Continue.

I think Jax was really mad at Clay...
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Re: TV 10: Blacklisted Sons: The Musical

Jax delivered, technically. The DA isn't having it, though. I admit, in the first big twist in tonight's ep, I shot straight up in my seat.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

I really enjoyed the most recent Walking Dead that focussed on the Governor.

I imagine that Carol is in that camp? I don't believe that she ever saw him or met him.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post

I imagine that Carol is in that camp? I don't believe that she ever saw him or met him.
        I realize that this is probably a stupid complaint, but the near zombie free utopia town they were in really bothered me. There has not been one single place like that the entire series, then we get the governor barely moving for miles at a time with not a zombie in site. The old crippled zombies, and bathtub zombie bothered me too, we have never seen zombies let missing parts slow them down. Why would anyone leave that place that was somehow safe as can be? Just too inconsistent with everything else in the show.

Comment

I agree. I didn't like the idea of a Governor only episode going into it, but it definitely delivered. It showed something different in the Governor, and I'm not sure if we should be convinced that he has changed, or if it is a red herring. I'm leaning towards red herring. Much like with Homeland/Brody, I was hoping that the Governor would just disappear, never to be heard from again, but it looks like The Walking Dead has done a 100 times better job of bringing the Governor back into the fold as Homeland has with Brody.

Speaking of Homeland. It has jumped the shark. I still watch it, but it doesn't have the punch it did that first season. Brody should have been killed, and a solid replacement character and storyline should have replaced him. Right now it seems like it is in limbo, and it just isn't working for me.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
            I agree. I didn't like the idea of a Governor only episode going into it, but it definitely delivered. It showed something different in the Governor, and I'm not sure if we should be convinced that he has changed, or if it is a red herring. I'm leaning towards red herring. Much like with Homeland/Brody, I was hoping that the Governor would just disappear, never to be heard from again, but it looks like The Walking Dead has done a 100 times better job of bringing the Governor back into the fold as Homeland has with Brody.

Yeah, even if he maybe wants to change, I'd imagine that events will conspire to take his choices (in his mind anyway) away from him.

He'll probably go to barbaric lengths to protect his new "daughter." He's still a bad guy although what was the line from Star Wars (not to be a dork or anything)... "Good and bad is a matter of perspective?"

Either way, I like the parallel story lines and would guess that there is at least one more governor episode to come as we're not on the same timeline as the prison yet.

Thinking of that, Carol couldn't be with the new group yet as she'd still be in the prison as it's not even summer in the Governor's timeline.

As I suspected, they drew me back in after what I thought was a lackluster start to the season.

Comment

Yeah, even if he maybe wants to change, I'd imagine that events will conspire to take his choices (in his mind anyway) away from him.

He'll probably go to barbaric lengths to protect his new "daughter." He's still a bad guy although what was the line from Star Wars (not to be a dork or anything)... "Good and bad is a matter of perspective?"
              On Talking Dead after that episode they were talking about how the Governor can kill hundreds of people, hold zombie death matches for entertainment, and keep aquariums of dead zombie heads one season, and the next season all he has to do is rescue one little girl and he's now a good guy.
              Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

So is Anna Gunn being cast as Ellie in the American remake of Broadchurch the worst sentence ever? No. Emmy-winner Anna Gunn being cast as Ellie in the American remake of Broadchurch is the worst sentence ever.
                Originally posted by dicaslover
                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by jerphisch View Post
                  I realize that this is probably a stupid complaint, but the near zombie free utopia town they were in really bothered me. There has not been one single place like that the entire series, then we get the governor barely moving for miles at a time with not a zombie in site. The old crippled zombies, and bathtub zombie bothered me too, we have never seen zombies let missing parts slow them down. Why would anyone leave that place that was somehow safe as can be? Just too inconsistent with everything else in the show.
                  Yeah, I thought it was kinda odd that the Guv would zip himself into his little tent at night, and blissfully snooze the night away without worrying about any zombies coming around. Being stuck inside that tent is just making yourself a Hot Pocket for any zombies in the area. But we'll let it ride for dramatic purposes.

The episode before this, didn't we see the Guv standing outside the prison?
                  What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                    The episode before this, didn't we see the Guv standing outside the prison?
                    Yes, but the timing is different. The "Rick" timeline at the prison is weeks/months/etc ahead of the "Governor" timeline at this point. We saw the Governor come in at the end of the last prison episode, then this last episode went back in time to right after the governor slaughtered his people. At the end of the last episode, with the Governor, Rick is at the prison preparing for his growing season for his beans and other vegitables that we see him and Carl eating before we see the Governor outside the prison.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Yes, I know, I was just wondering what's gonna happen between where the Guv is now, and when he shows back up at the prison. Does he have his new "family" with him, seeking a safe haven, or is he up to no good?

Comment

Originally posted by rufus View Post
                        Yes, I know, I was just wondering what's gonna happen between where the Guv is now, and when he shows back up at the prison. Does he have his new "family" with him, seeking a safe haven, or is he up to no good?

I'm betting the latter.

He's gotta know that they'd never take him in or help him. He's got a death sentence waiting for him at the prison.

Either that or the show has its leather coat on while it approaches the ramp on water skis...

Comment

I'm betting the latter.

He's gotta know that they'd never take him in or help him. He's got a death sentence waiting for him at the prison.

Either that or the show has its leather coat on while it approaches the ramp on water skis...
                          There is no way they'd take in the Governor, at least Rick wouldn't. He kicked Carol out for less than the Governor did. So I agree with you, if they take him back in....thats complete BS. I'm guessing he has organized a group at that point, and he's looking to "take" the prison from Rick's group.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                            There is no way they'd take in the Governor, at least Rick wouldn't. He kicked Carol out for less than the Governor did. So I agree with you, if they take him back in....thats complete BS. I'm guessing he has organized a group at that point, and he's looking to "take" the prison from Rick's group.

Michonne, Glen, Maggie... even Darryl although he'd have no way of knowing that the Governor shot Merle.

There'd be a line to get at the Guv.

I'm actually looking forward to a power struggle at the new camp. Doubt he wants to now be the Lt. Governor.

Comment

Right, there's no way they take the Guv in, but what if he's just dropping his "family" off, knowing they'll be safe there, and then goping his own way.

On another note, Person of Interest continues to be just terrific. Although very derivative of The Warriors and 16 Blocks, it still worked. And I knew that this was gonna happen, cause the previews were pointing so hard towards it being someone else. But I figured it was gonna be Shaw.

Comment

Working...
                              X