X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV 10: Blacklisted Sons: The Musical

Originally posted by aparch View Post
    Saw a couple shows between Hulu, Netflix, and Crackle that I remember from NBC. Started re-watching "Wings" and "News Radio."

Both are slightly dated, but the early episodes seem to hold up okay. So far. Although there certainly are some humor and word play that went over my head growing up.

And Goddammit was Phil Hartman a brilliant man.
    Wings is one of my all time favorite shows!

Fun fact, the episode where Frasier and Lillith show up is what ultimately lead to the show Frasier. Kelsey liked working with the crew of Wings so much that when he was thinking of projects to do post Cheers he said he would continue the character if he could work with them. I wonder how that worked out
    "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
    -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
    -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
    -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
      Wings is one of my all time favorite shows!

Fun fact, the episode where Frasier and Lillith show up is what ultimately lead to the show Frasier. Kelsey liked working with the crew of Wings so much that when he was thinking of projects to do post Cheers he said he would continue the character if he could work with them. I wonder how that worked out
      I'd forgotten that's how Frazier came to be.

And News Radio was simply outstanding, especially for those of us who've worked in the biz. I think I've worked with just about every character on that show!
      Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Sometime in the past Theo Huxtable was mentioned (too lazy to go past 1st pagee to see context). But anyway Theo, Malcolm-Jamal Warner, has been in the last couple of episodes of Major Crimes. Just recognized him last week. Playing SIS Lt. Cooper and a love interest for Detective Sykes. He had been in 2 earlier episodes, Dec. 2013 and Jan. 2014.

Personally I preferred The Closer, but the ensemble cast is still together. Jon Tenney, Brenda Lee's FBI agent husband, Fritz Howard, has reappeared. Looks like he is cast thru the rest of the summer run and the snarky Deputy Chief(Robert Gossett) offered him a job with LAPD.
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Did I missed this?
          http://uprox*****/tv/2014/07/nbcs-ne...ison-williams/

Christopher freaking Walken?
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
            Did I missed this?

I am old enough to remember Mary Martin's Peter Pan on TV. You could see the wires. And yes, I did clap to bring Tinker Bell back.
            CCT '77 & '78
            4 kids
            5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
            1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
            - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
              Did I missed this?

No, Allison Williams.

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                Sometime in the past Theo Huxtable was mentioned (too lazy to go past 1st pagee to see context). But anyway Theo, Malcolm-Jamal Warner, has been in the last couple of episodes of Major Crimes. Just recognized him last week. Playing SIS Lt. Cooper and a love interest for Detective Sykes. He had been in 2 earlier episodes, Dec. 2013 and Jan. 2014.

Personally I preferred The Closer, but the ensemble cast is still together. Jon Tenney, Brenda Lee's FBI agent husband, Fritz Howard, has reappeared. Looks like he is cast thru the rest of the summer run and the snarky Deputy Chief(Robert Gossett) offered him a job with LAPD.
                MJW (Theo) will be in the final season of Sons Of Anarchy.
                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  Don't get your hopes up. They'll keep all the fun stuff covered up during Peter's sex scene.
                  Originally posted by dicaslover
                  Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                  Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Jim Gaffigan is getting a ten-episode sitcom run to be aired on TV Land. The three announced actors thus far are Jim, Ashley Williams (Victoria from HIMYM) as his wife, and Michael Ian Black as the wife's friend.

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/07/29/tv...ack/?hpt=hp_t4
                    "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Wow. The latest Halt and Catch Fire numbers are 549,000 viewers.

Sharknado 2 drew over 4 million.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        Wow. The latest Halt and Catch Fire numbers are 549,000 viewers.

Sharknado 2 drew over 4 million.
                        People like to watch crap.

I've stayed with Halt and Catch Fire and enjoyed it. It would be a shame if it got cancelled. If AMC does cancel it, the makers should try to sell it to Netflix.

Comment

AMC has the ability to stick with shows. Hopefully they stick with this one.
                          Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                            AMC has the ability to stick with shows. Hopefully they stick with this one.
                            Yeah, but these numbers are even lower than Low Winter Sun, which they canceled. Breaking Bad was a million viewers higher than HACF. Hell, the reruns AMC is going to start will probably have better numbers than HACF. AMC hasn't had a successful new show in quite a while....

Comment

Did anyone else manage to sit through The Quest? While I like Game of Thrones and Lord of The Rings am not a fan of reality TV and this did nothing for me.

Finished watching most of the new FX and USA Shows

I enjoy Rush kind of cross between Royal Pains and Ray Donovan. I watched the first two of Satisfaction, it's okay not sure where it is going but since USA is pretty tame I think this would have fit better on HBO or Showtime.

I enjoy You're the Worst very good. Married has had it's moments but hasn't blown me out of the water. I only watched the first episode of The Strain since I'm not a big, zombie werewolf, vampire horror fan I figured it wouldn't be for me and was correct.

Did anyone watch Outlander? I was reading an article which said if you like Game of Thrones you would like it but then I read another article which said it was more geared toward a female audience, I guess that's how the books are written. I am looking forward to Legends which starts next week.

I also enjoy Halt and Catch Fire and I have noticed that some of the promo's for it say the first season of, which I keep hoping means their is a second season but I think it's probably headed for cancellation.

Still trying to figure out the ending in the Crossbones finale
                              Last edited by Probert; 08-03-2014, 06:21 PM.
                              Oswego State Lakers 2007 NCAA Div III Champs

Adirondack Red Wings 4 time Calder Cup Champs 81,86,89 & 92

Comment

Which gets better ratings tonight: Season (series?) finale of HACF or repeat of Sharknado2?

Comment

Working...
                                X