then the worst to hit overnight tomorrow into Friday morning with 6-10" of snow, sub-zero windchills, and strong winds predicted.

I do know from past experience that as long as both teams and the refs can make it to the Bank, they will play the game.
                  Quinnipiac Bobcats
                  2023 National Champions
                  ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                  ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                  East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                  Northeast Regional:
                  West Regional: 2015, 2021
                  Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                  Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Kacey Bellamy (Rob's sister), is on the Olympic team. She won silver in 2010 and won Gold in the World Championships in 2013. She played for UNH in college.

Comment

Bishop really seems to be playing well enough to have made it. It would have been cool to have two former Maine goalies in the Olympics. It wouldn't have been the first time for two Maine goalies to be on the same team for an Olympics of course, because Garth Snow and Mike Dunham accomplished that 20 years ago!
                      Definitely... (Bish made a lot of great saves for Maine back in the day, but his penchant for wandering far from his crease resulted in way too many softies.)

Seems as though somebody has coached him up a bit in the meantime; he's 20-2-3 in regulation this year, with a 1.89 GAA and a .935 SV%.

That's pretty tough to beat, and Teddy shows-up on the score-sheet as often as not, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkEagleUSA View Post
                        If they're not here already they'll be driving right into the storm tomorrow. The forecast is for light snow to start early tomorrow morning, taper off, and then the worst to hit overnight tomorrow into Friday morning with 6-10" of snow, sub-zero windchills, and strong winds predicted.

I do know from past experience that as long as both teams and the refs can make it to the Bank, they will play the game.
                        According to twitter Maine just left, not going to be a fun ride.
                        Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                        Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by Drew S. View Post
                          According to twitter Maine just left, not going to be a fun ride.
                          As of noon, it's just a light snow with almost no accumulation. The forecast is for the heavy stuff to start later tonight so hopefully they'll be in town before that. For now, they're saying everything should taper off midday tomorrow.
                          Quinnipiac Bobcats
                          2023 National Champions
                          ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                          ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                          East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions), 2024
                          Northeast Regional:
                          West Regional: 2015, 2021
                          Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                          Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

So what do we think of Creech? http://bangordailynews.com/2014/01/0...-of-athletics/

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                              Seems to have an impresive resume. We'll see how he likes walking across campus on a day like today!!

Comment

Originally posted by Allagash View Post
                                Looks like jimmy howard will be on the Sochi team but ben bishop was left off.

Jimmy may not get much ice time game time behind Quick and Miller.

Comment

Working...
                                X