This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine Hockey 2013-2014 - Red Light District

Make that 4 goals from the front of the crease. O'Connor refuses to clear the net front and is in no man's land watching the play.

4-2 NU

I suppose with defense like this Maine has no business being in the ncaa playoffs anyways. ???

Comment

Good timeout. Draw up a play and pull the goalie for the extra attacker. Send Lomberg to the net front. Look for a garbage goal I guess.

Comment

OK, sorry. Send two black bears to the net for the garbage goal.

4-3 NU

Comment

Well that wasn't one of Maine's best games defensively. Congrats to NU on the win.

Comment

Wow. How can the D just let players camp out in front of the net and score goal after goal. With that type of horrid D they won't have to worry about making it to the Gardin' let alone the NCAA's. Chrizzt another weekend like this and they'll be in the ole 1 and done game.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
              Well that wasn't one of Maine's best games defensively. Congrats to NU on the win.
              Stop being so nice the defense was putrid. If they'd done their job Neastern would've had 1 goal, not 4. I don't expect this team to compete for a NC but play some freaking fundamental defense and stop watching your goalie do all the work.

Comment

• Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                Stop being so nice the defense was putrid. If they'd done their job Neastern would've had 1 goal, not 4. I don't expect this team to compete for a NC but play some freaking fundamental defense and stop watching your goalie do all the work.
                O'Connor really owes the team next weekend. As bad a game as he probably has played in his life.
                Originally posted by BobbyBrady
                Crosby probably wouldn't even be on BC's top two lines next year

Comment

Originally posted by BlackI View Post
                  During the broadcast the color guy mentioned dipsy doodle when describing the play. Made me think of the dipsy-doodle twins from a while back where the one defending their style of play the most was rufus. Took us a while to get him to cheer for other players. For the longest time it would be hey why can't these guys dipsy-doodle like the twins used to..
                  Wait a minute, I object. I believe I was the one who coined the "dipsy-doodle twins" phrase.
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Maybe Red should pull a Jimmy and start his backup 'tender, since his players are just standing around in front of him expecting him to bail out their azzes time after time. Smack it into their heads that they have to play in front of him too, not just stand there and watch.
                    What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014...st-recap-score

Tough weekend for Maine
                      https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                      Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Looks like they could finish anywhere from 2-8. Next Saturday night should be nuts in the league.

Good news is the next two are at home, and if they take care of those the two after that are at home too. Possibly 4 home games for the Garden and an NCAA berth? I'll take it.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                        43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                        104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                        3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Get ready for another League REVIEW on a NON penalty call...Huttons hit on Szmatula or as they stated in the article...a collision...NU Coach Madigan said he'd let the "LEAGUE" take care of it...but he was not happy.

Comment

For sure Northeastern is a skilled team, and take nothing away from them for that, but I wonder how much psychological factors had to do with it. Northeastern was down a few guys, and Maine was down Lomberg on Friday and then he came back for last night. Yeah, I was mad that Lomberg had to sit at all, but the fact is he's really only one man, regardless of how good he is. If the team thought they could let their guard down just because they had back on the ice one of their better offensive players they saw the result of what would happen with the wrong attitude. They started the game way too slow and weren't able to dig themselves out of the early two goal deficit, and the defense wasn't covering like they should.

Comment

Originally posted by blackbearbandie View Post
                              For sure Northeastern is a skilled team, and take nothing away from them for that, but I wonder how much psychological factors had to do with it. Northeastern was down a few guys, and Maine was down Lomberg on Friday and then he came back for last night. Yeah, I was mad that Lomberg had to sit at all, but the fact is he's really only one man, regardless of how good he is. If the team thought they could let their guard down just because they had back on the ice one of their better offensive players they saw the result of what would happen with the wrong attitude. They started the game way too slow and weren't able to dig themselves out of the early two goal deficit, and the defense wasn't covering like they should.
                              It comes down to they have to be the hardest working team on the ice all the time,they have no room for error...winning the loose puck battles/blocking shots/keeping the passing lanes shutdown and a fore-check is what will keep this team in the games most of the time.

Comment

I think that the creme is rising to the top so to speak. Gendron has worked a minor miracle this season and Ouelette had saved Maine's *ss numerous times.........but the fact is that Maine is still a few players short of elite status in the league and old habits die hard. Next season will be interesting.......new goaltending to break in and a lot of new faces. They may take one more step back before moving forward.
                                Last edited by umhockey91; 02-23-2014, 07:54 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X