X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV 10: Blacklisted Sons: The Musical

Roll in the hay, roll in the hay.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

"For the experiment to be a success, all of the body parts must be enlarged."
      "In other vords: his veins, his feet, his hands, his organs vould all have to be increased in size."
      "Exactly."
      "He vould have an enormous schwanzstucker!"
      "That goes without saying..."
      U-A-A!!!Go!Go!GreenandGold!
      Applejack Tells You How UAA Is Doing...
      I spell Failure with UAF

Originally posted by UAFIceAngel
      But let's be real...There are 40 some other teams and only two alaskan teams...the day one of us wins something big will be the day I transfer to UAA
      Originally posted by Doyle Woody
      Best sign by a visting Seawolf fan Friday went to a young man who held up a piece of white poster board that read: "YOU CAN'T SPELL FAILURE WITHOUT UAF."

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
        This Emmys promo is pretty funny. Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul from Breaking Bad and Julia Louis-Dreyfus from Veep. It's a little long, but really well done.

Looking forward to the show! I fly out on Saturday.
        It's worth watching, if only for the joke at the end.

Okay, it's worth skipping to the last 40 seconds or so for the joke at the end.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Halt and Catch Fire is getting a second season. That's almost even sadder for AMC that they're that bankrupt on ideas.
          Originally posted by dicaslover
          Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
          Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Are you saying that I put an abnormal brain into a seven and a half foot long, fifty-four inch wide GORILLA? IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE TELLING ME?

Well, why isn't it Froaderick Fronkensteen?

What hump?

Wait master, it might be dangerous. You go first.

Comment

Aforementioned Sean Bean/Legends clip...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3T987UKN_A

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                Are you saying that I put an abnormal brain into a seven and a half foot long, fifty-four inch wide GORILLA? IS THAT WHAT YOU'RE TELLING ME?

Well, why isn't it Froaderick Fronkensteen?

What hump?

Wait master, it might be dangerous. You go first.
                "**** your eyes!!!"
                "Too late"

Oh man, that's a quotable movie.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Handyman View Post
                  The end of last season blew goats...
                  Yes it did. I'm absolutely gutted. Saddest thing I've seen on a tv show. Probably one of the saddest things I've seen in a movie or tv show.
                  tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    "**** your eyes!!!"
                    "Too late"

Oh man, that's a quotable movie.
                    Blucher!

Neighhhhhhh!
                    Growing old is mandatory -- growing up is optional!

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                      Halt and Catch Fire is getting a second season. That's almost even sadder for AMC that they're that bankrupt on ideas.
                      Wow. It is a decent show but the ratings were absolutely abysmal. I guess we should applaud AMC for sticking with a good show that did not find an audience, but I never expected it. This would never happen on a network.

Comment

• Originally posted by Priceless View Post
                        Wow. It is a decent show but the ratings were absolutely abysmal. I guess we should applaud AMC for sticking with a good show that did not find an audience, but I never expected it. This would never happen on a network.
                        My guess is AMC tells them to wrap it up with this second season. Or they do something similar to the killing and do one more on AMC and then a half season wrap up on Netflix.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                          Watching Dallas - shut it all of you. It's a show I've watched forever. Anyway...Jordana Brewster is in it. She of "Former Derek Jeter Flame" fame. Girlfriend needs to eat a sandwich or 12, but what really bothers me is her hairline seems like it's halfway back on her head. It's distracting!!
                          I basically quit watching after Larry died and they wrapped up the character of J.R. and his "masterpiece". I prefer to think that the bitter, nasty old version of Cliff spends the rest of his life in Mexican prison, stripped of an ill-gotten empire, and deservedly framed for a "murder" he didn't commit since he nearly had his own pregnant daughter killed (even J.R. would never go that sociopathically far in a revenge plot).

The two best of the new actors (or at least, the two who clearly understand the genre and their characters the best) were Josh Henderson and Julie Gonzalo, but the writers' attempts to make them a more sinister retread of the Bobby/Pam relationship is still not enough to hold my interest. Anorexic Brewster, the awful and talentless Jesse Metcalfe, and the obvious attempt to re-create Lucy with Emma Bell are all forgettable snoozefests. Duffy's been phoning it in for a paycheck since Day 1 (hell, arguably since May 1986 when he stepped out of the shower). At least veterans Linda Gray, Judith Light, Mitch Pileggi, and (occasionally) Brenda Strong know that just the right amount of tasteful overacting is the key to a guilty pleasure like Dallas being watchable. Linda tries her damnedest, but without Hagman's J.R. to drive her mad she does not have enough chemistry with anyone else in the remaining cast to keep an infuriatingly predictable Sue Ellen relapse into alcoholism interesting (really Cidre, that's the best you can give her character after supposedly 20+ years of sobriety?).

To me, it was always the J.R. Ewing Hour, and without one of TV's most beloved anti-villains/Type V anti-heros, the show is pointless, daytime-quality drivel - imagine Mad Men without Don or House of Cards without Frank Underwood. Classic quotables like, "Once you give up integrity, the rest is a piece of cake", or "Well, Ray was always uncomfortable eating with the family, I mean after all we do use knives and forks", will never be replicated on the revival show. And thus, I washed my hands of it last year.

Comment

FXX will be my home for the next 5 or so days
                            It's never too early to start the Pre-game festivities

Go Cats!!! GO BLACKHAWKS!

Cuck the Fubs... Let's Go WHITE SOX!!!

Wildcat Born, Wildcat Bred....

Comment

• Originally posted by RaceBoarder View Post
                              FXX will be my home for the next 5 or so days
                              Mine too.

Yesterday on NPR they were replaying snippets from interviews from The Simpsons producers, writers, and actors. All were very interesting. Anyway the one story that struck me as the funniest was by Matt Groening talking about spoofing Fox News. Long story short the result of that episode was that The Simpsons couldn't have any more episodes with a news ticker going along the bottom of the screen. I guess too many people thought it was real! I'm not sure if that is an indictment on Fox News viewers or The Simpsons viewers.
                              My Four Favorite teams:
                              RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
                              Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

I know I am way behind with the whole True Detective thing, but I just have to say that it is awesome.
                                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Working...
                                X