This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
    The whole reason BoB came about was because of Saving Private Ryan piquing the interests of both Tom Hanks and Spielberg. It's not inconceivable that Fury could launch another HBO series.
    Especially since it was followed up with The Pacific. Add to that the new WWII series that is supposedly in the works, focusing on the Eighth Air Force, and you could see how it would happen. Would love to see one focus on the North Africa campaign.

Comment

• Re: The Movie Thread: New, Rented, Whatever....I don't care

Originally posted by Proud2baLaker View Post
      Would love to see one focus on the North Africa campaign.
      The definitive treatment has already been made.
      Cornell University
      National Champion 1967, 1970
      ECAC Champion 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010
      Ivy League Champion 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        I was thinking that he was kidding, but Daniels was the good part in D & D anyway.
        Yep. Well, half joking. I absolutely love AV. Thr other ones were absolutely deserving.
        Code:
        As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
        College Hockey 6       College Football 0
        BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
        Originally posted by SanTropez
        May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
        Originally posted by bigblue_dl
        I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
        Originally posted by Kepler
        When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
        He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Oh, and Renee Zell wager looks hideous. Jfc.
          Code:
          May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
          He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Saw Fury last night on the ultra screen.

Gotta say that the battle scenes were intense on such a large screen and with their newer sound system.

Good war movie. Was interesting to see the war from a tank crew's perspective.
            As impressive as the action sets were in it, that fight with the Tiger near the end was incredible! But I think the last act is a big let down. It gets so dark so fast that it hides most of the action and turns into them kind of outdoing each other on who can die the most heroic. Pitt's character gets hit like 8 times before he takes two grenades (that should have liquefied everyone in that tank far more than it did.)

And I was quite furious that the Upham character lived. They made such a huge point of being super realistic with the action then turn it something out of a crummy John Wayne war movie complete with falling on grenades to save someone 2 feet away in a metal box.

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
              We landed on the moon.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

We carry a harpoon.
                Code:

Comment

So I watched Godzilla...and uhh sure ok. First of all talk about a major bait and switch job with the "star" of the film. The trailers were longer than his part of the movie. Second, you arent Jaws show the flipping monster ok. Third, no one cares about the flimsy attempt at a story we want to see monsters fight and destroy cities as people flee in terror! There is no reason why we have to sit through what felt like 5 hours of terrible dialogue and scenery eating to watch 10 minutes of epic action. I dont need 8 minutes of Godzilla swimming next to aircraft carriers while the Starship Trooper bugs eat stuff and kill people. Just get them together and let them fight!

I dont know what they were going for, but all the charm of classic Godzilla was missing from this movie. I can honestly say, the movie would have been better if Michael Bay made it cause at least things would happen. Godzilla spent more time swimming than he did fighting...it was like watching the stupid barrel floating scene in Hobbit 2: The Search for More Money it just never ended.

The movie could have been great, but the director forgot he was remaking a monster movie and took it way too seriously. Pacific Rim may be flawed and longer than need be but at least we actually get multiple robots vs. monster fights!

I give Godzilla a 5 out of 10 and all 5 were earned in he last 10 minutes. Seriously skip the rest it is terrible. And not bad monster movie terrible (MST3K style) where you enjoy it, the type of terrible that makes you wish you had gone to the dentist for emergency surgery instead.
                  Last edited by Handyman; 10-21-2014, 10:30 PM.
                  "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                  -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                  -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                  -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by dxmnkd316 View Post
                    The weird part is, I don't think she looks notably bad or like she overdid the surgery like some celebs do, she just doesn't look anything like herself. If you asked me who it was without telling me I honestly would have no idea.

Cornell '04, Stanford '06

KDR

Rover Frenchy, Classic! Great post.
                    iwh30 I wish I could be as smart as you. I really do you are the man
                    gregg729 I just saw your sig, you do love having people revel in your "intelligence."
                    Ritt18 you are the perfect representation of your alma mater.
                    Miss Thundercat That's it, you win.
                    TBA#2 I want to kill you and dance in your blood.
                    DisplacedCornellian Hahaha. Thread over. Frenchy wins.

Test to see if I can add this.

Comment

Given Handy's review, my expectations went from 5/10 stars to 6/10 stars.

Seriously, I'll probably still take a chance on watching it, but after all the movies I've seen, about a year or two ago I FINALLY broke my NEED to watch a movie until the end. And I'll go into this one with that thought in mind. I seriously had problems not finishing a movie. Had to see if there was ANYTHING worthwhile about a bad one. No more.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Foxton View Post
                        Spoilers galore
                        That's a lot of info you gave away...

I agree with some of your points though. There were certainly some cliches.

Comment

That's a lot of info you gave away...

I agree with some of your points though. There were certainly some cliches.
                          Not particularly, it follows a lot of overall war story telling cliches that if you can't see it coming then you're too young to be watching such an intense movie. The trailers gave away the big ending set piece. The story up to that point is what could be spoiled.

Comment

Whelp, let the speculation begin

Avengers: Age of Ulton trailer is here...

I love the tone that James Spader is bringing here... Hopefully this isn't just a sampling of the "best of the best" from him in this movie... The character of Ultron really does seem dark and threatening... Just hope that he can pull that off in his 45+ minutes of screentime he should have in the flick... If it's just a few minutes of that I'll be very disappointed...

Other major question I have is in regards to Mark Ruffalo's Hulk... We've known that him and Tony Stark will come to blows at some point.... Seeing it happen just makes me want an answer to that just that much more... Also, why do we have Bruce Banner curled into a ball while traveling with Cap, Black Widow and Thor?

We do get a few glimpses of newcomers Scarlett Witch and Quicksilver... Interested to see how they come about and fit into things... This trailer has zero mention of our other villian, Baron von Strucker...

7 months till we get the movie... And here this trailer is doing exactly what it's supposed to do... I want this movie tomorrow

** Also, the trailer was supposed to come out at a later date... But it slipped out today... Marvel's Twitter is having a good attitude about it... Worth checking out if you are a fan
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

I guess I am starting to show my years...when I hear The Avengers I still think of John Steed and Emma Peel....
                              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Originally posted by FreshFish View Post
                                I guess I am starting to show my years...when I hear The Avengers I still think of John Steed and Emma Peel....
                                To be fair, those Avengers debuted in 1961, while the Marvel Avengers debuted in 1963. It's more just what you were interested in watching/reading.

Comment

Working...
                                X