UNH Wildcats - Marty Scarano

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats - Marty Scarano

Many questions like yours remain wildcatdc.....from day one of this affair, nothing has added up correctly, if as the saying goes," just the facts Ma'am"! As I previously wrote, it seems that the game of Telephone is being played, where the original occurrence has become * je ne sais quoi*? The problem with all of this is that a great coach and helluva nice guy has his career and life compromised, with our proud team tradition tarnished....why?

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
      Many questions like yours remain wildcatdc.....from day one of this affair, nothing has added up correctly, if as the saying goes," just the facts Ma'am"! As I previously wrote, it seems that the game of Telephone is being played, where the original occurrence has become * je ne sais quoi*? The problem with all of this is that a great coach and helluva nice guy has his career and life compromised, with our proud team tradition tarnished....why?
      As a Denver alum, without a dog in the show, I womder the same thing. There's got to be a hidden agenda. Grabbing the facemask--2 to 4 game suspension. But 4 incixtments, seems way put out of line.

What's going on?
      GO DU !!!

Comment

WOW!!!!!!........If Coach Mac got indicted for a relatively tame "event" like that, I should be on death row for my behavior with Compuware Mite AAA team years ago (the puzzled look on those munchkin
        little critters was priceless!) Ya know, if someone out there has such a hard on for a women's hockey coach, they may just be capable of anything. Here's hoping that Coach Mac's legal braintrust goes
        for the juggular and brings home a nice, tidy sum..................he sure deserves it for the muck thy've dragged him through!!!

Fricker in Michigan

Comment

• Originally posted by FRICKER
          Here's hoping that Coach Mac's legal braintrust goes
          for the juggular and brings home a nice, tidy sum..................he sure deserves it for the muck thy've dragged him through!!!

Fricker in Michigan
          Agreed; this one will never go to court, but could cost UNH a few million to settle. Idiots!

Comment

Does anyone know if the player involved in the McCloskey incident (Haley Breedlove) is still an active member of the team?

Comment

Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
              What confuses me is that if 22 people are in complete agreement, how is there an indictment? And how is she not being held accountable for a false accusation/lying to police?
              See now you have to go to the grand jury system of getting indictments. None of those 22 people were called to testify. It is a one sided affair. The state comes in and presents the evidence it has that a crime has been committed. The grand jury then determines if there is a preponderance of the evidence that a crime has been committed. The standard is, is it more likely true than not or did the State get 51% of the way there. So the state has to get 51% with no rebuttal from anybody to get the indictment.

Hence the “I could get them to indict a ham sandwich” legal aphorism reference grand juries.

The system keeps out the most outrageous of charges. The concept was created to prevent "the crown" from charging you for murder when no crime was committed at all.
              "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Originally posted by New Hampshire 'Cats Fan View Post
                Does anyone know if the player involved in the McCloskey incident (Haley Breedlove) is still an active member of the team?
                Not only still on the team, but apparently her 3 goals in 2 years has earned her a full scholarship. At least, that's the rumor around town. People are speculating...using the word "payoff" frequently. Quite a rebound for a kid that Scarano personally lobbied McClosky to keep on the team for Title IX (headcount) purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by ExHockeyguy View Post
                  Not only still on the team, but apparently her 3 goals in 2 years has earned her a full scholarship. At least, that's the rumor around town. People are speculating...using the word "payoff" frequently. Quite a rebound for a kid that Scarano personally lobbied McClosky to keep on the team for Title IX (headcount) purposes.
                  Perhaps the most infuriating aspect of this whole sorry saga. Who ever said the appeasement strategy was dead?

In retrospect, it's easy to see how the player may have gotten the wrong message from BS35+1's earlier intervention.

At this rate, I'm sure the player will wear an "A" next season, a "C" as a senior, and have her number retired upon graduation.

Thank goodness our AD has over 35 years' experience in leading the University through such tangled issues.
                  Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                  Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

Why am I not surprised that she's still on the roster and getting a free ride. Maybe U Maine's paying the tab, eh?

Comment

Spring trial likely for former UNH coach:

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll...S_01/140819532
                      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
                        Spring trial likely for former UNH coach:

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll...S_01/140819532
                        Spring 2016....long time from now
                        Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                          Spring 2016....long time from now
                          Must be a typo, but I still think that this thing will settle before a trial.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                            Must be a typo, but I still think that this thing will settle before a trial.
                            Not a typo ... that's how long these things can take. Hopefully it gets thrown out, as it should.
                            Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
                            Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
                              Not a typo ... that's how long these things can take. Hopefully it gets thrown out, as it should.
                              Actually, I meant to write that the article says spring 2015, not spring 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                                Actually, I meant to write that the article says spring 2015, not spring 2016.
                                still, how long do these things get drawn out before you have to invoke the right to a speedy trial?
                                BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
                                Skating Friar Jersey
                                AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
                                UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
                                Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

Working...
                                X