Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats - Marty Scarano

Originally posted by Aerman View Post
    Sonar may be right, but I was kinda thinking "fairly raucous" might be a positive contributing factor to the "fabulous day." If everybody is a little to chill, where's the fabulous?
    agreed

Comment

So, how were BS35+1's new lights? Or, was that earlier in the season?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
        New lights related or not I don't know, but the Athletic Department is cranking out football ticket deal emails at a furious pace. Night games do not appeal to me as much as nice crisp warm fall sun afternoon games. I was and am still in favor of the lights, but not as likely to attend late afternoon, night games as early afternoon games.
        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
          New lights related or not I don't know, but the Athletic Department is cranking out football ticket deal emails at a furious pace. Night games do not appeal to me as much as nice crisp warm fall sun afternoon games. I was and am still in favor of the lights, but not as likely to attend late afternoon, night games as early afternoon games.
          Night games would work really early in the year in September but once October hits...it gets a little too cold at night to bring out the family
          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

The lights are first class. The attendance thus far is exceptional. The new stadium will be great. The recruiting will be easier. The football team may be the first male team to win a NC for UNH.

Comment

Originally posted by sonar View Post
              The lights are first class. The attendance thus far is exceptional. The new stadium will be great. The recruiting will be easier. The football team may be the first male team to win a NC for UNH.
              Agreed. No disrespect at all to hockey, but there seems to be quite a momentum shift behind football right now.
              UNH

Comment

Remember the days when we were a hockey school?
                "...On To Victory, Forever Blue & White..."
                Men's Hockey

ECAC Regular Season: 1 • ECAC Tournament: 1 • Hockey East Regular Season: 8 • Hockey East Tournament: 2
                NCAA Appearances: 22 • Frozen Fours: 7 • 1999 & 2003 NCAA Runner Up

Women's Hockey
                EAIAW Champions: 4 • ECAC Regular Season: 3 • ECAC Tournament: 5 • Hockey East Regular Season: 6 • Hockey East Tournament: 4
                AWCHA Final Fours: 2 • NCAA Appearances: 5 • Frozen Fours: 2 • 1999 Runner Up
                1998 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS

Comment

• Originally posted by ClOuD 9 View Post
                  Remember the days when we were a hockey school?
                  Hey, it can happen again. :-)

Comment

Me thinks our fault finding has passed the overreaction stage. Call wolf too many times and nobody pays attention when the critter shows up. Read that somewhere one time.
                    I agree with your sentiment but made a slight adjustment to your post. This thread jumped the shark a long time ago. In fact, after reading the story about Andrew Silsby in Fosters the other I checked out this thread. Figured for sure one of the haters on here would find a negative and blame it on the AD.

Bush/Obama Derangement Syndrome has been replaced by Scarano Derangement Syndrome.
                    UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

• Originally posted by Felger View Post
                      I agree with your sentiment but made a slight adjustment to your post. This thread jumped the shark a long time ago. In fact, after reading the story about Andrew Silsby in Fosters the other I checked out this thread. Figured for sure one of the haters on here would find a negative and blame it on the AD.

Bush/Obama Derangement Syndrome has been replaced by Scarano Derangement Syndrome.
                      Could NOT agree more.
                      Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

Witt shoots to make hockey fun again at New Hampshire:
                        http://www.uscho.com/2014/10/16/witt...#ixzz3GJWp6MYY

I think the academics speaks for itself, Witt said. We’ve had a lot of kids be very successful through academics here, very successful careers, and I think that’s the most important thing. Of course, the campus is absolutely gorgeous. I think the thing that really sticks out about UNH is the people. It’s a really close-knit community, where people care about hockey, they care about each other, they care about UNH athletics, and they care about UNH as a whole. I think that makes it really unique in a lot of ways, where you have the support of the community for a women’s sport.
                        I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                          For the uninformed, Silsby is a 13 yr. old kid from our town who was "adopted" by the UNH Men's Hockey team last year, in conjunction with an organization named Friends of Jaclyn, which is a national organization that provides "love, support and friendship" to children living with brain tumors. Kids like Andrew are "adopted" by various college sports teams across the country. In UNH's case, the Men's Hockey team (through efforts headed up by the family of a recently graduated player) reached out to Andrew's family.

http://www.unhwildcats.com/sports/mi...by_andrew_e1dw

I'm not sure how anyone could be "blamed" for something like this ... but certainly Coach Umile, his staff, his players (this year and last year) and their families ALL deserve a ton of credit for their involvement and commitment to this very worthy cause.
                          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

It's like a kid with a new toy. It seems that they are trying to make excuses to use the lights. There is not a single game at the traditional noon start this year, with 12:30 being the earliest. There are no consistent kickoffs.

In fact, I haven't tailgated this year due to this, because the later games conflict with my buddy's soccer games.

How has it affected tailgate times? They used to consistently let us on the field at about 7:30 for a noon game. Silly me for hoping UNH would extend tailgating for later games, because I noted for the Darty game that nobody was on Boulder around noon.
                            113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by Scott View Post
                              Agreed. No disrespect at all to hockey, but there seems to be quite a momentum shift behind football right now.
                              Think about it... current students likely don't remember the Patriots ever being bad, with Belichick's first year being the worst. They grew up with football.
                              113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Working...
                              X