X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV 10: Blacklisted Sons: The Musical

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
    I don't think learning how to download movies/TV shows is part of any Mechanical Engineering degree.
    I figured using the computer and internet like a nerd would be part of any ME degree.
    Old Monster Records

Comment

The Ed Norton "48 Hours" commercial: awesome. The Connect Four part seals it.
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I think The Mentalist is winding down. After the resolution of the Red John storyline it looks like they are pretty much starting over, back to where you are able to identify the killer immediately when they are introduced. Totally called it from Sunday's episode. They need some new big case to keep this going. More than just the new relationships with the FBI. If they don't, I don't see this show lasting much longer. Decent show but way to predictable now.

Comment

I had the day off, and with the temps what they are I stayed inside most of it. So I watched the first season of Episodes. Matt LeBanc is great playing a jerk version of himself. Hilarious!
          "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

My review of tonight's SOA:

"....................................."
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Gemma really is the worst character ever.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I hate that moment when I'm actually smiling about something seeming to work out, and then all I can think is "This is going to end horribly."

Calling it now: This series will end with every major character dead. Except Gemma.

Comment

Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
                  I hate that moment when I'm actually smiling about something seeming to work out, and then all I can think is "This is going to end up horribly."

Calling it now: This series will end with every major character dead. Except Gemma.
                  I think EODS called Wayne. I'm falling in that camp.

And most of this is telegraphed, but it's told so well....

And remember the source material: Everyone dies.

Comment

Granted. That episode just makes me feel like she cannot be killed. Though Uncle Cancer being the sole survivor actually sounds like the most fun.

Who's Fortinbras? August?

Comment

• Originally posted by The Paragon of Virtue View Post
                      Who's Fortinbras? August?
                      Or Nero, or Alvarez.

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        Or Nero, or Alvarez.
                        I'd say Alvarez is most likely the #2 fave to survive. He's like Nero, but doesn't give in as much to stuff, and more likely to walk away when he can.

Comment

Since I didn't mention it before, I'll say it now:

SOA isn't that good right now.

Every episode is at least 15 minutes longer than it should be. The episodes are filled with dull silences (without suspense), drama built mostly around people not telling each other key pieces of intel (was anyone going to mention the Mayan betrayal to Jax? Did a sitcom writer come up with the idea of Gemma killing Rat-Tara-who-actually-didn't-rat?) and everything is lazily tied together with montage after montage.

Every big event that's supposed to mean something is robbed of its power by the lack of suspense from several episodes (and in many cases, seasons) of characters treading water (four seasons of Clay flip flopping around before he's killed, the Tara thing lasting as long as it did with numerous false starts before we got to the end, Opie's four season long moping arc that's been shifted to Juice...)

It's getting old, and if I wasn't hooked in season 2 and too wishy washy to quit before the end of season 4, I don't know why I'd still be watching.

Comment

Every episode is at least 15 minutes longer than it should be. The episodes are filled with dull silences (without suspense), drama built mostly around people not telling each other key pieces of intel (was anyone going to mention the Mayan betrayal to Jax? Did a sitcom writer come up with the idea of Gemma killing Rat-Tara-who-actually-didn't-rat?) and everything is lazily tied together with montage after montage.

Every big event that's supposed to mean something is robbed of its power by the lack of suspense from several episodes (and in many cases, seasons) of characters treading water (four seasons of Clay flip flopping around before he's killed, the Tara thing lasting as long as it did with numerous false starts before we got to the end, Opie's four season long moping arc that's been shifted to Juice...)

It's getting old, and if I wasn't hooked in season 2 and too wishy washy to quit before the end of season 4, I don't know why I'd still be watching.
                            Disagree. Why? We know how the story ends, in general. It's the same with most movies/TV/whatever. It's HOW it's told that makes the magic. And that's what SOA does right. They tell the story in such a way that it keeps you hooked. You know there is death around the corner. You know it's not going to just "work out." But yet you still watch.

Comment

I haven't watched last night's episode yet, but overall I agree. They could do a much better job with this story/material. Its the same story constantly re-hashed, and it is done clumsily.
                              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Disagree. Why? We know how the story ends, in general. It's the same with most movies/TV/whatever. It's HOW it's told that makes the magic. And that's what SOA does right. They tell the story in such a way that it keeps you hooked. You know there is death around the corner. You know it's not going to just "work out." But yet you still watch.
                                Agree with you. Each episode can't be a Michael Bay movie. The Sopranos has to be a model for many of these types of dramas...some soul searching, some dead ends etc. Watching the Sopranos re-runs on HBO, one can realize how much was said in the therapist sessions and other 'dull' moments that were part of the story. Other influence would be Hitchcock and his definition of suspense...it isn't the explosion that gets the audience, its the anticipation of the explosion.

Now, most viewers today wouldn't watch a Hitchcock movie if F&F 3 or Transformers 2 was on but if I was able to get my drama to year 3,4 or 5 I'd take the opportunity to write more story and less comic book while still having to conform to the 15 minutes of mayhem the producers expect in every show.
                                I believe in life, and I believe in love, but the world in which I live in keeps trying to prove me wrong.

Comment

Working...
                                X