Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Fire Seth Appert

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
    It's not about one season. It's about 7.5 years of disappointment.
    Let me know when RPI finishes a three-year stretch going 15-85-12 and is the laughingstock of college hockey; maybe then I can sympathize about 'disappointment'.

Comment

I wondering who was going to be added to the CrowderPoulinPooleyMasonArmyTIMMAY!!! list of fun. Sorry, Seth.

"I have come up with a plan so cunning you could stick a tail on it and call it a weasel. ."
      -Blackadder
      "I'm shocked, shocked to find that gambling is going on in here. "
      -Casablanca
      "They could maybe hire another officer to catch the illegal immigrant drug dealers breast feeding at Dunkin' Donuts or whatever it is! Thank you!"
      -Somerville Speakout

2008 POTY

Comment

Let's get rid of this guy, and find someone who can actually win.
        I hear Ron Rolston is looking for a job now...

Comment

Originally posted by JCrawford View Post
          I hear Ron Rolston is looking for a job now...
          So long as Darcy stays home.

Comment

It's not about one season. It's about 7.5 years of disappointment.
            early onset Alzheimers? the Cubs haven't won a World Series since 1908 and haven't even been there since 1945. And you are whining about 7-1/2 years??

poh wittle fwaggie....awww.
            "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

It's kind of early to be campaigning for Poser of the Year, isn't it?

Also, i thought that anyone who actively campaigned for that "honor" was automatically disqualified.
              "Hope is a good thing; maybe the best of things."

"Beer is a sign that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -- Benjamin Franklin

"Being Irish, he had an abiding sense of tragedy, which sustained him through temporary periods of joy." -- W. B. Yeats

"People generally are most impatient with those flaws in others about which they are most ashamed of in themselves." - folk wisdom

Comment

Hate to break it to you, but anyone who thinks that we will have consistent success, all the time, in (IMO) the most top-to-bottom competitive league in Division I ice hockey... is delusional. You will have ups and downs, that is the nature of college athletics. The man has beyond proven that he can recruit and run a skill-talented team... of course there are other aspects to be improved, but I haven't seen Brown fans calling for the head coach's head after years of dwelling in the basement of the ECAC.
                Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
                  Hate to break it to you, but anyone who thinks that we will have consistent success, all the time, in (IMO) the most top-to-bottom competitive league in Division I ice hockey... is delusional. You will have ups and downs, that is the nature of college athletics. The man has beyond proven that he can recruit and run a skill-talented team... of course there are other aspects to be improved, but I haven't seen Brown fans calling for the head coach's head after years of dwelling in the basement of the ECAC.
                  +1, and also OGC has brought elements of class to the program that goes beyond running a high-profile team.
                  Let's give a cheer for old Rensselaer... You bring the whiskey, I'll bring the beer!

Comment

I'd prefer if RPI did not fire Seth Appert. Let him stick around for a few more years.
                    LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Originally posted by UnionHockeyManiac View Post
                      I'd prefer if RPI did not fire Seth Appert. Let him stick around for a few more years.
                      And we'd prefer if Union players didn't headlock/headhunt a skill player of ours and throw him down on the ice when holding a 4 to 1 lead late in the game, but you can't always get what you wish for.
                      Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by ibanezist00 View Post
                        And we'd prefer if Union players didn't headlock/headhunt a skill player of ours and throw him down on the ice when holding a 4 to 1 lead late in the game, but you can't always get what you wish for.
                        I have wished for victories against RPI the last 10 times we've played them. So I do always get what I wish for in this case.

Appert is now 4-20-3 against Union since becoming RPI's coach in 2006. Wow.
                        LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

I've come out of lurking just to say how incredibly stupid this thread is. I'm as irritated about the playoff shortcomings and the losing streak to Union as anyone; the latter was humiliating four or five losses ago. (Thanks to the football team for picking us up this weekend.) And you can see in my signature the comically bad results of my recent attendance. But this is the definition of overreaction.

You want to ignore last year's second-place finish and an NCAA tournament appearance, fire a coach we just extended, alienate players and recruits, and hit the reset button on our program because of a few bad weekends? What do you think the next step is? You have somebody better in mind? Herb Brooks is not walking through that door.

I can only hope that this community doesn't lump the entire RPI fanbase in with you. You're embarrassing yourself.
                          Tyler

"I just want to see one conference semifinal appearance before I die" is probably the most pathetic thought I've ever had. Go 'Tute.

Comment

Originally posted by RPIPuzzleGuy View Post
                            I've come out of lurking just to say how incredibly stupid this thread is. I'm as irritated about the playoff shortcomings and the losing streak to Union as anyone; the latter was humiliating four or five losses ago. (Thanks to the football team for picking us up this weekend.) And you can see in my signature the comically bad results of my recent attendance. But this is the definition of overreaction.

You want to ignore last year's second-place finish and an NCAA tournament appearance, fire a coach we just extended, alienate players and recruits, and hit the reset button on our program because of a few bad weekends? What do you think the next step is? You have somebody better in mind? Herb Brooks is not walking through that door.

I can only hope that this community doesn't lump the entire RPI fanbase in with you. You're embarrassing yourself.
                            We went to the NCAA tournament last year? That's news to me.

Forget tournament success, when are we going to score a goal for the first time since before I was born?

Comment

For that comment, I'll go to games whenever I'm visiting FlagDUDETTE just to spite you.
                              You leave your blowup doll in Troy? Silly wabbit.
                              Originally posted by moe24
                              Thread over... REDRocket wins!!!

Comment

We went to the NCAA tournament last year? That's news to me.
                                Yes, employing grammatical tricks will surely bolster your point.
                                Tyler

"I just want to see one conference semifinal appearance before I die" is probably the most pathetic thought I've ever had. Go 'Tute.

Comment

Working...
                                X