X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: TV 10: Blacklisted Sons: The Musical

Originally posted by unofan View Post
    Hoping Community comes back next year, but if not that was a great finale.

This year was way better than expected given that troy was only in four episodes. The guy who replaced Chevy Chase was highly entertaining.
    Well, he did put up with Walter White's nonsense for a while so there was nothing new that the Greendale study group was going to throw at him...

I agree. Great season finale. Six seasons, here we come.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
    -Blackadder
    "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
    -Casablanca
    "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
    -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

I laughed pretty hard at the end tag that basically just said that Community will replace whatever fails next fall.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
        I laughed pretty hard at the end tag that basically just said that Community will replace whatever fails next fall.
        My favorite was Abed's line at the end.

We'll be back next year. But if we're not, it's because civilization was wiped out by an asteroid. And that's canon.

Comment

I too enjoyed the Community finale and it would be a shame for it to not come back.

The Americans has been wonderful.

The Following will run its course if it doesn't wrap up this season.

Hannibal is still a favorite for me but ratings have been sad.

Comment

Is anybody here watching Orphan Black on BBC America? I just finished season 1 last night, and I'm pretty much hooked. It's a fairly original twist on the ominous bad-guy-coming-to-get-us plot.
            "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

"Good news! We have a delivery." Professor Farnsworth

Comment

Mrs. EoDS and I are two episodes in. Definitely enjoying it so far.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                Mrs. EoDS and I are two episodes in. Definitely enjoying it so far.
                The lead actress Tatiana Maslany, she's doing an amazing job giving either completely different performances or providing nuance where it's required. I can only imagine how difficult her job is in relation to other actors on set.

The very basic premise, for those who don't know Orphan Black, from IMDB:
                Orphan Black follows outsider, orphan and street-wise chameleon Sarah. After witnessing a woman's suicide, Sarah assumes the strangers identity - who happens to look just like her. Expecting to solve all her problems by cleaning out the dead woman's savings, Sarah is instead thrust headlong into a kaleidoscopic mystery as she realizes the dizzying truth - she and the dead woman are clones. As Sarah searches for answers, she discovers the chilling fact that there are more people like her out there - genetically identical individuals who were planted in unsuspecting birth parents and nurtured in completely different circumstances. With no idea who created the clones, she'll need to discover the reason in a hurry as an assassin is killing them one by one.
                "The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command." George Orwell, 1984

"One does not simply walk into Mordor. Its Black Gates are guarded by more than just Orcs. There is evil there that does not sleep, and the Great Eye is ever watchful. It is a barren wasteland, riddled with fire and ash and dust, the very air you breathe is a poisonous fume." Boromir

Comment

• Watching house of cards season 2 - about five episodes in. Can a show jump the shark in under 1.5 seasons? Things have gotten kinda ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by St. Clown View Post
                    Is anybody here watching Orphan Black on BBC America? I just finished season 1 last night, and I'm pretty much hooked. It's a fairly original twist on the ominous bad-guy-coming-to-get-us plot.
                    You're lucky to just be finishing it now in that you don't have to wait for the second season. The S2 premiere on Saturday was incredible.
                    Originally posted by dicaslover
                    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                      You're lucky to just be finishing it now in that you don't have to wait for the second season. The S2 premiere on Saturday was incredible.
                      I'm going to watch that episode tonight. I don't get BBC America at home, so I bought a season pass on Amazon.

Comment

FINALLY got around to finishing the season of Justified. Interesting development with Ava becoming a CI, and of COURSE the one thing that could keep Raylan from a happy life in Florida happened.
                        Cornell University Men's Hockey
                        NCAA Champions: 1967, 1970
                        ECAC Champions: 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1980, 1986, 1996, 1997, 2003, 2005, 2010, 2024
                        Ivy League Champions: 1966, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1996, 1997, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2012, 2014, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2024

Comment

Ink Master:

That non-elimination was unexpected, although with Kyle's departure last week, they had a bonus week overall, I suppose. Jay's "tracing" allegation was a bit off, IMO. I get the sentiment, but having 2 tatts of things that were specifically taken from photos that I chose...I have to disagree with him. You could give me a Michelangelo or Dali piece and a palette, and I'd make that thing look ugly as all hell, because I can't paint. Same with tattoos, in my mind. That being said, I thought Scott's tatt was weaker than Melissa's, and Jay's was the worse, even with the allowance that his client was a complete beech.
                          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

On Blacklist, are we supposed to know why Tom was targeting Lizzy and I missed it? Everything we've seen so far suggests it would have nothing to do with Red - especially since he didn't enter her life until well after she and Tom met. Perhaps he was in her life well before she knew it and/or the unseen photo from the safety deposit box will be the reveal next week?

Comment

Noit was always about Red IIRC that is why Red knew about him and is so keen (no pun intended) to get him. Obviously whoever Tom works for figured Red would come to Lizzy at some point. I dont think Tom knows why but his handlers most likely do.
                              "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                              -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                              -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                              -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Ink Master:

That non-elimination was unexpected, although with Kyle's departure last week, they had a bonus week overall, I suppose. Jay's "tracing" allegation was a bit off, IMO. I get the sentiment, but having 2 tatts of things that were specifically taken from photos that I chose...I have to disagree with him. You could give me a Michelangelo or Dali piece and a palette, and I'd make that thing look ugly as all hell, because I can't paint. Same with tattoos, in my mind. That being said, I thought Scott's tatt was weaker than Melissa's, and Jay's was the worse, even with the allowance that his client was a complete beech.
                                I don't know, while I think Jay has a point as to original artwork, it wasn't exactly tracing. So many aspects of the images used as inspiration stayed in the final tattoo that it's tough to say parts weren't traced. Meanwhile, the Samurai's arm, which was changed from the original image, was all messed up in design/execution.

Comment

Working...
                                X