X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Movie Thread: New, Rented, Whatever....I don't care

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
    One reviewer is thoroughly unimpressed with the latest installment of The Hunger Games

I thought it was good. Of course I went into it expecting a money grab without much action, and that's exactly what it provided.
    Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Pitch Perfect 2 trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBwOYQd21TY

Looks like it could be good.
      I'm going to really like it, and I don't care who knows.
      the state of hockey is good

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        Pitch Perfect 2 trailer...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBwOYQd21TY

Looks like it could be good.
        Kind of funny to read how the Packers' o-line and Clay Matthews wound up in the film.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          Kind of funny to read how the Packers' o-line and Clay Matthews wound up in the film.

http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2014...itch-perfect-2

Baktiari used the hashtag - #acascuseme in one of his tweets. Classic.

Comment

Dame sobh (Day Break)

Iranian/Persian movie. Guy is convicted of murder, and under Islamic law, the victim's family decides if he lives or dies. However, every time the victim's family has to show for the verdict, they don't show up, prolonging his fate.

I thought it was decent, definitely worth a watch. Some of it is lost in culture translation, obviously, but it's minimal. I, for one, cannot imagine awaiting that fate, and then having it prolonged when called up. If you want to take a chance on a movie, this would be worth it.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Cue Nelson.

e.g.

One of the hottest skin flicks of the year, the opening sequence where the mailman accidentally drops his package in Mrs. Cameron's box sets the tone for this scintillating wild romp of naughty tinsel and mistletoe foot rub sessions gone RIGHT.
              Last edited by Kepler; 11-25-2014, 08:39 PM.
              Cornell University
              National Champion 1967, 1970
              ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
              Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

So... uh... Jurassic World trailer... There's a pack of trained raptors running through the jungle with Chris Pratt while he rides a motorcycle. I repeat: Pack of trained Raptors. Motorcycle. Jungle.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Yeah I kinda dug the first part of that trailer...but a mutant hybrid dinosaur and trained raptors? No thanks...

Whatever charm was left from the original (which still holds up) is completely gone now.

The Pan trailer got me interested.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Kepler View Post
                    In the end, anyone who was going to see Saving Christmas (no one) will still see it, and anyone who wasn't (everyone) still won't. This whole exercise really accomplished a lot and was a good use of time for everyone involved.
                    Oh, and NSFK is brilliant.

Comment

So... uh... Jurassic World trailer... There's a pack of trained raptors running through the jungle with Chris Pratt while he rides a motorcycle. I repeat: Pack of trained Raptors. Motorcycle. Jungle.
                      All I saw was CGI, CGI, and more CGI. That, and a lot of hammy acting.

This is a film series that should've quietly died after they flubbed the film adaptation of The Lost World.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                        Yeah I kinda dug the first part of that trailer...but a mutant hybrid dinosaur and trained raptors? No thanks...
                        It's perfectly reasonable to think that they're just all just running from crazy-mutant-hybrid dinosaur, but I just really want to believe that it's a trained pack of raptors.

Just imagine the spin-off possibilities with trained raptors. You could do an Ocean's 11 style heist movie, or have them travel the countryside solving mysteries, or... THE GREATEST REBOOT OF SPACE JAM YOU COULD POSSIBLY THINK OF.

Comment

It's perfectly reasonable to think that they're just all just running from crazy-mutant-hybrid dinosaur, but I just really want to believe that it's a trained pack of raptors. Just imagine the spin-off possibilities with trained raptors. You could do an Ocean's 11 style heist movie, or have them travel the countryside solving mysteries, or... THE GREATEST REBOOT OF SPACE JAM YOU COULD POSSIBLY THINK OF.
                          No... they were clearly with the dude on the bike. I'm sure they team up to bring down the mutant, ushering a new era of raptor/human cooperation. Maybe us and raptorkind still don't like each other, but a new respect has developed.

Oh yeah and they feed the (WAY-oversized) mosasaur a great white shark? An animal that is nearly on the threatened list?

Should have been an orca for irony's sake.

There's so much dumb in that trailer...

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                            No... they were clearly with the dude on the bike. I'm sure they team up to bring down the mutant, ushering a new era of raptor/human cooperation. Maybe us and raptorkind still don't like each other, but a new respect has developed.
                            I took it as a mating ritual.

I guess we each see what we need to see.
                            Cornell University
                            National Champion 1967, 1970
                            ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                            Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Yeah, but for whatever reason it's a kind of dumb I can get behind.

Until one of the raptors becomes a fat bumbling idiot that takes out 30 dinosaurs after tripping and bumbling around the screen for 20 seconds, it's a kind of stupid that I can handle.

And seriously... a roaming pack of trained raptors. I didn't realize how much I've wanted to see that until yesterday, but now I do.

If I disappear for two months, it's because I'm writing my first draft of Raptor Jam for the studios.

Comment

Oh yeah and they feed the (WAY-oversized) mosasaur a great white shark? An animal that is nearly on the threatened list?

Should have been an orca for irony's sake.

Well I guess it is as believable as the idea that despite the fact that people died making the original park, rich people were attacked on The Lost World Island and people died setting up the park on The Lost World Island...LETS MAKE A SEA WORLD STYLE PARK!! Cause, you know, humans can train dinosaurs and such. (not to mention make up new Dinosaurs cause T-Rex's and Spinosaurs are so 65 million years ago!)

This movie is going to be more laughably stupid than MIB 3...and that movie was pathet-a-sad.
                                Last edited by Handyman; 11-26-2014, 10:00 AM.
                                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Working...
                                X