2014 UNH Wildcats: Ending Strong and Starting Fresh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 UNH Wildcats: Ending Strong and Starting Fresh

With a nice win against Dartmouth on Sunday, the 'Cats move into final week, and on to a much needed physical and mental break. A good time to start a fresh thread and put first semester in the rear view.

Let's head into the Christmas season with positive thoughts about this team, and look forward to the part of the season that really counts - the Hockey East race.

Here's to a successful 2014!
    "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Re: 2014 UNH Wildcats: Ending Strong and Starting Fresh

I see the other thread has miraculously disappeared.
    Not sure if it was the Friends folks or Athletics that came up with the "fan tunnel", but hope it becomes a regular tradition - pumped up both the fans and the players, the latter of whom skated on to the ice with big smiles on their faces. Imagine if we had had that for the Harvard NCAA Quarterfinal game? Goosebumps. Well done to whoever it was.
    "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
    Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
    NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
    EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
    AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
    1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
      Not sure if it was the Friends folks or Athletics that came up with the "fan tunnel", but hope it becomes a regular tradition - pumped up both the fans and the players, the latter of whom skated on to the ice with big smiles on their faces. Imagine if we had had that for the Harvard NCAA Quarterfinal game? Goosebumps. Well done to whoever it was.
      To my knowledge, the idea came from a current player's dad (left name off intentionally) He is the one that usually approaches us about it.

Comment

Originally posted by UNHKazooMonkey View Post
        To my knowledge, the idea came from a current player's dad (left name off intentionally) He is the one that usually approaches us about it.
        Indeed. henri and I helped this parent put it into action. We will certainly be doing it again, as well as other thing that we have up our sleeves for the second half of the season.

Can't forget to include whoop87 with helping as well.
        Last edited by Lancer; 12-09-2013, 12:19 PM.

Comment

"Miraculous" alright.

It tends to happen around here if Big Brother (quite possibly with the help of snitching little bros and sisters) thinks that something is not politically correct according to their own very subjective scale. Of course you should be completely mindful (not to mention grateful) that it is all for your own good...so it's not snitching...it's more like...ummm...a public service.

Which would lead one to conclude that Big Brother (and possibly little bros and sisters, the helpful little elves that they are) must have been completely asleep at the wheel with respect to the infamous Brown thread. Either that or they were enjoying it so much that they completely forgot about their higher public duty...in which case we should forgive them because, after all, they're just frail humanoids like the rest of us.

This post will disintegrate in 30 seconds.

Comment

Ha - Nice try at implicating invading Martians and other undesireables, but alas, I started the thread in the Fall to welcome a new season with new promise. With the events of the last week and a half eclipsing the purpose of my starting the thread in the first place, which was to celebrate another year of UNH Women's Hockey, I wanted to start over on a good note (2 - 1 win over Dartmouth) and look optimistically forward to the new year.

Not really "i'm taking my ball and leaving", more like "The ball had a hole in it - here's another one."
            "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

"fan tunnel", but hope it becomes a regular tradition - pumped up both the fans and the players, the latter of whom skated on to the ice with big smiles on their faces.
              Didn't see this in the live video. Did you do this underneath in the hallway or where?? I did see Santa greeting players!

Comment

Originally posted by puckskillz View Post
                Didn't see this in the live video. Did you do this underneath in the hallway or where?? I did see Santa greeting players!
                Fans surrounded the tunnel in the stands as the team came out for the start of the second.
                Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2

Women's Hockey
                EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
                  Ha - Nice try at implicating invading Martians and other undesireables, but alas, I started the thread in the Fall to welcome a new season with new promise. With the events of the last week and a half eclipsing the purpose of my starting the thread in the first place, which was to celebrate another year of UNH Women's Hockey, I wanted to start over on a good note (2 - 1 win over Dartmouth) and look optimistically forward to the new year.

Not really "i'm taking my ball and leaving", more like "The ball had a hole in it - here's another one."
                  I'm guessing there will be no tolerance for use of the "M" word going forward then?

Too bad, but I guess I understand.
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Too bad, but I guess I understand.
                    Check yer rep~

Comment

"Undesireables"...good word...wish I would have thought of that one. Invading Martians I probably wouldn't have much of a problem with...how much you figure we could scalp tickets to them for, to a decent game?

At any rate, I am quite happy to sit corrected (sort of) on this particular one and good of you to come forward.

Comment

"i'm taking my ball and leaving", more like "The ball had a hole in it - here's another one."
                        I love this saying!

Comment

Yes, UNH has such a proud history in women's hockey that we should all cut them ample slack at this juncture.

(After appreciating Harvard's latest victory over UNH I became aware of the lifetime record in the series and yikes! it's going to take decades for Harvard to catch up....)

Comment

Originally posted by Watson Rink View Post
                            (After appreciating Harvard's latest victory over UNH I became aware of the lifetime record in the series and yikes! it's going to take decades for Harvard to catch up....)
                            I guess Bertagna is a better commissioner than coach then?
                            EDIT: New Hampshire ahead 28-15-4 per a UNH press release (adjusted to reflect UNH's most recent loss)
                            Last edited by ClOuD 9; 12-09-2013, 08:49 PM.
                            Men's Hockey

Women's Hockey
                            1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

Great news for the Wildcats to be the host school for the 2016 Frozen Four. Great location and venue. Great incentive girls to be working the tourney on the ice!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X