This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red Light District

Hope you guys have a hell of a 2nd half as that would be a big plus for UVM...

Comment

Didn't have the time to watch the game today, but 1-0-1 in Florida looks like progress to me... Let's hope that the guys build on this weekend. (I think that they will.)

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
        On video anyway, Princeton looked huge. And they weren't afraid to hit. EZAC has come a long way in the last 5 years.
        No such thing as the EZAC anymore; that conference is at least as good as HE right now, and the same goes (more or less) for every conference across the country.

Every team needs to show up for every game right now; there are no easy-pickings to be had these days.

Comment

Any UPDATE'S on the injurys to Blaine Bryon vs Princeton and Brice O'Conner who did not return after the 1st period of last nights game vs Cornell..?

Comment

Originally posted by whatever View Post
            I learned a little Maine history today. In 1854, the townspeople of Ellsworth, ME tarred and feathered the man who became the 1st President of Boston College.

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/mcnamar...aine-1854.html
            Awesome. It would appear as though that's the same gentleman that John Bapst High School is named for, as their website states they were "named for a nineteenth-century Swiss Jesuit priest and missionary".

As a local boy (Brewer graduate) I always knew there was another reason I didn't like Bapst...
            You know you go to UMaine if...

...you think Bananas is a good name for a giant bear.
            ...you would riot after hockey games but its too darn cold.
            ...you think hockey is the only sport that matters.
            ...you hate UNH.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
              Didn't have the time to watch the game today, but 1-0-1 in Florida looks like progress to me... Let's hope that the guys build on this weekend. (I think that they will.)
              Well I don't know if 1-0-1 is progress since they were 2-0 the last 2 tourneys.. But yes a win and a tie "on the road" so to speak is a good showing. Albeit a win against the 2nd worst team in the country....but a win is a win. I'd like to see them string a little unbeaten streak together to start the 2nd 1/2.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maineiak View Post
                Awesome. It would appear as though that's the same gentleman that John Bapst High School is named for, as their website states they were "named for a nineteenth-century Swiss Jesuit priest and missionary".
                It's kind of amusing that Kimball Union incorrectly has John Bapst High School as "John Baptist" High School on Whitehead's bio.

"Prior to his position at Maine, Whitehead was the Head Coach at the University of Massachusetts Lowell, and also served as an Assistant Coach at UMass Lowell, Maine, and Middlebury College. *Prior to that, he taught history and social studies at St Gregory The Great School in Hamilton, NJ and at John Baptist High School in Bangor, ME. Whitehead played professional hockey in Europe before starting his teaching & coaching career. *He earned his undergraduate degree at Hamilton College and his Master's degree in Education at the University of Maine, graduating*summa cum laude.*"

http://www.kua.org/podium/default.aspx?t=127938

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                  Didn't have the time to watch the game today, but 1-0-1 in Florida looks like progress to me......
                  Progress? Maine has won the Florida Classic tournament the previous two consecutive years.

Comment

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                    Any UPDATE'S on the injurys to Blaine Bryon vs Princeton and Brice O'Conner who did not return after the 1st period of last nights game vs Cornell..?
                    According to the PPH write up, Byron played vs. Cornell. Mentions an opportunity he had in the third period to score.

Comment

• Originally posted by gscott13 View Post
                      According to the PPH write up, Byron played vs. Cornell. Mentions an opportunity he had in the third period to score.
                      They probably had him and Morgan mixed up. The line looked a lot less potent with Norman instead of Byron.
                      Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                      Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Latest from Bangor Daily:

Gendron feels UMaine hockey team took another positive step in Florida College Classic
                        By Larry Mahoney, BDN Staff
                        Posted Dec. 30, 2013, at 3:48 p.m.

http://bangordailynews.com/2013/12/3...llege-classic/

Originally posted by Ma#1ne Hky View Post
                        From article:

"Gendron said he is unsure of the availability of freshman right wing Blaine Byron and senior defenseman and captain Brice O’Connor.

Byron got hurt in a game against Princeton and didn’t play against Cornell, and O’Connor suffered an injury early in the Cornell game and didn’t return.

Gendron would not disclose the nature of the injuries."
                        Last edited by blackbearbandie; 12-30-2013, 02:59 PM.

Comment

Hey, got to agree with Red....that was a huge and skilled Cornell team with great goaltending. Maine went to war with those monsters and didn't give an inch. Really like the way they did not quit...another giant step forward.
                          sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by DoubleA View Post
                            Jumping ahead a little, the USCHO site shows Maine-Quinnipiac on 1/3/14 on NESN at 7 PM. The Hockey East composite TV schedule lists nothing on NESN that night. Anyone know which is correct?
                            The Maine/Quinnipiac game on January 3rd is indeed on NESN at 7:00 PM. Quinnipiac also offers a free Internet You Tube feed of all of their home games. It is taken off their video scoreboard and is not the same as can be seen on NESN, however it is not a bad production for free.
                            The audio is provided by the radio broadcast.
                            You can find the link at www.quinnipiacbobcats.com
                            Last edited by maineiac; 12-30-2013, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Would be a heck of a time to grab that first road win

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                              43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                              104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                              3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Originally posted by Runsub5 View Post
                                Progress? Maine has won the Florida Classic tournament the previous two consecutive years.
                                "Progress", as in garnering a few points away from the Alfond this season...

(I wasn't thinking that the gist of my comment was going to be so hard to grasp for a couple of you; my bad on that one.)
                                Last edited by Fishman'81; 12-31-2013, 01:37 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X