Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats - Marty Scarano

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
    In other news ... it sounds like the West Stadium project just got the official green light. Good news for UNH.
    Good news? I must have missed the bad (for UNH) news that came out recently, if good news is being reported now.
    113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
      Good news? I must have missed the bad (for UNH) news that came out recently, if good news is being reported now.
      I take it then that you are in favor of either (1) continuing to have UNH Football playing in that eyesore of a glorified HS stadium, or (2) you favor the termination of the UNH Football program entirely?
      Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
      Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

My understanding is that the folks who are running FOWH these days called off the meeting at the last minute, without getting word out to several non-board members who were planning to attend. No word yet on a rescheduled meeting.

In other news ... it sounds like the West Stadium project just got the official green light. Good news for UNH.
        What happened was, the meeting was cancelled the Thursday before (the Tuesday meeting.) It was scheduled to take place in Epping, NH at 7pm out of courtesy to a board member who was coming from Manchester. A select few were notified, including the Manchester attendee, and didn't show up, but a few of us, including a current Board member who drove down from Amherst, and the founder of FOWH who drove from Maine. Although eash of us were notified of the meeting in the same email, not all of us were extended the courtesy of the cancellation. A sign of the times, and the misguided leadership that was in place until midnight last night.

As of now, the by laws have been violated and / or ignored to the extent that I have no idea if a booster group even exists, and as the seconds tick forward, I care less and less. And I am one of the hold outs.
        Last edited by DC78-82; 07-01-2014, 10:27 AM.
        "A ROCK BAND IS NOT A PERFECT DEMOCRACY. IT'S LIKE A SPORTS TEAM. NO ONE CAN DO WITHOUT THE OTHER, BUT EVERYBODY DOESN'T GET TO TOUCH THE BALL ALL THE TIME." Don Henley

Comment

I take it then that you are in favor of either (1) continuing to have UNH Football playing in that eyesore of a glorified HS stadium, or (2) you favor the termination of the UNH Football program entirely?
          freak could certainly agree with one or both of those but I think the point he was making is that lately it seems only good news is reported on the heels of bad news coming out.

Comment

Originally posted by DC78-82 View Post
            What happened was, the meeting was cancelled the Thursday before (the Tuesday meeting.) It was scheduled to take place in Epping, NH at 7pm out of courtesy to a board member who was coming from Manchester. A select few were notified, including the Manchester attendee, and didn't show up, but a few of us, including a current Board member who drove down from Amherst, and the founder of FOWH who drove from Maine. Although eash of us were notified of the meeting in the same email, not all of us were extended the courtesy of the cancellation. A sign of the times, and the misguided leadership that was in place until midnight last night.

As of now, the by laws have been violated and / or ignored to the extent that I have no idea if a booster group even exists, and as the seconds tick forward, I care less and less. And I am one of the hold outs.
            I'm sorry to hear all this.
            bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
            SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
            All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
            A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan422 View Post
              freak could certainly agree with one or both of those but I think the point he was making is that lately it seems only good news is reported on the heels of bad news coming out.
              Oh yeah, I somehow forgot that. The 2001 "Ministry of Truth" thingie over at Airstrip Four.

Comment

Originally posted by UncleRay View Post
                I'm sorry to hear all this.
                No worries; we have two new NHL draft picks coming to Durham this fall.

Looking forward to Cats-Bears games on the narrow rinks in Manchester and Portland this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                  No worries; we have two new NHL draft picks coming to Durham this fall.

Looking forward to Cats-Bears games on the narrow rinks in Manchester and Portland this season.
                  And now that we are finally getting games worth watching in Portland, I might be headed to the left coast.
                  bigmrg74: "You can't drink the day away if you don't start early!"
                  SledDog: "UncleRay seems to be the most sensible one here tonight."
                  All great men are dead and I'm not feeling well.
                  A Margarita! in every hand and another Margarita! in the other hand!

And stay off the lawn!

Comment

NM, Ryan covered it.
                    Last edited by freak; 07-04-2014, 03:18 PM.
                    113-162-27 .419

252-113-40 .672

Comment

Any sightings of BS35 lately?

Comment

Any sightings of BS35 lately?
                        Word around town is that he's quietly been (self) promoted to BS36 this summer.

Comment

Word around town is that he's quietly been (self) promoted to BS36 this summer.
                          Ok, I have been away for week; any news, other than UNH breaking their all-time annual fund raising record by over 30%?

Comment

any news, other than UNH breaking their all-time annual fund raising record by over 30%?
                            Just this little nugget:

http://www.fosters.com/apps/pbcs.dll...S_01/140729878
                            UNH Hockey: From "Why Not Us' to "Woe is Us"

Comment

Originally posted by Felger View Post
                              Yep...the "other shoe has dropped", so they say. Good luck to coach McCloskey in his fight.
                              UNH

Comment

Just remember the “I could get them to indict a ham sandwich” legal aphorism reference grand juries.

There is a certain benefit to the University and by extension the State of an indictment against McCloskey. In general I was under the impression that in NH indictments are typically reserved for felonies not misdemeanors, although things might have changed since I last served on a grand jury. I know it happens but last time I got to do my civic duty I don't remember a single misdemeanor being brought forth by the county.
                                "Now Progress Takes Away What Forever Took To Find" Dave Matthews Band, The Dreaming Tree

Comment

Working...
                                X