X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV 10: Blacklisted Sons: The Musical

Jim Parson again?

Maybe it's because of his commitment to simply use his own rhythms and mannerisms in his performance that makes people think he's just a deeply method comic actor instead of someone who mostly just has to read his well-written lines in the same monotonous way that he speaks in real life.

There's a hidden genius in there somewhere and I'm just not perceptive enough to see it. That or he should be giving his awards to his writing staff.
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

As much as I love BBT, I have to agree with EODS. Parsons acting in that role is just way too much like his persona that he portrays in interviews. I equate him to both of the Deshanel (sp?) sisters and the roles they play.
      My Four Favorite teams:
      RIT and anyone who is beating Canisius
      Cornell and anyone who is beating Harvard

If tyranny and oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy. - James Madison

I am not afraid of terrorism, and I want the Government to stop being afraid on my behalf. I understand that it will not be possible to stop all terrorist acts. I am not afraid!!!!

Comment

Louis will never get the respect he deserves. Good thing he isn't doing it for accolades.
        the state of hockey is good

Comment

Breaking Bad rolls. Not unexpected, and I'd say it is deserved. The only one I would change is Peter Dinklage instead of Aaron Paul.
          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Mentioned on the Tweeter:

You're just not going to beat anything involving a series like Breaking Bad after its final season (major categories). It's typical, and not complaining; just stating the truth.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Yeah. Mad Men next year, and I don't know after that.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by bigblue_dl View Post
                Breaking Bad rolls. Not unexpected, and I'd say it is deserved. The only one I would change is Peter Dinklage instead of Aaron Paul.
                Agreed.
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

The thing that depresses me the most about Every Simpsons Ever is that some of the episodes I thought were aired new recently are nearly 15 years old...
                  Code:
                  As of 9/21/10:         As of 9/13/10:
                  College Hockey 6       College Football 0
                  BTHC 4                 WCHA FC:  1
                  Originally posted by SanTropez
                  May your paint thinner run dry and the fleas of a thousand camels infest your dead deer.
                  Originally posted by bigblue_dl
                  I don't even know how to classify magic vagina smoke babies..
                  Originally posted by Kepler
                  When the giraffes start building radio telescopes they can join too.
                  He's probably going to be a superstar but that man has more baggage than North West

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                    *sigh*

Yep

Comment

Mad Men might not have the punch that BB or True Detective has/had. Critically, sure. Fans? I dunno. Justified is critically acclaimed, and they have NOTHING.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                        Louis will never get the respect he deserves. Good thing he isn't doing it for accolades.
                        He is getting a token award each year, though. Nice to see him get another for writing that episode where he reluctantly goes on a date with a fat girl.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                          I don't know if Mad Men will roll quite like Breaking Bad did this year. I have a hunch that Jon Hamm will get lead Actor, and it will probably get best Drama, after that I don't know. I'm sure there are others that are deserving, but I don't see it having quite the steam that Breaking Bad did in the last season. I have a feeling it will be tough to beat True Detective in the Best Drama category again next year, as I believe that if it wasn't for Breaking Bad, True Detective would have taken the top prize this year. (based on TD winning the directing category)
                          Having a clear conscience just means you have a bad memory or you had a boring weekend.

RIP - Kirby

Comment

Seems to me the Emmy's this year were a backlash against Cable.
                            **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                            Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                              Seems to me the Emmy's this year were a backlash against Cable.
                              How so? The only awards network TV won were in the extremely weak comedy category, and one for drama actress, which was pretty much a wasteland too. I think the only odds-on favorite that didn't win was Andre Braugher who is on a network show. If there was any backlash, I guess you could say it was against Orange is the New Black, and True Detective for trying to game the system with the categories(though TD moved up a weight class, while OitNB moved down about four).

The only real surprise was that they keep giving awards to Modern Family, almost by default at this point. Jay Leno handing them that award was pitch perfect. Also shocking was that Anna Gunn almost managed to pull off something other than stone-faced and aggrieved in her acceptance speech.
                              Originally posted by dicaslover
                              Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                              Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Two great episodes back to back right now. Just played the one where Maude dies from the t-shirt gun, and now "Save me Jebus!" is on.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X