It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Re: The Movie Thread: New, Rented, Whatever....I don't care

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      The Battered Bastards Of Baseball

Documentary on the Portland Mavericks, the only independent baseball team at the time (1973-77), in a Class A league. Excellent documentary. Must see if you are a baseball fan.
      Saw this yesterday. It was a real treat to watch. I'd recommend it not just to baseball fans but any sports fan, or any Hollywood fan since it seemed at least a quarter of the team had done or ended up doing something in acting.

Doing some reading on Kurt Russell it appears he had the chance to be one heluva ballplayer. He was hitting .563 in the Texas League before tearing his rotator cuff.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

What about a real measure of success?
        BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
          What about a real measure of success?
          I'm pretty sure it made a boatload of money, so don't get your panties in a bunch. Unless you don't think commercial success is "real".
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

OK, Velvet Goldmine is on right now. What a great movie.
            What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
              I'm pretty sure it made a boatload of money, so don't get your panties in a bunch. Unless you don't think commercial success is "real".
              He obviously doesn't think Twitter is "real", and as a Twitter user , I certainly wouldn't disagree. A "boatload" of money, though? That's probably a stretch.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                He obviously doesn't think Twitter is "real", and as a Twitter user , I certainly wouldn't disagree. A "boatload" of money, though? That's probably a stretch.
                Pretty sure they got a ton of profit off of the ad-time during the movie (well, relative to what they normally get). Plus, you'll have Amazon/Netflix/etc paying to get that movie, too.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Yeah but they wont be paying a lot...the movie will make money because it is cheap.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                    Yeah but they wont be paying a lot...the movie will make money because it is cheap.
                    That, too. Either way, $$$$ for the movie overall and that means success.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Originally posted by FadeToBlack&Gold View Post
                      I bet they made more than people think off the product placement alone (Subway, DirecTV).
                      Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                      Originally posted by Quizmire
                      mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                      MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                      MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                      I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

I am watching The Fellowship of the Ring extended edition right now...it just makes me madder about what a joke The Hobbit is. The first half hour of Fellowship is ten times the movie any of the Hobbits have been so far. Jackson was infected with Lucas flu
                        "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                        -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                        -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                        -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

I am watching The Fellowship of the Ring extended edition right now...it just makes me madder about what a joke The Hobbit is. The first half hour of Fellowship is ten times the movie any of the Hobbits have been so far. Jackson was infected with Lucas flu
                          Put down the remote. Read the books. Problem solved.
                          Cornell University
                          National Champion 1967, 1970
                          ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
                          Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Under the Skin with Scarlett Johansson. It is visually stunning, there is a great deal of intrigue, and the suspense bubbles just below the surface throughout. But in the end I was quite a bit unfulfilled by the story and message they hoped to deliver.

Comment

State Of Play:
                              Quality conspiracy movie. Leave all belief at the door, mind you, but entertaining.

We Were Soldiers:
                              Tough watch. Very tough watch. /FTWGA

Comment

Exactly. And I'm sure with all of the hype it got they were able to charge quite a bit more for advertising than that channel usually can.
                                Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Working...
                                X