Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats - Marty Scarano

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
    TODAY is the deadline to get a tix to this prestigious event...if you call 800-891-1195 or visit http://www.unhconnect.unh.edu/lakes2014 you might still be able to go...that's the info on our info we got (hubby is an alum). We still might go too...checking it out as we speak..

It appears they are still taking registrations here; I'm amazed I know a few people on the "list" but then again we do live in the Lakes Region so I'm not that surprised. We've had the invite on the fridge for awhile; when hubby gets home I'll see if he still wants to go.
    Stay classy. Not UMassy.
    I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
      Stay classy. Not UMassy.
      Gotcha. We did register then I find out it's hubby's golf night but I'll go to see some people I know on the list. Actually am very proud of our UNH connections and was actually trying to be helpful..I know better!
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

• Originally posted by Darius View Post
        Stay classy. Not UMassy.
        Hey, easy there bub.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
          Gotcha. We did register then I find out it's hubby's golf night but I'll go to see some people I know on the list. Actually am very proud of our UNH connections and was actually trying to be helpful..I know better!
          It was a PSA. I bolded from your post as a subject line. Nothing personal.

This looks to be a great event and location.
          Last edited by Darius; 04-30-2014, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Stay classy. Not UMassy.
            Hey, easy there bub.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
              And, I suspect that there will be "break-throughs" in the Cowell expansion project rolled out at the appropriate times in an attempt to mask other "bad news" revelations over the next few months.
              Absolutely, positively see this happening. Either that or another extension of Coach McDonnell's contract.

We'll know he's getting desperate when BS35 announces an extension of Coach Umile's (lifetime) contract.
              Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
              Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

"A vote of this nature is a tactic used in a difficult labor dispute," Huddleston said. "It represents the level of frustration faculty feel about not having a contract, and their concern for the future of the University in uncertain times. I know the faculty themselves are divided on the merits of this voting process – organized by one of the negotiating parties, on a rushed schedule, with hundreds of faculty not eligible to vote, and my testimony to the Senate Finance Committee misrepresented by the AAUP leadership."

"Out of the approximately 420 faculty members who were eligible to vote, 202 did so. There were 129 votes of "no confidence" and 72 votes of "confidence."

http://www.tnhonline.com/unh-profess...7#.U2GlddhOW00
                Well I'm glad you clarified what that all entailed... I have no truck with the Prez. We've been very happy with the education both of our kids have received at the U FWIW dept!
                I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

"A vote of this nature is a tactic used in a difficult labor dispute," Huddleston said. "It represents the level of frustration faculty feel about not having a contract, and their concern for the future of the University in uncertain times. I know the faculty themselves are divided on the merits of this voting process – organized by one of the negotiating parties, on a rushed schedule, with hundreds of faculty not eligible to vote, and my testimony to the Senate Finance Committee misrepresented by the AAUP leadership."

"Out of the approximately 420 faculty members who were eligible to vote, 202 did so. There were 129 votes of "no confidence" and 72 votes of "confidence."

http://www.tnhonline.com/unh-profess...7#.U2GlddhOW00
                  Huddleston threw his faculty under the bus in front of the state legislature by calling them out for not keeping up in their fields, giving boring lectures, putting in short hours, not publishing, etc, etc, which is the reason the faculty voted no confidence.

Comment

If Huddleston was correct in those accusations, good for him! Too many of these academics get fat, safe, and lazy. They wouldn't survive the dreaded private sector with their work ethic.
                    bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                    SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                    All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                    A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

He was not "correct" .... whether he was (is) talking about tenured faculty, adjunct faculty, professional staff member or hourly staff members.

Comment

• Originally posted by sonar View Post
                        He was not "correct" .... whether he was (is) talking about tenured faculty, adjunct faculty, professional staff member or hourly staff members.
                        Agreed, which is why the faculty voted no confidence in him. He is a weasel, which probably also explains why he is ignoring all of the deplorable antics of his AD.

Comment

.... and then .... it would appear that he suggested over the weekend that faculty not give exams Tuesday of next week .... so as not to interfere with the students end of the year "celebrations" .... Durham town officials are not pleased (stay tuned)

Comment

Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Moving closer to the fund-raising goal:

http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...TS22/140509580

Comment

Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Moving closer to the fund-raising goal:

http://www.unionleader.com/article/2...TS22/140509580
                              I wonder when fundraising for a center ice jumbotron begins

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Ambrose View Post
                                I wonder when fundraising for a center ice jumbotron begins
                                Wow, all football and squeakball, with not a mention of hockey. Sounds like BS35 may be afraid to mention the hockey word, for some reason(s)?

Comment

Working...
                                X